Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Guys are disgruntled with weight lifting and running" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 14, 2012, 02:32:25 PM

Best news I've heard since we signed Nicks. Weed out the weak and the lazy. Schiano will learn soon who really wants to win. No one ENJOYS this stuff, but the men do it without whining or quitting.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 14, 2012, 02:33:43 PM

There only nine players that remain on the current roster, that were also on the 2008 roster since Dominik took over as general manager. And after this season there might only be three.

Ronde Barber
Aqib Talib
Quincy Black
Adam Hayward
Jeremy Zuttah
Davin Joseph
Jeremy Trueblood
Donald Penn
Andrew Economos

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#32 : April 14, 2012, 02:35:42 PM

There only nine players that remain on the current roster, that were also on the 2008 roster since Dominik took over as general manager. And after this season there might only be three.

Ronde Barber
Aqib Talib
Quincy Black
Adam Hayward
Jeremy Zuttah
Davin Joseph
Jeremy Trueblood
Donald Penn
Andrew Economos

... I can't believe Black is still part of that list -.-;;. After two subpar years.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 14, 2012, 02:55:05 PM

They get paid millions to play a game. Man the **CENSORED** up.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 14, 2012, 02:58:21 PM

They get paid millions to play a game. Man the **CENSORED** up.

Exactly what I was going to say. Get paid millions to play the game they love and get in awesome shape. Sounds awful.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 14, 2012, 03:43:55 PM

From the book of Lombardi:
"Fatigue makes cowards of us all"
  His players looked forward to playing games as a way to get away from Lombardi's brutal practices, as they were much harder than playing their schedule.
Lombardi, in his 9 seasons as a HC before his untimely death, NEVER had a losing season, despite taking over the pitiful Packers, then the laughing stock of the NFL. They went from a 1-10-1 record to 7-5 his first year, played in the NFL championship his 2nd year.
In 1969, Lombardi's 1st year as HC with the Redskins, he posted a 7-5-2 record, their first winning season since 1955!

tog

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 14, 2012, 04:19:04 PM

I don't want to start anything also, but some of these reports IMO are just fluff/garbage.  We did lose 10 straight games but players complaining about working out and running is ridiculous.  I know some aspects of the team were not handled proplerly, but this is a little to hard to accept.  This team could not have won a game if they didn't put in any effort or this mentality last year.  IMO its someone's agenda to report mess like this to report any news during these "dry" times. Im not saying its not possible, just hard to accept.  It seems whenever a microphone or reporter is around some report comes out about someone complaing, or Schiano correcting this or that. If all the reports are true MD is one slippery fellow.

This.  Without more information, I find that comment very hard to believe.  For example, I could see a player saying "Man, Schiano's running us ragged with, its like 4-a-days" or something of that nature and then have it turn into "players disgruntled".  You have to understand that even the athletes that aren't viewed as hardworkers still put in huge amounts of work - unless you're a once-in-a-generation freak its impossible to play in the NFL without a very serious workout regimen.  Your body will just fall apart, you have to. 

At this point, this sounds like a misquote turned into news.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 14, 2012, 04:23:26 PM

I don't want to start anything also, but some of these reports IMO are just fluff/garbage.  We did lose 10 straight games but players complaining about working out and running is ridiculous.  I know some aspects of the team were not handled proplerly, but this is a little to hard to accept.  This team could not have won a game if they didn't put in any effort or this mentality last year.  IMO its someone's agenda to report mess like this to report any news during these "dry" times. Im not saying its not possible, just hard to accept.  It seems whenever a microphone or reporter is around some report comes out about someone complaing, or Schiano correcting this or that. If all the reports are true MD is one slippery fellow.

This.  Without more information, I find that comment very hard to believe.  For example, I could see a player saying "Man, Schiano's running us ragged with, its like 4-a-days" or something of that nature and then have it turn into "players disgruntled".  You have to understand that even the athletes that aren't viewed as hardworkers still put in huge amounts of work - unless you're a once-in-a-generation freak its impossible to play in the NFL without a very serious workout regimen.  Your body will just fall apart, you have to. 

Possible.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 14, 2012, 04:40:44 PM

Exactly.  We have no idea that they're complaining about running and lifting weights. To think we have NFL players that are too soft to lift weights and run as a whole is ridiculous.  If they hated it they wouldn't have made it to the league.  It's more likely that they're complaining about how they're being asked to do it.  Maybe they like free weights and the new staff wants them on machines.  I'm in the army and I hate PT.  It's not because I hate exercising, it's because what I have to is so far beneath what I would do on my own if I just had that time to myself instead of an organized activity.  As it stands I'm forced to waste an hour and a half every morning at PT and then go to the gym after I'm released to do my real workout.  The guys complaining could be complaining about any number of things.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 14, 2012, 04:49:19 PM

"Guys are disgruntled with weight lifting and running"

-Who isn't?

..Hell, I hated the crap out of it in college and Highschool. We had an HC in HS that would scream at you like you were totally worthless, then tell you to run the bleachers all day long for even saying anything whatsoever (former marine). As much of an A-hole as he was, it undoubtedly had it's benefits. He had me down to a 4.4 40 eventually ...if that gives you any clue as to how much he "liked" me.

Weird that it gets easier as you just assume the role naturally though(day to day). If you asked me today to just once do that same regiment he had me on everyday, I'd probably die halfway through. These guys complaining are going to be the first ones thanking and shaking hands later on. Plus, you have to figure, the players have NO power here. They just did a complete overhaul of coaches, who do they think is next? ..Um, not the coaches?

Time to grin a bare it. Own up to the huge mistake that was last year. Accept your punishment for blowing that many games. They have nothing to be proud of atm, and shouldn't feel entitled to any "special" treatment (they blew that when they stopped playing for Rah) imo.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 14, 2012, 05:20:26 PM

This is exactly what people said Schiano would do: Weed out the weak links through his tough regimen.

I don't expect us to win every game. We'll have some bumps in the road, but the losses we do have will help Schiano figure out the puzzle even faster. I think whereas losses last season showed how weak we were, this season they will serve to better mold us into a tougher team in the long run.

This is the kind of news you want to hear indeed! :) It's a new day in Tampa, players! Let's see if you can cut it!! 8)
: April 14, 2012, 05:38:54 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 14, 2012, 08:50:44 PM

He had me down to a 4.4 40

you would have been one of the top 10 fastest guys in the draft this year!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#42 : April 14, 2012, 08:56:36 PM

How likely is it that someone heard a guy saying something along the lines of "Man, all this running and lifting has got me tired as hell" and it got turned into this?

gone

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 14, 2012, 09:33:43 PM

Or how likely is it that Nece misused the word "disgruntled".

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 14, 2012, 10:36:17 PM

I'm also of the opinion that this isn't as clear-cut as many are making it out to be. I highly doubt that Nece expressed the full picture of what is transpiring.....you don't get to the NFL by being scared of exercise....sorry.....not buying it.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Guys are disgruntled with weight lifting and running" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools