Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now who would have thought the Muslims were misleading the West « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #15 : April 15, 2012, 03:32:50 PM »

It is 100% unacceptable for anyone to want laws shaped to reflect the tenets of their faith. 100% unacceptable. Which is why I'm sure that you will both agree that anti-abortion legislation, anti-contraception legislation, anti-gay marriage legislation, and the teaching of intelligent design in schools should all be banned at once. It's good that we can all agree here.

;)
while I agree with you, I am more tolerant to countries evolving from the stone age.
or those not taking billions from the US  promising one thing and doing another...
more like accepting than taking. We are just as much to blame for this

To blame for what? What's happened in any of these countries that is so terrible?

LMAO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1392454/Muslim-girl-Katya-Koren-19-stoned-death-beauty-contest-Ukraine.html
« : April 15, 2012, 03:34:27 PM VinBucFan »

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #16 : April 15, 2012, 03:36:23 PM »

It is 100% unacceptable for anyone to want laws shaped to reflect the tenets of their faith. 100% unacceptable. Which is why I'm sure that you will both agree that anti-abortion legislation, anti-contraception legislation, anti-gay marriage legislation, and the teaching of intelligent design in schools should all be banned at once. It's good that we can all agree here.

;)
while I agree with you, I am more tolerant to countries evolving from the stone age.
or those not taking billions from the US  promising one thing and doing another...

To blame for what?
insisting on democracy over there while showering them with $$$$.

So they aren't having democratic elections?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #17 : April 15, 2012, 03:38:48 PM »

;)

To blame for what? What's happened in any of these countries that is so terrible?

LMAO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1392454/Muslim-girl-Katya-Koren-19-stoned-death-beauty-contest-Ukraine.html

That was in Crimea, Bubbles. I know reading comprehension isn't a strongsuit of yours, but try re-reading the article, then re-reading the question before your next post.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #18 : April 15, 2012, 03:39:13 PM »

http://www.iran-e-azad.org/stoning/women.html

Sharia law is just like anti-contraception laws on the US -  lol

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #19 : April 15, 2012, 03:40:06 PM »

;)

LMAO

That was in Crimea, Bubbles. I know reading comprehension isn't a strongsuit of yours, but try re-reading the article, then re-reading the question before your next post.

Sharia law was the point, not the location but you know that

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #20 : April 15, 2012, 03:40:48 PM »

;)

http://www.iran-e-azad.org/stoning/women.html

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #21 : April 15, 2012, 03:43:09 PM »

;)

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2010/09/islamic-sharia-law-stoning-video-surfaces-from-pakistan-graphic-warning.html

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #22 : April 15, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »

;)

"In February 1998, the Taliban, who once ruled in Afghanistan, ordered this punishment for three men convicted of sodomy:

On Wednesday, the Taleban ordered the execution of three men for sodomy in the southern town of Kandahar, southern Afghanistan. They were ordered to be buried alive under a pile of stones and a wall was pushed on top of them by a tank.

Their lives were to be spared if they survived for 30 minutes and were still alive when the stones were removed."

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #23 : April 15, 2012, 03:50:26 PM »

;)

To blame for what?

yes but that is what is provoking the extremism

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #24 : April 15, 2012, 03:55:10 PM »

;)

"Today I received another telephone call from a young Muslim woman, Nasrin, who pleaded with me to help her obtain an Islamic divorce. After fleeing a forced marriage characterised by rape and physical violence, Nasrin applied for an Islamic divorce from a Sharia council; that was almost 10 years ago now. Despite countless emails, letters and telephone calls to the Sharia council as well as joint mediation and reconciliation meetings, the Sharia council refuse to provide Nasrin with an Islamic divorce. Why? Because of Nasrin’s sex. An Imam at the Sharia council told Nasrin that her gender prevents her from unilaterally divorcing her husband, instead the Imam told her to return to her husband, perform her wifely duties and maintain the abusive marriage that she was forced into."

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #25 : April 15, 2012, 03:56:57 PM »

Ha, that was pretty much my exact thought when reading this

Then maybe you should think a bit more. Even if one accepts that kind of moral relativism then one might consider whether it is an apt comparison. For example, is anti-abortion legislation actually comparable to sharia law?  Anti-abortion laws infringe on a women's freedom with the aim of saving a life. How does that compare to sharia law which in some applications sanctions the killing of women?  At best, anti gay rights legislation would be the closest example to the way sharia law treats women and even that is a HUGE stretch. Btw, what is the penalty for homosexuality in the United States? Social stigma, maybe? What the penalty in Taliban controlled Afghanistan?

I mean seriously it might help to think about the comparison before making it

I can only assume you are kidding here.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #26 : April 15, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »

;)

To blame for what?

yes but that is what is provoking the extremism

You mean they are killing people to maintain what CBW defends as law based on religious tenets. :-)

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #27 : April 15, 2012, 03:59:04 PM »

Ha, that was pretty much my exact thought when reading this

Then maybe you should think a bit more. Even if one accepts that kind of moral relativism then one might consider whether it is an apt comparison. For example, is anti-abortion legislation actually comparable to sharia law?  Anti-abortion laws infringe on a women's freedom with the aim of saving a life. How does that compare to sharia law which in some applications sanctions the killing of women?  At best, anti gay rights legislation would be the closest example to the way sharia law treats women and even that is a HUGE stretch. Btw, what is the penalty for homosexuality in the United States? Social stigma, maybe? What the penalty in Taliban controlled Afghanistan?

I mean seriously it might help to think about the comparison before making it

I can only assume you are kidding here.

Lol. I am. The legislation you guys referenced is just like sharia law. ;-)

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #28 : April 15, 2012, 04:07:39 PM »

;)

LMAO

No it wasn't. Countries receiving money from the US and supposedly not keeping their promises were, but you know that. Or perhaps you don't, because you have the habit to argue against points that people have never made.

As to Sharia Law, what's funny is that you often accuse me of not understanding links, yet you posted one that you clearly didn't understand. The point of your link was to express how stonings are at odds with Muslim law and tradition, not representative of it. Hence the quote at the beginning of the diatribe:

Note: Stoning to death is a pre-Islamic practice  condemned by the Islamic religeon.

Sharia Law does not advocate stoning. The Qur'an never mentions it among punishments acceptable in Sharia Law, and many Muslim clerics argue that it is actually a practice condemned by Islamic tradition. Also worth noting, this diatribe is from 1997. Stoning has been banned in Iran as of 2008.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #29 : April 15, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »

;)

LMAO

No it wasn't. Countries receiving money from the US and supposedly not keeping their promises were, but you know that. Or perhaps you don't, because you have the habit to argue against points that people have never made.

As to Sharia Law, what's funny is that you often accuse me of not understanding links, yet you posted one that you clearly didn't understand. The point of your link was to express how stonings are at odds with Muslim law and tradition, not representative of it. Hence the quote at the beginning of the diatribe:

Note: Stoning to death is a pre-Islamic practice  condemned by the Islamic religeon.

Sharia Law does not advocate stoning. The Qur'an never mentions it among punishments acceptable in Sharia Law, and many Muslim clerics argue that it is actually a practice condemned by Islamic tradition. Also worth noting, this diatribe is from 1997. Stoning has been banned in Iran as of 2008.

Lol. Ladies and gentleman, the CBW tap dance.

CBW, first you are the one that compared sharia law to religious-based legislation initiatives in this country. The comparison is STUPID, as illustrated. Second part of your tap dance is " sharia law is not what it appears ". No body said sharia law "advocates" stoning. Find the quote if that is what you think. I illustrated that stoning is practiced in places that adhere to sharia law.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now who would have thought the Muslims were misleading the West « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools