Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent. .....It has to be Trent Richardson..... Doesn't it? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 17, 2012, 01:09:21 PM

It doesn't HAVE to be anyone. I'd be very happy with either Richardson or Claiborne. But, if it HAD to be someone it would not be Richardson, it would be Claiborne. You can find good backs later in the draft, it happens all the time. Plus, we have a very good o-line so I think RB's are going to have an easier time producing good numbers here. Our defense was the 7th worst in NFL history last year. Adding Claiborne would be a big step in fixing the defense.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#16 : April 17, 2012, 01:09:59 PM

TR- with Nicks and Jackson our offense becomes a force. Every time I watch him on tape I'm more impressed. I'll be happy if we get Claiborne, but I'll be really excited if we get Richardson.

The impact of a RB is more immediate and obvious, even to the casual fan. That is something that generates interest and fills the stadium. This franchise needs to sell tickets. Richardson will do that. Claiborne won't. For the long haul, I would take Kalil over Claiborne. Richardson may just be one player but he fills a vital need on a unit with few holes. There are so many holes on defense. One CB can't make that much of a difference.

The trouble is, next years draft the Bucs may not be in position to get a premier CB.

Not only that but I think people are sleepin on the fact that Barber and Talib most likely won't be here next year. There's also a chance the two don't work out this year. Talib could be suspended and Barber is on his last legs. We may have to play with Biggers and Wright this year. Scary thought.

I feel certain the Bucs won't be in a position to get ANY premier player in next year's draft. They can spend the 2nd and 3rd round picks on CBs, and the rest on LBs and Ss. I really don't care. The strength of this team right now is the offense. The one GLARING weakness is at RB. We have a possible shot at making a team weakness into a team strength and guarantee we will have him for a minimum of 4 years. You can't pass that up.
If Blount is a "GLARING weakness",  I would love to know how you describe our LB corps. Or what our secondary looks like without Talib. Or what you call a pass defense that gave up 30 TDs last year.

This pick needs to be Morris Claiborne. And it's pathetic how simple of a decision that really is. And far more pathetic is how many people want to ignore it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 17, 2012, 01:16:56 PM

As Beetles said before...hard for the BUcs to screw this up.

Oh wait...I said that first.

I may have said it first Boid.

;)   lol
I think I said it before anyone else. Ever.
:P

This pyramid is epic!

I SAID IT FIRST!! ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 17, 2012, 01:18:13 PM

TR- with Nicks and Jackson our offense becomes a force. Every time I watch him on tape I'm more impressed. I'll be happy if we get Claiborne, but I'll be really excited if we get Richardson.

The impact of a RB is more immediate and obvious, even to the casual fan. That is something that generates interest and fills the stadium. This franchise needs to sell tickets. Richardson will do that. Claiborne won't. For the long haul, I would take Kalil over Claiborne. Richardson may just be one player but he fills a vital need on a unit with few holes. There are so many holes on defense. One CB can't make that much of a difference.

The trouble is, next years draft the Bucs may not be in position to get a premier CB.

Not only that but I think people are sleepin on the fact that Barber and Talib most likely won't be here next year. There's also a chance the two don't work out this year. Talib could be suspended and Barber is on his last legs. We may have to play with Biggers and Wright this year. Scary thought.

I feel certain the Bucs won't be in a position to get ANY premier player in next year's draft. They can spend the 2nd and 3rd round picks on CBs, and the rest on LBs and Ss. I really don't care. The strength of this team right now is the offense. The one GLARING weakness is at RB. We have a possible shot at making a team weakness into a team strength and guarantee we will have him for a minimum of 4 years. You can't pass that up.
If Blount is a "GLARING weakness",  I would love to know how you describe our LB corps. Or what our secondary looks like without Talib. Or what you call a pass defense that gave up 30 TDs last year.

This pick needs to be Morris Claiborne. And it's pathetic how simple of a decision that really is. And far more pathetic is how many people want to ignore it.
Gracias.

They wont be ignoring it when the BUcs are getting their collective arsses handed to them on a silver platter...

What good is a RB when you are trailing by three scores?  They are about useless at that point.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 17, 2012, 01:26:40 PM

Gracias.

They wont be ignoring it when the BUcs are getting their collective arsses handed to them on a silver platter...

What good is a RB when you are trailing by three scores?  They are about useless at that point.
It really boggles my mind. We are a sneeze away from Talib being suspended for the year. At which point, we won't have a starting CB OR a starting Will.

And people want to spend the 5th overall pick to supplant a 25 year old with a career ypc of 4.6. And now that 25 year old gets to run behind an All Pro new addition?

Come the **CENSORED** on.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 17, 2012, 01:40:34 PM

^Winner winner chicken dinner!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 17, 2012, 02:31:24 PM

Claiborne defended behind a very pressuring LSU secondary. He might not get that here and will be responsible for shutting guys down for a longer period of time. That is more risky.

Richardson will be running behind a better offensive line than he had in alabama while having done well agaisnt LSU lines. I know I am mixing college and pros here, but Claiborne hasnt been tested and is more of a risk pick to me.

In addition, if your going to pay big dollar, you pay the guy who will handle the ball more or be responsible for defending more plays per game. A teams #1 receiver will see the ball thrown his way, my guess, lets say 10 times a game. He catches 6. A RB will , in this offense touch the ball 20+ and have an important responsibility 15 more plays, blocking or being a receiving threat.

If your going to pay big money, dont try to fortell the future with how good the guy might be or how long he will be around, pay for plays.

TR, its a no brainer.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^and RB IS A GLARING WEAKNESS. Blount can run, but he can't block or hang on to the ball. He's no help in the passing game, and there's no depth behind him. Richardson is a complete back who makes Freeman more effective. Fix the RB position with an impact player and the Bucs are competitive. Claiborne can't do the same for the defense. That's why I say spend the rest of the draft on defense. We need a guy who doesn't fumble. We need a guy who can pass protect. We need a guy who can run the ball when Blount is injured or playing for some else. Richardson will make an immediate difference and fill the stands. Claiborne would not.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 17, 2012, 02:39:12 PM

Blount can run, but he can't block or hang on to the ball. He's no help in the passing game, and there's no depth behind him.
So what you're saying is that the Bucs need a third down back.  Why do we need to spend the 5th overall pick in the draft to fill that need?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 17, 2012, 02:53:48 PM

Gracias.

It really boggles my mind. We are a sneeze away from Talib being suspended for the year. At which point, we won't have a starting CB OR a starting Will.

And people want to spend the 5th overall pick to supplant a 25 year old with a career ypc of 4.6. And now that 25 year old gets to run behind an All Pro new addition?

Come the **CENSORED** on.

I think the reason people forget about Blount is because we were getting our asses handed to us and that made Blount sit on the sidelines. Our corners and LBs were getting beat so bad that the score would get out of hand causing Blount to be a spectator. The defense really needs attention or its that all over again.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 17, 2012, 06:05:28 PM

Blount can run, but he can't block or hang on to the ball. He's no help in the passing game, and there's no depth behind him.
So what you're saying is that the Bucs need a third down back.  Why do we need to spend the 5th overall pick in the draft to fill that need?

No, what I'm saying is we need a back who can do it all. If we lose Blount to injury, we are screwed. We have nobody. Madu is not an every down back and we won't be in a position to draft someone who is. Contrary to popular belief, complete backs don't grow on trees. Richardson fumbled the ball ONCE in his freshman year. That was the last time he did it in his college career. We need that from our backs, and we already know that's not Blount. I'm tired of mediocre RBs. We won't get a chance to draft a back this good any time soon. If he falls to us, we have to take him.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 17, 2012, 06:15:05 PM

If Josh Freeman goes down, we're screwed. Better take a QB

If Carl Nicks goes down, we're screwed. Better take a G

If Donald Penn goes down, we're screwed. Better take a LT

If Aqib Talib goes down to jail, we're screwed. Better take Claiborne.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 17, 2012, 06:34:19 PM

We have to trade up or we're screwed.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 17, 2012, 06:41:24 PM

we won't be in a position to draft someone who is.

Yea we will. Doug Martin should be there in the 2nd round. May not be the complete stud that Richardson is, but he is still a very good back and can do everything.

Was actually just on Twitter and saw this tweet from Schefter:

@AdamSchefter Close
Spot on. RT @dpbrugler: While T. Richardson is class of RB class, don't underestimate NFL impact D. Martin & D. Wilson can make as rookies.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 17, 2012, 06:59:18 PM

We have to trade up or we're screwed.
No way. See how many needs we have if someone goes down? Gotta trade down and shore up these weaknesses!

Bone

Rookie

#29 : April 17, 2012, 07:42:55 PM

Gracias.

LGB is useless if you are down by 3 scores- TRich would not be.  Blount is a good runner but very one dimensional.  He is useless on passing downs and what's worse is that other teams know that.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent. .....It has to be Trent Richardson..... Doesn't it? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools