Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm On The MoMo Bandwagon...! He IS The Logical Choice. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 17, 2012, 12:09:22 AM

Seriously though, he had better become one hell of a CB, or the jokes will come flooding in for whatever team that drafted him.

Disagree #1...  He doesn't have to be "great" to be a valuable commodity in the Bucs backfield for years to come.

If he isn't truly "shutdown" material - he WILL be labeled a bust, but only due to his high draft pick cost.

If he was a 2nd round selection, it would be easily accepted.

I just want some PUNCH at the #5 pick spot...!

We're going to be known for another record on defense. Having the dumbest player ever.

^Those are the lines of jokes you're going to hear forever if he fails or ends up average.

He had better put that **CENSORED** talk to rest right away regardless of "what the Bucs need." Just sayin'.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 17, 2012, 12:11:54 AM

I have a lot of respect for FTW as of right now.

Despite all the font changes, and picture postings, and highlighted characters, FTW has clearly shown the ability to change his thinking based on logical debate.

I have never ever said I think TR is not a great football player, particularly in the collegiate ranks.  If the BUcs had Carnell Williams and Earnest Graham as the 1-2, I would be screaming for teflon Dom to make a trade up, at all costs.

As it is, we have a mountain of a man at running back.  Sure, he needs some more etching.  But the guy is granite man.  How hard can it be to learn to block?  (Insert MoMo joke here)

We grab a round 3 running back, and with the Oline being paid as much as they are, and with the talent we know they have, almost any serviceable running back can come in and have a good year.  I am suprised Dom hasn't called Carnell Williams back...just to add depth to the backfield,perhaps as a #3 back.  I am sure Carnell would not mind, and we get at the worst a "blocking, catching" back that so many clamor for.  If we are reduced to that, we are dead meat anyway...and I do not like Carnell Williams.  He hurt my football feewings.  Again, I digress...

Signing Nicks has told me that loudly and clearly thatthe Bucs do intend to pound the living crap outta that pigskin.  I am good with that.  It will work because of Nicks, beacuse of Blount, and most importantly, because of Action Jackson.  He is Kid Dy-no-mite, and he will keep safeties backpedaling, rather than peeking (a la Sabatino).  Just insert a running back, and the Bucs should be able to get 4 yards a pop.  If Joseph and Nicks stay healthy (fingers crossed), the Bucs will maul people regardless.

Would I cry if the BUcs took TR?  No.  I would be excited.  But is it neccesary?  Nope.

good post FTW.  VERY good post.  For all the reasons I stated already.

Carl Nicks is a Silverback.  Just the best interior lineman in the entire league.  He gives me hope.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 17, 2012, 12:22:05 AM

His name is Mo....he scored Fo
He's a baaaad **CENSORED**

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 17, 2012, 12:22:37 AM

fo sho!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 17, 2012, 12:23:55 AM

But just remember, Mo will probably have Talib around to mentor him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 17, 2012, 12:24:57 AM

Duuuude...STFU!

>:(

I wish Barber would assume a mentors role more often.  He really needs to do that.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 17, 2012, 12:30:57 AM

Duuuude...STFU!

>:(

I wish Barber would assume a mentors role more often.  He really needs to do that.

Barber? Love the dude but he just doesn't have it in him. He has a little of that Barber standoffishness about him.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 17, 2012, 12:32:07 AM

He'd better be worth it....

If we pick him, I'm watching you like a hawk, Finky-boy!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 17, 2012, 12:32:36 AM

I know man I know.

He just isnt a team leader type.  Damned shame really.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 17, 2012, 12:37:44 AM

We just need a home run this draft...I'm tired of missing studs. DAMN tired!

If Trent lights it up as a Brown, Me about Kelly will be the LAST thing on your mind!
: April 17, 2012, 12:41:51 AM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 17, 2012, 12:42:56 AM

Agreed. If Claiborne is there, he should be the pick.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 17, 2012, 12:44:50 AM

I pretty much agree FTW...

One quick question though...

If momo is not going to be expected to be "shutdown" and its ok for him to get burned a little and have his mistakes...couldnt the same leniency be shown to a Josh Robinson, Brandon Boykin, Trumaine Johnson, Jamell Fleming...?

I go back and forth daily on who we should pick.

Blackmon, Claiborne...

Claiborne, Blackmon... (not Richardson or Kalil...cause they wont be there...

Most days I land on Claiborne for the record...

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 17, 2012, 12:46:00 AM

I have a lot of respect for FTW as of right now.

Despite all the font changes, and picture postings, and highlighted characters, FTW has clearly shown the ability to change his thinking based on logical debate.

I have never ever said I think TR is not a great football player, particularly in the collegiate ranks.  If the BUcs had Carnell Williams and Earnest Graham as the 1-2, I would be screaming for teflon Dom to make a trade up, at all costs.

As it is, we have a mountain of a man at running back.  Sure, he needs some more etching.  But the guy is granite man.  How hard can it be to learn to block?  (Insert MoMo joke here)

We grab a round 3 running back, and with the Oline being paid as much as they are, and with the talent we know they have, almost any serviceable running back can come in and have a good year.  I am suprised Dom hasn't called Carnell Williams back...just to add depth to the backfield,perhaps as a #3 back.  I am sure Carnell would not mind, and we get at the worst a "blocking, catching" back that so many clamor for.  If we are reduced to that, we are dead meat anyway...and I do not like Carnell Williams.  He hurt my football feewings.  Again, I digress...

Signing Nicks has told me that loudly and clearly thatthe Bucs do intend to pound the living crap outta that pigskin.  I am good with that.  It will work because of Nicks, beacuse of Blount, and most importantly, because of Action Jackson.  He is Kid Dy-no-mite, and he will keep safeties backpedaling, rather than peeking (a la Sabatino).  Just insert a running back, and the Bucs should be able to get 4 yards a pop.  If Joseph and Nicks stay healthy (fingers crossed), the Bucs will maul people regardless.

Would I cry if the BUcs took TR?  No.  I would be excited.  But is it neccesary?  Nope.

good post FTW.  VERY good post.  For all the reasons I stated already.

Carl Nicks is a Silverback.  Just the best interior lineman in the entire league.  He gives me hope.

Thanks Finks...

You have undeniably been both fair - and logical - in your stance on the position.  Especially with your regard to TRich.

I am totally with ya, in that I am uber confident Blount will have a monster year.  I can see him with a 1,000 yard season this year.  And a #2 RB with 1,000 combined pass/run yards as well.  I just get incredible chubbage with the thought of a TRich/Blount duo back there.  Hell... IU'm even with ya on bringing back Caddy as a #3...!

I think it was the signings of VJax, Nicks, AND especially Wright that made me think...  "We'll be able to make due for another year before we address CB...  We can always get a CB - but Richardson may just be a once-in-a-generation type of running back.

Ask yourself this Boid:  If BOTH of them end up actually being HOF caliber...  which one would you regret having NOT selected...?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 17, 2012, 12:46:47 AM

He'd better be worth it....

If we pick him, I'm watching you like a hawk, Finky-boy!
Why?  To see if I will bash him if he sucks?

If he does, I have no beef about calling people out.  It is just a message board filled with opinions.  No big deal. Some people get worked up.  I don't.

I like a good debate is all.

Best if you just watched himinstead.  I will be excited the BUcs get a corner worth his salt.

Now here is another thing to debate...

If, and I do mean IF, Aqib Talib is found not guilty, and Thor doesn't smash him with his NFL hammer, a pair of Talib and Claiborne sounds pretty filthy.

But the way I see it, something has to be done, because Talib is the dummy, not Mo MO.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 17, 2012, 01:03:45 AM

I pretty much agree FTW...

One quick question though...

If momo is not going to be expected to be "shutdown" and its ok for him to get burned a little and have his mistakes...couldnt the same leniency be shown to a Josh Robinson, Brandon Boykin, Trumaine Johnson, Jamell Fleming...?

I go back and forth daily on who we should pick.

Blackmon, Claiborne...

Claiborne, Blackmon... (not Richardson or Kalil...cause they wont be there...

Most days I land on Claiborne for the record...

Completely agree chace.  Yes - ALL would be granted the same level of expectation...  Hell - MORE.  From what I've read - I'd be thrilled with Boykin.

I'm just as unsure of Blackmon as I am of MoMo though.

I am just sooooo confident as to what TRich could have been for the Pewter & Red, but sadly - I see the Brownies taking him.

IF we were to have a choice between TRich and MoMo - I would have to leave the room until the next day for fear of being "one less" in the TV Department.

FWIW - I think I met that girl in Dallas.  Incredible caboose.  Reminded me of two wildcats wrestling in yoga pants.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm On The MoMo Bandwagon...! He IS The Logical Choice. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools