Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fans ejected from NFL games must pass conduct test to return « previous next »
Page: 1

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

: April 15, 2012, 10:27:06 PM

Fans ejected from NFL games must pass conduct test to return

The next time a fan is kicked out of an NFL stadium for being unruly, he or she will have to take a $75 four-hour online class and pass a code-of-conduct test for readmittance.

We're not trying to squash anyone's passion. We're just trying to say don't be violent," Dr. Ari Novick, a licensed psychotherapist who developed the idea, told the New York Post.

Stadium requirements will vary across the league, but most of the time, a booted fan will be required to pass the conduct test, Novick said.

At MetLife Stadium, security chief Daniel DeLorenzi said about 25 fans are kicked out of the stadium at each Jets and Giants game. In order to combat a growing trend of unruly behavior, MetLife was the first, along with the New England Patriots' Gillette Stadium, to require completion of the class and test in 2010.

In New York, the rowdy fans also are required to write DeLorenzi a letter of apology. But he said about 25 percent of people will never take the class and are placed on the "unforgiven" list, which contains the name, photo and seat number of every fan who has been ejected.

The class is available at FanConductClass.com, and the taker must correctly answer at least 70 percent of the questions to pass.

Novick, the creator of the concept, takes $55 from the test fee, and the rest of the money is donated to Mothers Against Drunk Driving and the HERO Campaign for Designated Drivers.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 15, 2012, 10:39:43 PM

Sounds like a crazy concept to me, but hats off to whoever thought of this idea.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 15, 2012, 11:01:37 PM

Sounds like a crazy concept to me, but hats off to whoever thought of this idea.

Well, by my calculation, this Novick guy who came up with the idea is set to get paid over $350,000 per year from this at $55 a pop and approx. 25 people getting kicked out of each game. Hell, for a mere fraction of this cost, I will offer my system to the NFL which has proven to be just as effective as this Novick guy's test. My system simply requires each clown who has been ejected from the game to write in chalk 100 times on a blackboard placed in each stadiums holding cell, "I was a dumb*ss and I promise to never attempt to do any stupid sh*t during a game again". Then I would make them stand there and watch as somebody pours their open containers of alcohol and beer down the drain.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#3 : April 15, 2012, 11:09:03 PM

Man attendance is going to take a hit in Philly if they go with this. Lol!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 16, 2012, 12:26:14 AM

Buffalo fans are going to be broker than they already are...

And Bears fans are dipschidts too.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 16, 2012, 12:49:30 AM

Man attendance is going to take a hit in Philly if they go with this. Lol!

Yeah, I see what you mean. You have to get at least a 70% on the test to pass. That's waaaay to much of a reach for Philly fans.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#6 : April 16, 2012, 02:58:48 AM

Let me tell you...I sit 10 rows off the field and the last 2 seasons the stadium has 2 dedicated plain clothes security guards in each corner of the field that scan the crowd for problems. I am sure everyone has seen the signs about texting to complain of unruly fans. That text gets sent to these guys and they come up in the crowd and strong arm whomever and haul them away.  They grab you and ask questions later. There is no discussion. They simply lift you up and drag you off.  I like it, there has been some really crappy opposing fans the last few seasons. They should be dealt with swiftly.  These guys don't hesitate to haul away Bucs fans either.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 16, 2012, 03:06:02 AM

Well, by my calculation, this Novick guy who came up with the idea is set to get paid over $350,000 per year from this at $55 a pop and approx. 25 people getting kicked out of each game. Hell, for a mere fraction of this cost, I will offer my system to the NFL which has proven to be just as effective as this Novick guy's test. My system simply requires each clown who has been ejected from the game to write in chalk 100 times on a blackboard placed in each stadiums holding cell, "I was a dumb*ss and I promise to never attempt to do any stupid sh*t during a game again". Then I would make them stand there and watch as somebody pours their open containers of alcohol and beer down the drain.
Imagine if this spreads. Talking real money. Amazing.

Looked like there was a section for MLS...Major League Soccer?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 16, 2012, 03:10:59 AM

Let me tell you...I sit 10 rows off the field and the last 2 seasons the stadium has 2 dedicated plain clothes security guards in each corner of the field that scan the crowd for problems. I am sure everyone has seen the signs about texting to complain of unruly fans. That text gets sent to these guys and they come up in the crowd and strong arm whomever and haul them away.  They grab you and ask questions later. There is no discussion. They simply lift you up and drag you off.  I like it, there has been some really crappy opposing fans the last few seasons. They should be dealt with swiftly.  These guys don't hesitate to haul away Bucs fans either.

Those same guys patrol OBP and they do the same exact thing to anyone who asks one of the Glazers for a raise.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 16, 2012, 03:14:23 AM

Those same guys patrol OBP and they do the same exact thing to anyone who asks one of the Glazers for a raise.
Quincy Black must have fought them off.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 16, 2012, 03:44:36 AM

Quincy Black must have fought them off.

No, no....no......that wasn't a OBP employee asking for 50 cent raise, which is usually the case. That one was ALL Teflon Dom's doin'.......in his office.....in the dark.....with the shades pulled.......as he was whispering over the phone with Black's agent. Glazers never knew a thing until the ink was dry. But The Teflon Dom can get away with such things. He's been around the place for over 22 years.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fans ejected from NFL games must pass conduct test to return « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools