Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wolf Heard's 7 round mock « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

beaners

Rookie

#15 : April 15, 2012, 08:32:24 AM

The first two picks are on point.  And to be honest you can't complain about picking up a OT in the 3rd.  But I understand the uncertainty of picking up a rb late in the draft.  One position that im a little concerned with is C.  I beleive Zuttah is more than capable, but who backs him up.  That is a disater in the making wihout a backup.  Im not saying draft someone but I hope we don't go into TC with only 1 C.  But I hope the teams doesnt reach for players and let things fall where they may.
I believe they said Larsen would be the back up center, feel he is more suited for that position more than guard

nitey

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 15, 2012, 09:09:50 AM

I'm not taking a RT in the 3rd.  They'll be able to survive with True, but there is NO WAY you survive by not taking a RB til the 7th.

If the first 2 play out that way, I'm taking Robert Turbin    or Isaiah Pead in the 3rd.

Heard has us taking 2 RB's in the draft. He gives us Rainey in the 5th.

Which is a terrible pick , BTW. I'm a Gator fan and trust me he sucks. He's nothing but another Noel Devine - but big enough to have any impact on the next level , and not as fast as he was hyped to be . I wouldn't take a flyer on him until round 7.

Well, I can't comment on that. I'm not a Gator fan and I haven't looked at any video's of him personally. I have seen some analysts comparing him to Sproles though so if he's that kind of player I'd be very happy with that. However, as I mentioned, I really think the Bucs address the RB position in the 2nd or 3rd round. If we got David in the 2nd, I would really rather have him than any other RB that might be on the board, however, as I said, I wouldn't take a OT in the 3rd over a RB unless there is really no one that we like. I've looked at some video of both Turbin and Pead, but to my eyes, both look about the same although Turbin? seemed to have more video of him catching the ball, so perhaps he's a more complete player than Pead.

But I do agree with everyone else, RB in the 3rd please IF we get David in the 2nd.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 15, 2012, 09:23:34 AM

that would be one of the most amazing drafts i could think of.  every pick fills needs.  would love for it to happen.  to those worrying about RB's, you pick of an addai, hightower, whomever after the draft.

i cant see how anyone would not be thrilled with that draft.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 15, 2012, 09:40:56 AM

I'm not taking a RT in the 3rd.  They'll be able to survive with True, but there is NO WAY you survive by not taking a RB til the 7th.

If the first 2 play out that way, I'm taking Robert Turbin    or Isaiah Pead in the 3rd.

Which is a terrible pick , BTW. I'm a Gator fan and trust me he sucks. He's nothing but another Noel Devine - but big enough to have any impact on the next level , and not as fast as he was hyped to be . I wouldn't take a flyer on him until round 7.

Well, I can't comment on that. I'm not a Gator fan and I haven't looked at any video's of him personally. I have seen some analysts comparing him to Sproles though so if he's that kind of player I'd be very happy with that. However, as I mentioned, I really think the Bucs address the RB position in the 2nd or 3rd round. If we got David in the 2nd, I would really rather have him than any other RB that might be on the board, however, as I said, I wouldn't take a OT in the 3rd over a RB unless there is really no one that we like. I've looked at some video of both Turbin and Pead, but to my eyes, both look about the same although Turbin? seemed to have more video of him catching the ball, so perhaps he's a more complete player than Pead.

But I do agree with everyone else, RB in the 3rd please IF we get David in the 2nd.

The thing about Rainey is that he would look so great against terrible teams like Florida Atlantic or Alabama-Birmingham , and then against good teams like LSU or Alabama he would be completely ineffective. Completely. To compare him to Sproles I think he'd have needed to show more in the passing game at least , and Rainey never showed as much in that area as you would expect from a player like him. He's a very average reciever at best. Again , I think Noel Devine is the better comparision.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 15, 2012, 10:13:10 AM

The thing about Rainey is that he would look so great against terrible teams like Florida Atlantic or Alabama-Birmingham , and then against good teams like LSU or Alabama he would be completely ineffective. Completely. To compare him to Sproles I think he'd have needed to show more in the passing game at least , and Rainey never showed as much in that area as you would expect from a player like him. He's a very average reciever at best. Again , I think Noel Devine is the better comparision.

rainey was basically asked to be a workhorse at UF.  here he'd get a chance to get a screen, draw or two a game.  punt block, punt return, KO return.  think he'd be much more effective in spurts rather than series.  plus he'd be a 5th round pick, not a big deal imo.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 15, 2012, 10:18:09 AM

I still have to ask about any OLB how much will he play? I guess we can assume that if Black plays the way he always does we'll ditch him so even if rookies plays not on passing downs this year he will eventually but that does concern me that we are drafting that high a guy who could be a part time player.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 15, 2012, 10:29:14 AM

i think it would be pretty nice when our 1st, 2nd or 3rd picks wouldnt be forced into the lineup.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 15, 2012, 10:37:30 AM

Janzen Jackson is an interesting flier guy.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 15, 2012, 10:50:13 AM

I do wonder though, which would have the greater impact on the team a new RT that plays better than Trueblood making the line even better OR a running back that makes the line better than it is because he can play off the blockers better? I do tend to think that Trueblood would be okay in the run blocking aspect and I doubt a new RT would be much of an improvement there, but the greater impact might be if the the OT would be better at pass blocking and take fewer penalties (although it appears that TB has made some progress on that front).

Short term, the running back might be the better value, long term, it very well could be the OT.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

blackat1515

Second String

#24 : April 15, 2012, 10:53:20 AM

WOW, I love this mock, it feels everything and has some really good players, without reaching, great mock let's hope it comes true, oh the reason for repo RB is if Blount goes down we still have our big back to pound the rock and our third down change of pace back doesn't become our feature back.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 15, 2012, 11:02:25 AM

If Rainey is looked at as more of a utility guy rather than a RB then it makes no sense to select a 7th round RB who is not a receiver. Heard has always been a bit goofy but that's just stupid.

Also...while Gator fans buy a bit too much into the Rainey is as fast as Demps (or faster)....he's not....he's going to be one of the fastest guys in the league assuming he survives in the league.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 15, 2012, 11:03:02 AM

agree. rainey wont be a runningback in the league, at least not for long. i could see him on the field as an option on 3rd down, maybe play a little in the slot, but his future is special teams kickoff and punt returns.

this mock is fine except round 3. would rather have a real runningback like pead, or another linebacker here. then switch ganaway out for a FB in the 7th. we can live til next season with this offensive line and get a new RT next year

Hammerhead

Starter

#27 : April 15, 2012, 11:07:58 AM

Yea, we don't need another late round wasted pick at running back like Allen Bradford.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 15, 2012, 11:25:46 AM

I like Rounds 1 & 2, but a tackle in the 3rd?? We don't NEED to upgrade Trueblood, it would be nice but not necessary. We do NEED a RB and the 3rd is a good place to get a LMJ or Pead or Turbin.

I like the idea of getting Rainey, but not at R5, I think 6 or 7 would be a better value. I think Rainey could be a ST ace in both returns and coverage (he has 6 blocked punts). But I don't see him as more than a gimmick 2-3 snaps a game RB/WR. 

I wouldn't compare him to Sproles. Sproles is more complete and much better at taking on defenders head-on. Would not compare him to Devine either. I think if you must compare I'd say Devin Hester IF he was an offensive player (and Chicago did have him play WR for awhile when they were desperate. It didn't work)

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 15, 2012, 11:49:22 AM

I like Rounds 1 & 2, but a tackle in the 3rd?? We don't NEED to upgrade Trueblood, it would be nice but not necessary. We do NEED a RB and the 3rd is a good place to get a LMJ or Pead or Turbin.

would much rather solidify our line for the next few years than go after a RB who is indistinguishable.  get by this year with blount, ganaway, and choice of addai/hightower/forsett/battle/etc.  by 2013 our line is set and we also know if blount/ganaway are long term options.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wolf Heard's 7 round mock « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools