Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow! Spoke with someone about Morris today! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Runole

Hall of Famer
: April 17, 2012, 03:41:52 PM

The guy talked about how handicapped Morris was as a head coach and stated that  the entire coaching staff chosen was by Dominik.

Had never heard that before but it certainly does make sense!       Just another reason why the cheering for Dominik needs to stop.

Thank God!  Schiano is making the decisions on the new coaching staff!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 17, 2012, 03:43:01 PM

Dominik should stick to roster moves only. He never seemed like a staff evaluator.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 17, 2012, 03:55:45 PM

not a surprising thread considering your past issues with dominik.  does this mean that Morris did not want to be DC?  odd to me that dominik forced a staff on Morris but allowed Schiano complete autonomy. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 17, 2012, 03:59:05 PM

Yea maybe they didnt trust Morris putting it together. He was after all just a DB coach before getting the DC/HC promotion. My conspiracy is that I think Morris was a cheap option for a few years while the Glazers healed financially. The team was going nowhere with Gruden and the roster needed to be blown up. Put a cheap option at HC and build through the draft then see how it works out. Obviously didnt work out and then when things started to get better for the Glazers and the Bucs were in need of a change they made it happen. I know lots of holes in that conspiracy but I like to think thats how it happened.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : April 17, 2012, 03:59:19 PM

Had never heard that before but it certainly does make sense!       

Where have you been for the last three years? In a cave away from newspapers, internet, TV? I'm surprised any Buc fan didn't realize this -

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 17, 2012, 03:59:57 PM

The guy talked about how handicapped Morris was as a head coach and stated that  the entire coaching staff chosen was by Dominik.

Had never heard that before but it certainly does make sense!       Just another reason why the cheering for Dominik needs to stop.

oooh not "someone" because you know when "someone" speaks everyone listens. . .  is this thread serious?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : April 17, 2012, 04:03:05 PM

this "someone" probably was his cable guy.....although Joe Bucs Fan.com just posted an article on the very subject, so his "inside information" probably comes from that source.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 17, 2012, 04:04:07 PM

this "someone" probably was his cable guy.....although Joe Bucs Fan.com just posted an article on the very subject, so his "inside information" probably comes from that source.

lol, nice

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 17, 2012, 04:04:32 PM

odd to me that dominik forced a staff on Morris but allowed Schiano complete autonomy.

Odd? If this were correct (who knows), under this hypothetical it seems reasonable to believe that Dom was not given the liberty to assemble another staff after the first had failed. 

Interesting discussion, but it cannot be validated for now. "Just for fun" stuff

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 17, 2012, 04:10:57 PM

"mah sources"?

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 17, 2012, 04:15:22 PM

hahaha, really? Did we forget Jags and Bates who were already known to be forced on Rah......hence their firings when things werent looking good.

It was already proven and shown. Now 3-4 years later its some new info?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 17, 2012, 04:16:25 PM

Odd? If this were correct (who knows), under this hypothetical it seems reasonable to believe that Dom was not given the liberty to assemble another staff after the first had failed. 

i believe similar to what bucballa does.  the team wanted to rebuild from scratch and needed a coach that was looking for a shot.  if the bright young guy works out, great.  if not, it was a rebuilding process.  i dont think its unreasonable to believe that dominik had a much stronger hand in assembling morris' staff vs. schianos staff considering their resumes.  but i also dont believe that morris was handicapped by his staff.  he was handicapped because he took a rebuilding job...and he wasnt ready for the bright lights.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 17, 2012, 04:26:35 PM

i believe similar to what bucballa does.  the team wanted to rebuild from scratch and needed a coach that was looking for a shot.  if the bright young guy works out, great.  if not, it was a rebuilding process.  i dont think its unreasonable to believe that dominik had a much stronger hand in assembling morris' staff vs. schianos staff considering their resumes.  but i also dont believe that morris was handicapped by his staff.  he was handicapped because he took a rebuilding job...and he wasnt ready for the bright lights.
'

I don't know that anyone "knows".. Any outsider anyways. As fans their are a couple of things that cannot be hidden. Salary, player quality and depth (all to a degree), and organizational cohesion, in terms of how things pan out. I don't think bright lights bother Morris. I agree that was handicapped in reality that he was taking on a rebuilding effort. I'd ad that the effort to rebuild around him was less than ambitious (to put it nicely).

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

freddy

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 17, 2012, 04:26:41 PM

And who is this somone?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 17, 2012, 04:28:28 PM

Tell us who the "someone" is. It's not like you're a reporter who needs to protect his sources...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow! Spoke with someone about Morris today! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools