Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's QUICK OBSERVATIONS FROM MINI-CAMP TODAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: April 17, 2012, 03:13:55 PM

The media only got 30 minutes to watch mini-camp, but Greg Schiano is a take-charge, no-nonsense, business-oriented, up-tempo coach.

Schiano yelled at the Bucs: "Football is a game of details and it starts here." He keeps stressing "details" - even during stretching. It was the most detailed stretching period I have ever seen in my 17 years covering the Bucs.

The Bucs had 5 try-out guys: RB Robert Hughes, S Ron Girault, DT Landon Cohen, DT Ayanga Okpokowuruk and FB/TE Richard Kay.

An interesting lineup on first-team defense ... Quincy Black at MLB with Mason Foster at OLB with Adam Hayward. Cody Grimm and Ronde Barber lining up at safety spots.

All of the big-name players were in attendance, including TE Kellen Winslow, DT Gerald McCoy, DT Brian Price, FS Cody Grimm, RB LeGarrette Blount and CB Aqib Talib.

Bucs DT EJ Wilson appears to be the only player in attendance not participating. He was on IR last year.

Kicker Connor Barth, the team's franchise player, was not at practice today.

Half of the media's 30-minute observation time consisted of the players stretching and doing warm-ups and another 5 minutes was spent doing special teams. We were not allowed to watch any offense vs. defense scrimmaging.

Stay tuned to PewterReport.com for more on Tuesday's mini-camp, which will be the only practice that is open to the media to view any parts of this week.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 17, 2012, 03:19:14 PM

Yea buddy... Buc Ball is back!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 17, 2012, 03:22:45 PM

DT Ayanga Okpokowuruk

Best jersey ever?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 17, 2012, 03:23:52 PM

lol I hope he makes the team.

magicbuc

Second String
#4 : April 17, 2012, 03:28:07 PM

I think we can assume we will have a new middle linebacker after the draft.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 17, 2012, 03:30:06 PM

Or it's a last ditch effort to find some place where Quincy can be tolerable.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 17, 2012, 03:33:17 PM

Or it's a last ditch effort to find some place where Quincy can be tolerable.

Agree BucNY. I think they want to see if he can play there. They are paying him big money.

#7 : April 17, 2012, 03:33:32 PM

DT Ayanga Okpokowuruk

Best jersey ever?

I thought Okpokowuruk was a DE...he doesn't have enough lead in his britches to play DT does he?

#8 : April 17, 2012, 03:34:31 PM

Hughes is a big runner out of N.D. goes close to 240lbs undrafted I believe, Chicagoland guy.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 17, 2012, 03:34:59 PM

Interesting lineup. Black at MLB? Hopefully he can learn that position and be a decent backup there, lol.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#10 : April 17, 2012, 03:35:21 PM

Barth can't participate until/if he signs his Franchise tender.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 17, 2012, 03:38:52 PM

Interesting lineup. Black at MLB? Hopefully he can learn that position and be a decent backup there, lol.

I can only hope they are cross-training him to allow him to backup more than one spot.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 17, 2012, 03:39:55 PM

I can only hope they are cross-training him to allow him to backup more than one spot.

Im hoping that he somehow turns into the LB we signed him to be. The power of Schiano I guess. Longshot though.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 17, 2012, 03:44:00 PM

Im hoping that he somehow turns into the LB we signed him to be. The power of Schiano I guess. Longshot though.

That would be a miracle. And cause a few on here to have a stroke. Both good things IMHO.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 17, 2012, 03:45:25 PM

I've felt like the Bucs liked the linebackers currently on the roster (and possibly what they project to draft) more than what was available in free agency. I don't think they think it's as big of a need spot as most of the fans do. My gut feeling has been that they like Quincy Black more as the player they think he will be in a different scheme, with different coaches and on a team that hasn't mailed it in than the Quincy Black you saw for much of last season.

That's only speculation, though. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucs starts Black, David, Foster and bring in bring in Hayward as a multi-purpose backup.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's QUICK OBSERVATIONS FROM MINI-CAMP TODAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools