Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone see Dom going LB in the first two rounds? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 17, 2012, 07:18:23 AM

I see Foster and Watson winning starting jobs out of camp, leaves one spot. I like Kendricks and David the most of the 2nd round group. Demario Davis in the 3rd would be sick too
Really?  That high on Watson huh?  He was probably our best pass rusher, FWIW...and had very limited playing time.

How people feel about EJ Biggers now...they will feel the same about Watson this time nest year if Watson starts at OLB.

wow thats a bit rough. theres no way you can really say that with a straight face. if a guy hasnt seen the field much, you cant automatically say hes going to suck. watson was really productive in college and hasnt had a chance yet in the league. lets not even get into the bad coaching/lack of coaching these players got the last couple years. everyone on the team really needs a clean slate. biggers maybe not because he has shown a comlpete lack of skill but everyone else gets a pass

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 17, 2012, 07:33:22 AM

If Bucs miss out on Trent I pray for a trade down, not ovetly thrilled with Claiborne. Id rather get addl 2nd rounder via a trade down and address LB, RB and KB again with first 3 picks in first 2 rounds......

Kuechly or Hightower, David, Wilson or Martin
Me too. I rather just take BPA in the first round though.

1. Mark Barron S
2. David Wilson RB
2. Lavonte David OLB
3. Demario Davis OLB

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 17, 2012, 10:13:10 AM

I see Foster and Watson winning starting jobs out of camp, leaves one spot. I like Kendricks and David the most of the 2nd round group. Demario Davis in the 3rd would be sick too
Really?  That high on Watson huh?  He was probably our best pass rusher, FWIW...and had very limited playing time.

How people feel about EJ Biggers now...they will feel the same about Watson this time nest year if Watson starts at OLB.

wow thats a bit rough. theres no way you can really say that with a straight face. if a guy hasnt seen the field much, you cant automatically say hes going to suck. watson was really productive in college and hasnt had a chance yet in the league. lets not even get into the bad coaching/lack of coaching these players got the last couple years. everyone on the team really needs a clean slate. biggers maybe not because he has shown a comlpete lack of skill but everyone else gets a pass

Well...I did say a few posts later that it may have been a bit extreme...but even still...I have no problem "saying that with a straight face".

I think that it could be looked at that if Watson were really anything more than a situational/ST guy...then he would have easily supplanted Q.B. last year..but he very well could be better with good coaching...I would feel much more comfortable drafting a couple LBs with higher upside in the 2-5th rounds. I have no way of knowing for sure...but I definately dont see Watson as anything more than a ST/depth guy....thats why I'm fine with upgrading the position instead of "seeing what we've got"...thats why we had suck ass defensive starters in Q.B., Geno, Biggers, etc.

We need some "cream of the crop" LBs....not "lets hope they pan out/late round pick" LBs.
: April 17, 2012, 10:14:43 AM chace1986

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 17, 2012, 11:01:23 AM

No. There aren't enough snaps to justify that kind of investment. We're already committed to Mason Foster as a 3-down LB; we just need one more. I've cringed when twice in the last eight years the Bucs have used a high 3rd round pick on a 2-down SLB. The SLB is just supposed to be a role player you acquire with a late pick or as a FA. There's no need for a 4-3 team to have 3 high picks at LB when one of them only plays half the game.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 17, 2012, 11:13:13 AM

No. There aren't enough snaps to justify that kind of investment. We're already committed to Mason Foster as a 3-down LB; we just need one more. I've cringed when twice in the last eight years the Bucs have used a high 3rd round pick on a 2-down SLB. The SLB is just supposed to be a role player you acquire with a late pick or as a FA. There's no need for a 4-3 team to have 3 high picks at LB when one of them only plays half the game.

Ok so only half of the time you are trotting out a "well hope this guy doesn't **CENSORED** up too badly" guy..that means half of the time...you are vulnerable...no bueno...and if the offense is constantly getting 1st downs and getting 3rd and short downs...then there are 3 lbs on the field.

The simple fact is(or my opinion, whichever)...we need to draft two potential starters at Sam and Will next weekend. Doesnt have to be in the 1st or the even the 2nd...but LB is the weakest position on the roster..all of them are mediocre at best.

Mediocrity results in 4-12 seasons.

I say that you prep as if you need 3 starting LBs at all times and if you only need to 50% of the time...so be it...then you have great depth...its like the condom analogy...its better to have one and not need it...than to need it and have to raw dog it with the chick from apt. 23D
: April 17, 2012, 11:17:33 AM chace1986

lowlife

Starter

#20 : April 17, 2012, 11:58:29 AM

I like what I've seen of Watson. I think the only thing that  stopped him from getting more snaps was the fat contract Q got and that he probably knew the playbook a whole lot better than Watson.

I'm not saying don't bring in competition; I was just predicting he wins the job out of camp. I like his physical tools as a pass rusher and aggressiveness in pursuit. Happens to be decent enough in space to play Sam as well. Definitely no reason to draft 1 and 2 for LBs. Or even 2 and 3. Not with huge needs at CB and S. More competition at T would be nice too. Don't forget a 3rd down back.

I expect quite a few UDFA LBs and a few vets brought in as well as a 2nd day pick to come in and compete. Put your best 3 LBs on the field.
In the end, I see it as W:David/Davis M:Foster S:Watson or W:Foster M:Kendricks/Davis S: Watson

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 17, 2012, 12:17:25 PM

Shea McClellin from Boise St would be a fantastic 2nd round pick. In the 4-3 he's strictly a SLB but he's can't miss. Mayock compared to Vrabel but he reminds me of a Jarret Johnson clone. You can't run on him and if he blitzes he's going to blow up the play.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 17, 2012, 01:05:14 PM

If we trade down, it is definitely possible. I wouldn't mind seeing us do it either.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone see Dom going LB in the first two rounds? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools