Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow! Spoke with someone about Morris today! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

sandogbuc

Second String

#15 : April 17, 2012, 04:29:19 PM

I was fan of Raheem but what's done is done so why are we still discussing Raheem Morris? I shed no tears for someone who got millions of dollars to be a head coach. Raheem talked a big game before the 2011 season and his team went to London and quit on him for the rest of the season. So despite what MD may or may not have done with assembling the coaching staff, it was an opportunity Morris accepted, time to move on.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 17, 2012, 04:33:02 PM

We've moved on, and yeah- the topic is spiraling.

Not that all unidentified sources are false, but mostly that's the case.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 17, 2012, 04:36:22 PM

Why exactly would one think Schiano's staff is so much better than Morris? Morris had many coaches who had success in the NFL while Schiano has largely hired college coaches and pro coaches who got fired from their previous positions in short order.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 17, 2012, 04:48:23 PM

not a surprising thread considering your past issues with dominik.  does this mean that Morris did not want to be DC?  odd to me that dominik forced a staff on Morris but allowed Schiano complete autonomy.

Not odd at all..  Shiano has been a successful  head coach for many years  while Morris came in as a well thought of DB coach that was actually only in line for a DC job and was astonishingly made into a head coach!   I remember how shocked Morris was when he was given the job.  It was all down hill after that.

The less Dominik is involved with the Bucs the better IMO...   Sorry, if that hurts the feeling of those cheering for the guy. I just hope he just writes the checks and someone keeps him from putting the Bucs in Cap hell again.

I give Morris all the praise imaginable for picking Josh Freeman with the 17th pick in the draft.

As to Dominik I guess he gets a bit of praise for following the KIper, McShay, Mayock, and Combine grades though I still think it was stupid to trade a 5th round pick to move up to get Benn 2 places earlier, and as predicted by me his 3rd round pick of Myron Lewis was a panic pick and has proven to be another poor selection.

As to grabbing Blount of the Tennessee waiver wire... Hey sometimes a Blind Sow stumbles on an acorn.. his other non drafted free agents have been total busts! from what I have seen. Oh wait !  He did get Parker...  So that one still looks good.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 17, 2012, 04:52:10 PM

Had never heard that before but it certainly does make sense!       

Where have you been for the last three years? In a cave away from newspapers, internet, TV? I'm surprised any Buc fan didn't realize this -

Stay away from most newspapers as they are pretty much irrelevant today.   Perhaps if you would be so kind to point me to an article stating that Dominik was in charge of selecting the entire staff... OR is this again something you are just making up? Any link will do!    Pardon me if I don't hold my breath! LOL

Runole

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 17, 2012, 04:54:15 PM

Why exactly would one think Schiano's staff is so much better than Morris? Morris had many coaches who had success in the NFL while Schiano has largely hired college coaches and pro coaches who got fired from their previous positions in short order.

Valid point...  I have to admit though I have loved what the Bucs have done in Free agency.    Couldn't ever say that with the previous regime.

Will never forget giving Clayton and Black those huge contracts!  UGH!

graypilgrim

Starter

#21 : April 17, 2012, 05:00:44 PM

The guy talked about how handicapped Morris was as a head coach and stated that  the entire coaching staff chosen was by Dominik.

Had never heard that before but it certainly does make sense!       Just another reason why the cheering for Dominik needs to stop.

Thank God!  Schiano is making the decisions on the new coaching staff!!

Do you believe everything someone tells you or are you being selective?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 17, 2012, 05:03:28 PM

The guy talked about how handicapped Morris was as a head coach and stated that  the entire coaching staff chosen was by Dominik.

Had never heard that before but it certainly does make sense!       Just another reason why the cheering for Dominik needs to stop.

Nope   However it certainly makes perfect sense.  Disagree?  Please explain...

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 17, 2012, 05:03:56 PM

Runole was talking to himself.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 17, 2012, 05:07:18 PM

about that breathalyzer test .....

graypilgrim

Starter

#25 : April 17, 2012, 05:08:48 PM

Nope   However it certainly makes perfect sense.  Disagree?  Please explain...

I am wasting my time here, but it is a rainy afternoon so what the heck. You talked to "someone" - who is the source with such solid "makes sense" information. Was this a top level OBP employee or a chum on a bar stool? Rumors, rumors and innuendo, "makes sense"  information of today. God help us all.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 17, 2012, 05:14:03 PM

You could pretty much shut the naysayers in this thread down by disclosing the job function of your source....

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#27 : April 17, 2012, 05:16:05 PM

and please don't post deepthroat DTG who happens to be OBP's janitor

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 17, 2012, 05:17:54 PM

I thought it was common knowledge that the powers that be at OBP picked the OC and DC for Morris.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#29 : April 17, 2012, 05:20:29 PM

I thought it was common knowledge that the powers that be at OBP picked the OC and DC for Morris.

It was. Evidently OP hasn't been paying attention.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow! Spoke with someone about Morris today! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools