Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blackmon is going to be a dominant NFL receiver « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 15, 2012, 10:53:43 PM

What are we not allowed to have these weapons unless we have a Brady, Rodgers, Brees on our team? If freeman sux with those weapons you get a new QB then. Period.
Perhaps you don't have Blackmon graded as high as other players available to you and don't feel that WR is a great need as well. If you really want to add to your WRs, this draft is said to be deep in them. How many WRs that Brady, Rodgers, and Brees throw to were drafted in the top 5?

I just think Blackmon would make our offense great. As for whether they got a top 5 receivers? Yes they have top 5 receivers. Maybe weren't drafted in top 5 but they make plays like it. Where those teams lack defense they sure don't lack receivers who can make plays. Blackmon can make those plays.
I'm not knocking down Blackmon. I just think he won't be the highest rated player on our board when we draft at #5, nor is WR one of our greatest needs. I'm saying the Bucs will not draft Blackmon at tthe 5th spot. Are you predicting the Bucs take Blackmon at #5?

Not at all. Just something I would strongly consider. I don't think the point is to pick the highest rated player it's to select the player you believe that gives you the best chance to win. I think Blackmon makes our offense very good and capable of big plays on any play. Which is what the Giants offense did. The patriots offense did and the Packers offense did.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 15, 2012, 10:57:45 PM

What are we not allowed to have these weapons unless we have a Brady, Rodgers, Brees on our team? If freeman sux with those weapons you get a new QB then. Period.
Perhaps you don't have Blackmon graded as high as other players available to you and don't feel that WR is a great need as well. If you really want to add to your WRs, this draft is said to be deep in them. How many WRs that Brady, Rodgers, and Brees throw to were drafted in the top 5?

I just think Blackmon would make our offense great. As for whether they got a top 5 receivers? Yes they have top 5 receivers. Maybe weren't drafted in top 5 but they make plays like it. Where those teams lack defense they sure don't lack receivers who can make plays. Blackmon can make those plays.
I'm not knocking down Blackmon. I just think he won't be the highest rated player on our board when we draft at #5, nor is WR one of our greatest needs. I'm saying the Bucs will not draft Blackmon at tthe 5th spot. Are you predicting the Bucs take Blackmon at #5?

Not at all. Just something I would strongly consider. I don't think the point is to pick the highest rated player it's to select the player you believe that gives you the best chance to win. I think Blackmon makes our offense very good and capable of big plays on any play. Which is what the Giants offense did. The patriots offense did and the Packers offense did.
Okay...yes, again, with Manning, Brady, and Rodgers. Blackmon's a good WR, but you're saying that you don't believe the Bucs will pick the player you think gives the Bucs the best chance to win.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#62 : April 15, 2012, 11:05:15 PM

No we don't have Manning, Brees, or Rodgers but that doesn't mean I'm not going to give my qb weapons to get it done.

As for your other comment. I really don't know what they are thinking. They may use the pick on Claiborne which would make sense to me considering the depth there and what could possibly be our biggest need by a long shot this year and more likely next year. Barber and Talib is all the reason there. They could select Richardson if he's there since Schiano is all about running the ball. Kalil may slip to us. LT is tough to pass on. Then again Sullivan may be thinking Blackmon would make our offense similar to NYGs. It's up in the air to me for what they actually do. For me I think Blackmon gives us a NYGs like offense and they just won the Super Bowl so yea I think pretty highly of him.
: April 15, 2012, 11:07:42 PM BucBalla85

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#63 : April 15, 2012, 11:51:38 PM

The BUcs wideout corps with Blackmon added is the best in the NFL.  No doubt about it.

But every single one of them is useless until Free learns to be accurate, and to read the field.  Also, him not playing like he is scared out of his mind would help...but who could blame him.  Faine was a chump, and well...we know the rest.

Except Doloris.  She knows nothing about football.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#64 : April 15, 2012, 11:58:07 PM

Last year sucked. Freeman sucked. The whole team sucked. However, everyone seems to forget that in 2010 Freeman wasn't just good, he was outstanding. Not just his TD to INT ratio either. He carried the entire team. He made things happen and he was the heart and soul of the team. I'm glad to see he slimmed down 20lbs and I think with the new coaching staff he will find that 2010 success again. If Mike Sullivan can mold Eli Manning into a 2x SB champ, I'm confident Freeman will regain his badassedness.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#65 : April 16, 2012, 12:01:21 AM

It would help if he would run occasionally as well.  That year he was good he was the second leading rushing QB in the league over Aaron Rodgers and only trailing the scatback who pretends he is a QB Mike Vick.

Freeman needs to regain that running form when they give it to him.  He drove me nuts when he wouldn't, and there were more than a dozen times he could have sustained a drive with his legs, but he launched before he hit the LOS, and usually with nothing to show for it.  RUN FREEMAN JESUS!

Maybe if he stopped eating Tacobell, worked on his cardio a bit, he wouldn't be winded from running...a la McNabb.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#66 : April 16, 2012, 12:25:27 AM

Ive been a fan since 76, cant for the life of me remembering having a score at will offense.....Personally Id rather trade Winslow, possibly for a 4th round pick, go after Blackmon if Trents gone, IF Fleener fell to 2nd then he's the pick and trade back into 2nd for Wilson first or Martin 2nd.....use rest of picks on D, coach up the D as needed but lets start scoring 35 a game, Im sick of the drive length of field and FG bull**CENSORED**!!!!!

Yea! Great idea man, let's trade our good TE away so we can get some unproven guy from Stanford to replace him and have another hole to fill in the draft instead of addressing the defense!

You people are ridiculous. The hate Winslow gets here is absolutely absurd. There is no point in trading him. He is going to be an important part of our offense this year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#67 : April 16, 2012, 12:26:52 AM

Ive been a fan since 76, cant for the life of me remembering having a score at will offense.....Personally Id rather trade Winslow, possibly for a 4th round pick, go after Blackmon if Trents gone, IF Fleener fell to 2nd then he's the pick and trade back into 2nd for Wilson first or Martin 2nd.....use rest of picks on D, coach up the D as needed but lets start scoring 35 a game, Im sick of the drive length of field and FG bull**CENSORED**!!!!!

Yea! Great idea man, let's trade our good TE away so we can get some unproven guy from Stanford to replace him and have another hole to fill in the draft instead of addressing the defense!

You people are ridiculous. The hate Winslow gets here is absolutely absurd. There is no point in trading him. He is going to be an important part of our offense this year.
Yup.

And great screen name.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#68 : April 16, 2012, 12:49:33 AM

Yup.

And great screen name.

Glad to see someone else agrees with me. I just really want to know what everyone is thinking when they say trade Winslow.

And haha, thanks. Can't stand Goodell.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blackmon is going to be a dominant NFL receiver « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools