Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ONCE AGAIN the boards crash... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : April 22, 2012, 02:46:58 PM

That is a questions for AAR Tech Solutions.  Scott and Mark are beat writers not web guys.  I think AAR Tech promised more than they've been able to deliver and with the financial commitment that they've already given, its nearly impossible to turn back now.

since Scott is the big dog at PR, maybe reading it here might prompt him to do something about the problem.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 22, 2012, 03:04:17 PM

I highly doubt it. the old boards hardly ever crashed. The problem is a bandwidth overload on their servers. Which they pay to have...It's been like this for a while now and frankly I'm just tired of it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 22, 2012, 03:21:42 PM

Seems like PR could have grounds to take legal action if they didn't get what was promised. I doubt I am the only one that hasn't resubscribed. That's directly causing financial loss for PR due to AAR's short comings.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 22, 2012, 03:47:19 PM

Seems like PR could have grounds to take legal action if they didn't get what was promised. I doubt I am the only one that hasn't resubscribed. That's directly causing financial loss for PR due to AAR's short comings.

Same here.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 22, 2012, 03:59:16 PM

I am thinking about not renewing even though it's so cheap. I miss paying $30 for a high quality magazine subscription... The mag was Awesome!

PR has made several mistakes in the last 3 years

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 22, 2012, 04:13:53 PM

Yeah. Cancelling the paper mag was a mistake. That was without a doubt the best part of PR.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 22, 2012, 04:48:15 PM

Re: Boards....I can't believe the boards crashed the night the schedule came out. Was there that much of a mad rush to the site to find out what order the team would play the teams we all knew they were going to play? I can see draft or free agency traffic but the schedule? That's bizarre.

Re: Subscription...My insider recently expired and I don't find the insider board and/or information is any more of a value than what he red board provides. In addition, I haven't liked the way PR has responded to certain issues/situations over the past year or so. So I haven't renewed.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 22, 2012, 04:51:53 PM

Re: Subscription...My insider recently expired and I don't find the insider board and/or information is any more of a value than what he red board provides. In addition, I haven't liked the way PR has responded to certain issues/situations over the past year or so. So I haven't renewed.

They're probably glad you got that off your chest

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#23 : April 22, 2012, 05:19:47 PM

Re: Boards....I can't believe the boards crashed the night the schedule came out. Was there that much of a mad rush to the site to find out what order the team would play the teams we all knew they were going to play? I can see draft or free agency traffic but the schedule? That's bizarre.

^^^^ This

I use to be a big defender of PR, but their financial status has led to some major changes for the worse and dwindling low cost subscriptions can't be helping.  This is a classic case of a business who seems to have forgotten to ask their clients what they wanted and just told them what was best.  Sad.  I've been a subscriber since the old paper days and really think the moment they went to the mag, things started to change.  The mag was high quality, but so outdated in content.  Seems like it took all their resources to produce it and subscriptions didn't keep pace.  The digital mag was a great idea, but it was clunky and didn't do anything for the low tech crowd.  For many of us, this has been our primary and trusted insider source for a very long time.  Now I just pop in for the red board scoops and never even read the articles.  It's been so long I don't even know if I still have a subscription. 

I'm sure PR isn't happy either but getting back on track would take a wholesale change and new organizational stance on many topics.  I can see a future for PR that is bright, but I'm not sure they can anymore.  There were several discussions about a new site if PR ever ended so we could keep our core group together and offer a different, more user friendly back-end and reliable bandwidth.  Everyone involved had their own specialties, but none were writers.  It has always been the PR insider access and great writing that has kept the concept alive.  I can't imagine a site without that.  Personally, I would prefer to give many of those concepts to PR at no cost, no strings, if they committed to a rebirth.  So much potential but discount level bandwidth, no scoops and limited articles just aren't getting it done.  I sincerely hope things get better.  Good luck PR!

[Add witty one liner here]

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 22, 2012, 05:25:44 PM

^^^^ This

I use to be a big defender of PR, but their financial status has led to some major changes for the worse and dwindling low cost subscriptions can't be helping.  This is a classic case of a business who seems to have forgotten to ask their clients what they wanted and just told them what was best.  Sad.  I've been a subscriber since the old paper days and really think the moment they went to the mag, things started to change.  The mag was high quality, but so outdated in content.  Seems like it took all their resources to produce it and subscriptions didn't keep pace.  The digital mag was a great idea, but it was clunky and didn't do anything for the low tech crowd.  For many of us, this has been our primary and trusted insider source for a very long time.  Now I just pop in for the red board scoops and never even read the articles.  It's been so long I don't even know if I still have a subscription. 

I'm sure PR isn't happy either but getting back on track would take a wholesale change and new organizational stance on many topics.  I can see a future for PR that is bright, but I'm not sure they can anymore.  There were several discussions about a new site if PR ever ended so we could keep our core group together and offer a different, more user friendly back-end and reliable bandwidth.  Everyone involved had their own specialties, but none were writers.  It has always been the PR insider access and great writing that has kept the concept alive.  I can't imagine a site without that.  Personally, I would prefer to give many of those concepts to PR at no cost, no strings, if they committed to a rebirth.  So much potential but discount level bandwidth, no scoops and limited articles just aren't getting it done.  I sincerely hope things get better.  Good luck PR!

Wholeheartedly agree man...

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 22, 2012, 05:38:47 PM

I highly doubt it. the old boards hardly ever crashed. The problem is a bandwidth overload on their servers. Which they pay to have...It's been like this for a while now and frankly I'm just tired of it.

biz,
For someone who has been here since almost the beginning, I can tell you the old boards crashed just as much as the new ones.

Was just as annoying now as it was then.

I can guarantee you PR is just as pissed as we are.

The answer, I don't have a clue.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 22, 2012, 05:56:04 PM

I've been on these boards for quite a few years now...Right around the time Gruden was hired as head coach, maybe a year or two before that. I don't recall exactly. But from what I have witnessed in my time here from then til' now is a serious decline in the stability of the boards when anything remotely newsworthy comes out. Honestly I'm surprised it didn't shut down when the new jersey's were released as well. I understand you're going to have a few hiccups here and there when dealing with server bandwidth, but this is getting out of hand. You can't even come here to see the boards reactions to certain things like who we took in the first round of such and such draft, or who the big name guy we signed in FA was. Now don't get me wrong, I can get this "information" from other media outlets IE twitter and FB and so on, but the fact remains, I pay to have the information readily available and to help PR with their product because I appreciate what they do so I shouldn't have to get it anywhere else. This should be mine and the rest of the communities one stop shop for Bucs news and information. And we can't get that when the boards crash over the release of the NFL schedule, or the first big rumor out of the first 5 minutes of FA.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 23, 2012, 06:16:24 AM

PR.com's Draft Preview Issue comes out today.

Can't wait.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 23, 2012, 06:48:59 AM

You didn't resubscribe due to the poor performance of web site speed, yet you still post here?    Seems to me like you are talking out of your butt.   The reason to subscribe is to read the articles and download the online magazines.   That has nothing to do with the times when the site is overwhelmed with users.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 23, 2012, 07:45:06 AM

Where is PR in this thread?!!   I dont think I'll even
Bother on draft day to come here...   waste of time.  Threads wont open...blah

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ONCE AGAIN the boards crash... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools