Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's QUICK OBSERVATIONS FROM MINI-CAMP TODAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 17, 2012, 10:54:06 PM

Robert Hughes. 5'11" 235lbs. Solid hard nosed RB. Good all around back that lacks top end speed. Short yardage/goal line guy. Possible FB. I think we see where Schiano is going with our running game. SMASH!

: April 17, 2012, 10:59:41 PM JDouble

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 17, 2012, 11:19:13 PM

LOL; there never was any doubt about Schiano developing a power run game here. Adding Nicks at LG is gonna actually give us a short yardage game, something we've NEVER had. Blount SHOULD thrive; he did make considerable strides last season in using his size and powering thru tackles. If he follows Nicks' blocks, he should be a dominant back this year...

bashear

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 17, 2012, 11:19:59 PM

Yea theres lots of players who seem like "they wont be there". Do we know this or are we just keeping ourselves from dissappointment?
We know nothing. Keeping ourselves from disappointment is not a bad strategy. What will be killer is seeing one or two players we really like undrafted after the first round, and holding our breath for 24 hours to see if one falls to us.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 17, 2012, 11:58:32 PM

Yea theres lots of players who seem like "they wont be there". Do we know this or are we just keeping ourselves from dissappointment?
We know nothing. Keeping ourselves from disappointment is not a bad strategy. What will be killer is seeing one or two players we really like undrafted after the first round, and holding our breath for 24 hours to see if one falls to us.

Well the last two years Price and Bowers were guys I wasn't expecting to see around by our pick. Hopefully three years in a row we see that.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 18, 2012, 12:14:25 AM

Please don't ever mention big named player and Cody Grimm in the same sentence. While Grimm is a decent special teams player the fact he starts for this team shows how there is absolutely no talent at Safety on this team. All of our Safeties suck, Black, Asante, Grimm, Holland are the worst in the NFL. Then when you add in Biggers and Lewis boy we have a lot of crap in our secondary. Bash Quincy all you want but he is better than any of the players I just named.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 18, 2012, 12:17:26 AM

There is no way Dequan Bowers will be there in the 2nd.

No way.
Dequan Bowers is still available, DaQuan Bowers though was drafted last year in the second round by us.

#36 : April 18, 2012, 12:38:30 AM

Please don't ever mention big named player and Cody Grimm in the same sentence. While Grimm is a decent special teams player the fact he starts for this team shows how there is absolutely no talent at Safety on this team. All of our Safeties suck, Black, Asante, Grimm, Holland are the worst in the NFL. Then when you add in Biggers and Lewis boy we have a lot of crap in our secondary. Bash Quincy all you want but he is better than any of the players I just named.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 18, 2012, 12:40:46 AM

I feel like we've been here before--have we been here before?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

KCBuc

Starter

#38 : April 18, 2012, 12:43:33 AM

No way.
Dequan Bowers is still available, DaQuan Bowers though was drafted last year in the second round by us.

Um...Dumbazz...that's his point.

He's being sarcastic. Google it if you don't know what sarcasm is.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 18, 2012, 12:47:09 AM

Well the last two years Price and Bowers were guys I wasn't expecting to see around by our pick. Hopefully three years in a row we see that.
Hope so!

KCBuc

Starter

#40 : April 18, 2012, 12:54:39 AM

So, according to Ronde, the biggest problem with the secondary last year was guys not being disciplined and doing whatever they wanted on the field. Unless he was specifically talking about Jackson, those players unfortunately still remain.

Guys who quit on their team and their coaches will never be anything more than complete pieces of "S" no matter what kind of coaches come in, they'll always do what they want and quit when the going gets rough. It's going to take a while to long time out all of the dead weight on this team (especially if the GM only sees the talent and not the mental make-up of the player).

Attitude is just as important as talent in the NFL...

-ts

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 18, 2012, 12:57:24 AM

No way.

Haha... Irony.

Reread and re-comprehend.

KCBuc

Starter

#42 : April 18, 2012, 01:03:01 AM

No way.

Haha... Irony.

Reread and re-comprehend.

Yeah no spit. I know about the spelling error by the initial poster. It was still a good point.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#43 : April 18, 2012, 06:00:43 AM

and they said Mason Foster was on the spotlight!  I'm sure the new coaching staff would like to see what they can see of Quincy.

We brought in players; but, well, maybe we should wait a day or two; but, I don't see any signings . . . ;

Special Edition - GN\'R Slash stole show at Michael Jackson\'s MTV Award performance HD Quality,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybp5N4oP1Zs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 18, 2012, 07:53:06 AM

So, according to Ronde, the biggest problem with the secondary last year was guys not being disciplined and doing whatever they wanted on the field. Unless he was specifically talking about Jackson, those players unfortunately still remain.

Talib will be gone, Jackson is gone, Sean Jones is gone. Grimm was hurt, so he wasn't talking about him. Eric Wright wasn't here. He certainly wasn't talking about himself. So those players really aren't still here. Our secondary will likely look entirely different than it did last year.
: April 18, 2012, 08:05:02 AM JDouble

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's QUICK OBSERVATIONS FROM MINI-CAMP TODAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools