Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm On The MoMo Bandwagon...! He IS The Logical Choice. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#75 : April 25, 2012, 01:26:27 PM

You misunderstand, BucBalla. I'm not advocating TR. It has nothing to do with last year's defense.

I am pointing out the flaw in the presented logic. That flawed logic says you don't take a RB because you plan to improve your passing game. Yet an examination of the facts reveals that the RB is an essential component of the passing game, and we do not possess a back who fits that scheme. Therefore, it is not logical to pass on TR for the stated reason.

Although I can think of plenty of others.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#76 : April 25, 2012, 01:26:46 PM

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 25, 2012, 01:34:51 PM

You misunderstand, BucBalla. I'm not advocating TR. It has nothing to do with last year's defense.

I am pointing out the flaw in the presented logic. That flawed logic says you don't take a RB because you plan to improve your passing game. Yet an examination of the facts reveals that the RB is an essential component of the passing game, and we do not possess a back who fits that scheme. Therefore, it is not logical to pass on TR for the stated reason.

Its more so you dont take a RB because our defense needs help big time. Based on last years defense. What Im saying has less to do with the actual passing game but more to do with how bad our defense was last year. The bad defense meant we ran less and threw more because we would be behind by lots of TDs. Yes a good run game makes your pass game better but if your forced to be one dimensional then theres no point to take a RB when your defense is gonna force you to stay away from the run.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#78 : April 25, 2012, 01:39:53 PM

Umm...yeah. Don't give a crap. Are you not listening at all? I was pointing out a flaw in the presented logic, nothing more.

You are trying to counter an argument I never made.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#79 : April 25, 2012, 02:16:44 PM

I know what your saying. Your all about the logic being off. I know its not the clearest logic in the book but it makes sense. Defense was awful last year and that affects your passing game because you have to pass more when your defense is allowing points. Its not a direct correlation because offense can always score points too but we didnt. We addressed offense in FA but did nothing towards defense. Time to add some more talent to that d. I just think RB can be found later. I understand TR would almost guarantee that we would have a 3 down back in there but we only need a 3rd down back. Those can be found all over the draft.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#80 : April 25, 2012, 05:23:52 PM

I'm not talking about your logic, I'm talking about the logic that says you don't take a RB to improve your passing game. The RB is an integral part of an efficient aerial attack - see Sproles, New Orleans.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#81 : April 25, 2012, 05:27:52 PM

I'm not talking about your logic, I'm talking about the logic that says you don't take a RB to improve your passing game. The RB is an integral part of an efficient aerial attack - see Sproles, New Orleans.

I know that Wilson and Martin arent on the level of TR...but do you think that either of them could do what Sproles did for NO?..especially if you pair one of those guys with Blount..?

Ultimately...we are gonna probably have to make a 2nd or 3rd rd RB work since TR will most likely be drafted by someone else..

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#82 : April 25, 2012, 09:50:28 PM

Balla...  I appreciate you trying to explain what should have been pretty obvious to most, but Loomy just isn't "getting it."

Would you mind rephrasing the question (if it was one) without the double negative?

Although the Rams were an undeniably prolific offensively, looking a little deeper reveals an inarguable and undeniable truth.  Out of the 3 years that their offense got dubbed with that moniker, 1 of those (2000) had a defense that was ranked among the worst in the NFL...  That year the Rams were ousted in the first round of the playoffs.  During the 1999 and 2001 seasons, the Rams had defenses that were ranked amongst the league leaders.  Ironically, during those two seasons - the Rams made it all the way to the Superbowl.

The crux of the matter is this...  Even with one of the best offenses in the history of the NFL - the year they were unequipped defensively was the same year they went one-and-done.

And it's not like we've already got our Warner, Holt, Bruce, Proehl and Hakim - and all we need is "our Marshall Faulk."

Just Sayin'...

What "presented logic" are you referring to?  I skimmed over the thread, but I didn't notice anyone saying "you don't take a RB to improve your passing game."  Did I miss it?

To say that an efficient passing game doesn't require the benefit a good running back would be pretty ridiculous in my eyes.

To think it illogical to draft TRich, simply because we obviously need a running back whose receiving skills are more polished, would even further lack logic - if for no other reason than Richardson obviously not being the only back with receiving skills in this years draft.

Again...  Who ever has said "you don't take a RB to improve your passing game"...?

I know football's not your game Loomy, so I'll give ya a little nudge in the right direction...

Assuming we are on par with "the greatest show on turf", we'd have to rely on winning shootouts if we don't make vast improvements on defense.  We're not.

Even the most prolific running attack in the league would be rendered useless if it weren't allowed to get on the field.

You can't incorporate your running back into your offensive gameplan if opposing defenses can romp up and down the field, scoring at will and in quick order, if your back seven are underperforming.

Stick around man...  I'm just here to help ya bud.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#83 : April 26, 2012, 08:26:06 AM

Thanks, ftw, I do appreciate it. And believe me, the second I need to know what the inbred nitwit crowd is thinking I will look you up.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#84 : April 26, 2012, 10:25:10 AM

Wow Loomy...  Butt-Sore much...?

Do yourself a favor...  Layoff the skin flute practice for a month dude.

Let that cute little pink muddy-pucker heal up man.

You used to have Moxie, Loomy.   Get some more...

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#85 : April 26, 2012, 10:42:29 AM

Hey, look, constant homo-erotic reference man is back! Poor ftw, just can't get it off his mind. Post another picture of a chick, ftw, before you head back to your gay chat room. Maybe it will fool someone.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#86 : April 26, 2012, 12:32:11 PM

Hey, look, constant homo-erotic reference man is back! 
Where have we heard "this one" before?  Oh yeah...  Right here:
...Well, well,  Mr. Constant Homo-Erotic Reference...
Since you obviously have a lack of imagination (much less, the ability to fantasize), I think it's safe for all of us to assume...

You have "latent tendancies" that you should both be proud of, and by all means - explore.

Poor ftw, just can't get it off his mind. Post another picture of a chick, ftw, before you head back to your gay chat room. Maybe it will fool someone.
Nah...  I'll spare you the obligatory "hot chick pic".  I don't want to see you swayed from the deeply rooted, latent desires you obviously harbor.

I figured the least I could do, as a buddy, was to open up some lines of communication between "men of your persausion" and yourself.

I think this dude is "right up your alley"...  Or at the very least - you'd like him to be.

You're welcome (in advance), because I'm sure it's tough to find limp-wristed "pals" in the big, bad Wyoming area, but fear not Loomy - we're here to help...

PS - Word has it that if you spit on it - you won't have that "tear issue" be a problem in the future.  Best of luck, and...  Stay proud sista.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#87 : April 26, 2012, 12:38:35 PM

Alright, ftw, it's time for you to get over it. Just because I let you blow me that one time means nothing. I was drunk. Forget about it already.

Sorry about that in the eye thing.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm On The MoMo Bandwagon...! He IS The Logical Choice. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools