Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm On The MoMo Bandwagon...! He IS The Logical Choice. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

: April 16, 2012, 10:54:23 PM

I am no longer a Trentersexual...!    (I chuckled when that term was coined - who came up with that gem?)

Don't get me wrong, I think Trent Richardson will make AD an afterthought, by comparison statistically, years from now.

I would have loved to see what I am SO friggin' confident will be an absolute BEAST - that will make Peterson look more like a "finesse runner" in comparison of style, years - in Pewter & Red.  And it is absolutely contrary to the direction I would usually like to see the team go at the #5 spot.  Ya know...  Go CB, or D-lineman, or O-line road-grader the likes of a Nicks, or a Black Shirt linebacker that is the next coming O Butkus/Singletary/LT, but never....  Ever..... draft a RB in the 1st round.

Ever.

But I have to come clean...  So to speak.  I see the truth.

MoMo makes absolute perfect sense as this years 5th selection.  There are so very many pros, versus too many cons, to go any other direction than MoMo.

>  He solidifies one of the most glaring holes/needs on the team.
>  We have already upgraded the defensive backfield with the addition of Wright, but that's just the beginning to the changes our (defensive) roster will realize on opening day - and you can NEVER have too many good CBs.  Their importance can't be overstated.
>  He is the safe pick, in that he is sure to get burned for a TD here and there, and all DBs get torched occasionally, but if MoMo ends up just being "serviceable" - it would be far less obvious than TRich having a poor rookie outing, or career for that matter..
>  It would be an undeniably HUGE risk to take Richardson for a plethora of reasons.
>  We will have to address the CB position...  AGAIN... when Barber retires next year.
>  We can get a serviceable RB in later rounds, and RBs just aren't as vital to a team's success as they used to be.

I'm sure there are reasons that I'm forgetting, but it's pretty danged obvious that MoMo is the pick.  He would not be as "sexy" as a Trent Richardson selection would be.  Let's face it - Richardson would sell tickets.  He'd immediately put "$8 per beer drinking patrons" in seats more so than MoMo will, and I absolutely want that, but...

I want what is best for my team...  in the long run...  not just the "short-term satisfaction" that taking TRich would possibly be.  He could be the next Jim Brown, but I probably have a better shot at the long snapper spot than TRich does being Jim Brown reincarnate.

It's a long, boring off season...  But at least I didn't make another Trent Richardson thread...!
: April 16, 2012, 11:48:51 PM BucsFTW

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 16, 2012, 11:22:05 PM

:o

*Falls to his knees*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Et Tu, FTW?! :(
: April 16, 2012, 11:25:10 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 16, 2012, 11:25:17 PM

Glad to see you come around FTW.  The guy is no professor of fine arts, but the guy is a 4.0 when it comes to collegiate football.

He is the logical choice for all the reasons I stated before.  The Bucs have NOBODY at cornerback.

If Gaitor and Biggers are our starters, Brees might throw for 10thousand yards.  At halftime.

Don't listen to Beetles.  He is still angry about the sexy Chip Kelly getting away.  Dodged a HUGE cannon shot on that one!  Much to his chagrin...

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 16, 2012, 11:32:12 PM

Glad to see you come around FTW.  The guy is no professor of fine arts, but the guy is a 4.0 when it comes to collegiate football.

He is the logical choice for all the reasons I stated before.  The Bucs have NOBODY at cornerback.

If Gaitor and Biggers are our starters, Brees might throw for 10thousand yards.  At halftime.

Don't listen to Beetles.  He is still angry about the sexy Chip Kelly getting away.  Dodged a HUGE cannon shot on that one!  Much to his chagrin...
Funny, I'm not even against Mo...I'm just pro-NOT-Mo...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 16, 2012, 11:33:08 PM

Pro-not-Mo is not against him?

Your verbosity is in dire need of work.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 16, 2012, 11:43:31 PM

No-Mo.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 16, 2012, 11:44:28 PM

Now I see why you are being watched...(JK)

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 16, 2012, 11:51:37 PM

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!

I call it like I see it. If he had Mo' brains I'd be ok with him @5.

Seriously though, he had better become one hell of a CB, or the jokes will come flooding in for whatever team that drafted him.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 16, 2012, 11:57:26 PM

getting a headache trying to decipher...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 16, 2012, 11:58:07 PM

I know Finks...

MoMo is supposedly the BPA - at a position we obviously need to address - and he should be there for us.

"No brainer" I suppose.  I just don't like the kid.  It's NOT that he's a bad kid (because he has reportedly got a solid character), it's just that I really wanted TRich due to the change that I think he would bring to the locker room, and the team's identity in general.  I just have a hunch that he will be a VERY special player.  Maybe even a future HOFer.  I know...  that's crazy talk, but like I said...  Hunch.

Even if MoMo's NOT the next "Revis Island", he will at the very least be serviceable.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 16, 2012, 11:58:40 PM

Clearly your COMPREHENSION needs work. It was a tongue in cheek way to say "Mo will be a great player and I wouldn't be upset if we got him, but he's not my ideal pick"

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 17, 2012, 12:00:15 AM

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!

I call it like I see it. If he had Mo' brains I'd be ok with him @5.

Seriously though, he had better become one hell of a CB, or the jokes will come flooding in for whatever team that drafted him.

Most receivers and cornerbacks are dumbasses. It comes with the territory. But that's what you want. Thinking takes time. You want guys with cheetah-like reactions who work off of instinct and motor muscle memory.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 17, 2012, 12:01:53 AM

Clearly your COMPREHENSION needs work. It was a tongue in cheek way to say "Mo will be a great player and I wouldn't be upset if we got him, but he's not my ideal pick"
Thank you for the expanded message - bc I wasn't sure what you were saying

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 17, 2012, 12:02:21 AM

Disagree #1...  He doesn't have to be "great" to be a valuable commodity in the Bucs backfield for years to come.

If he isn't truly "shutdown" material - he WILL be labeled a bust, but only due to his high draft pick cost.

If he was a 2nd round selection, it would be easily accepted.

I just want some PUNCH at the #5 pick spot...!

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 17, 2012, 12:06:53 AM

Most receivers and cornerbacks are dumbasses. It comes with the territory. But that's what you want. Thinking takes time. You want guys with cheetah-like reactions who work off of instinct and motor muscle memory.

I'll give you the CBs not being Rhodes scholars, and you're right - just what ya want...!

I like receivers that have a head on their shoulders, but I will admit, some of the better ones are pretty damned dumb.  Jerry Rice comes to mind.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm On The MoMo Bandwagon...! He IS The Logical Choice. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools