Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After watching a bunch of Kuechly footage and interviews.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

: April 17, 2012, 10:08:01 PM

I've changed my mind on him, he's the real deal. I bet he ends up being one of the best LB's in the league off his work ethic and determination alone. He's a hell of a lot more athletic than you would ever think just looking at him too. I have an eery feeling that he's going to be the Bucs pick whether it's at 5 or a trade back. If you've watched enough of his videos and interviews, the guy seems like he could be Schiano's son. Supposebly Schiano is really enamored with a certain LB in this draft, and at first I was thinking it was Hightower because he would bring the physicality that isn't there in our front 7. But now I really think Kuechly has been our guy on the low all along. If we're building a team that is going to look like a "Schiano team" then there would be no better player to bring in to be the face of the defense than this guy. A "Schiano team" doesn't have guys scoring 4's on the Wonderlic and not being the leader of their team being the first draft pick of it's era. There's only two players that could change the culture of the offense or defense on this team....those are Richardson and Kuechly. I really do pray that one of these two are the guy we get with our first pick.

gone

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 17, 2012, 10:11:38 PM

Been sayin', Kuechly looks custom fit for us right now.

NittanyBuc

Starter

#2 : April 17, 2012, 10:13:00 PM

I'd be beyond pissed if we took Kuechly at 5, let alone at all

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : April 17, 2012, 10:16:58 PM

I would love for the Bucs to take Kuechly.   I don't care if it's at #5 or if they trade down.  Kuechly is the guy they should take.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 17, 2012, 10:18:50 PM

He is massively underrated. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 17, 2012, 10:25:57 PM

Let me start off by saying this.....**CENSORED** pre-draft rankings...**CENSORED** where mocks have guys going...**CENSORED** value of certain positions...

Luke Kuechly vs. Morris Claiborne @ #5.

Weakest defensive position of 2009. 2010. 2011.....Linebacker.

Which player can come in and be the captain of a defense and bring a physical presence...Kuechly.

IMO...Kuuechly gives this team more value in 2012 and beyond...I dont give a rats ass if its a reach...if he turns out to be as good as it seems he will be....not one will question it a year from now.

The dropoff from Claiborne to say Boykin is a hell of a lot less that that of Kuechly to Kendricks..especially considering what 1st and 2nd year CBs accomplish..

As far as keeping Foster at MLB...yes he does have a bit of experience...but the whole defense is starting over...so Kuechly wont be much further behind...and to finally have a LB with instincts...I would be ecstatic...
: April 17, 2012, 10:43:15 PM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 17, 2012, 10:29:24 PM

I would love for the Bucs to take Kuechly.   I don't care if it's at #5 or if they trade down.  Kuechly is the guy they should take.

I wouldn't be upset if he was the pick at 5. I think most people will agree he should be the target if we trade down. I also think a lot of people lose sight of the fact that it takes 2 to tango. Do you let "your guy" go just because Mel Kiper says so? If no one wants to trade with you do you still take him even if it's 3 spots "too high".

1 - Kuechly
2 - Martin
3 - Hosley/Dennard
5 - OLB
6 - Backup QB
7 - Developmental RT

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#7 : April 17, 2012, 10:31:05 PM

And why's that? Looks like your a Penn State fan from your SN, so maybe that has something to do with it. But right now there is ZERO leadership within the LB group, and only one of the guys should even be close to being a starter as of right now. People are really underestimating the fact that unless Claiborne is the next Revis and completes takes away the other team's best receiver than he will have a very limited impact on the defense. Revis and sometimes Nnamdi are the only guys in the LEAGUE that do that (Champ Bailey used to as well), I don't think Claiborne is going to be joining that group now or anytime soon for that matter. Joe Haden is the best corner to be drafted in a while and TJ Ward is one of the best young safetys in the whole league, and the Browns are still picking ahead of us in the draft.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 17, 2012, 10:50:36 PM

All that video of Kuechly in pass coverage is making a lot of people think he's Ruud II with all his downfield tackles. DEFINITELY NOT; he's a way better athlete with better intensity on the field. A solid MLB will help us a lot more in the run game than any CB, and Kuechly's coverage skills are exceptional for a LB. Unless Kalil is there, gotta go with Kuechly. I wouldn't take a RB or a CB at #5.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 17, 2012, 10:53:04 PM

I'd take Kuechly or Hightower if we trade down.

If we can pickup AT LEAST an additional 2nd in the process, we can fill both RB & CB with some very decent talent.

NittanyBuc

Starter

#10 : April 17, 2012, 10:56:56 PM

And why's that? Looks like your a Penn State fan from your SN, so maybe that has something to do with it. But right now there is ZERO leadership within the LB group, and only one of the guys should even be close to being a starter as of right now. People are really underestimating the fact that unless Claiborne is the next Revis and completes takes away the other team's best receiver than he will have a very limited impact on the defense. Revis and sometimes Nnamdi are the only guys in the LEAGUE that do that (Champ Bailey used to as well), I don't think Claiborne is going to be joining that group now or anytime soon for that matter. Joe Haden is the best corner to be drafted in a while and TJ Ward is one of the best young safetys in the whole league, and the Browns are still picking ahead of us in the draft.
I've never been high on Kuechly. I think he has the intangibles, but I don't think he's physical enough to succeed at the next level, ie. I've never really seen him explode through a tackle. As I said in another thread, I watched him play live when BC was at UCF. I keyed in on him for more than a few plays. He makes great reads, takes good angles, etc. All the fundamentals are sound, however, I just didn't see the nastiness I like to see out of a MLB, but maybe that's just because I'm old school. Also, UCF ran for 235 yards that game. Safe to say that Kuechly was invisible.

My father played at PSU, so I was taught that old school, punch-you-in-the-mouth playstyle since I first started playing when I was very little. I don't see that mentality or instinct in Kuechly and perhaps that's why I don't favor him as much as some others do.

To each his own at this point.

IF we were to take Kuechly, we should trade down. It's foolish to reach for a guy that will be there multiple spots later. Trade down, accumulate more picks, and get fair value for a guy. With that said, I'd take Trent Richardson, Mo Claiborne, or Matt Kalil before Kuechly and we're guaranteed one of those 3 at the 5 spot.

snicker24

Starter
#11 : April 17, 2012, 11:01:46 PM

If the Bucs really had Kuechly rated higher than Claiborne then why not trade down for cheap. You need two to tango but you just keep lowering your price until you get a taker. The Bucs could trade down from 5 to say 10 or so for a third round pick or even a fourth if need be and then pick their guy.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 17, 2012, 11:07:55 PM

Would you guys take both of the Bills 4th rd picks 105 and 124 and Leodis McKelvin to drop from 5th to 10th or would you ask for alot more?

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#13 : April 17, 2012, 11:10:31 PM

I've never been high on Kuechly. I think he has the intangibles, but I don't think he's physical enough to succeed at the next level, ie. I've never really seen him explode through a tackle. As I said in another thread, I watched him play live when BC was at UCF. I keyed in on him for more than a few plays. He makes great reads, takes good angles, etc. All the fundamentals are sound, however, I just didn't see the nastiness I like to see out of a MLB, but maybe that's just because I'm old school. Also, UCF ran for 235 yards that game. Safe to say that Kuechly was invisible.

My father played at PSU, so I was taught that old school, punch-you-in-the-mouth playstyle since I first started playing when I was very little. I don't see that mentality or instinct in Kuechly and perhaps that's why I don't favor him as much as some others do.

IF we were to take Kuechly, we should trade down. It's foolish to reach for a guy that will be there multiple spots later. Trade down, accumulate more picks, and get fair value for a guy. With that said, I'd take Trent Richardson, Mo Claiborne, or Matt Kalil before Kuechly and we're guaranteed one of those 3 at the 5 spot.

Ha!  I was at that game too.  UCF tore them up 30-3.  To be fair, Kuechly did have 17 tackles that game and .5 TFL.  But yes, UCF tore them up on the ground.  And UCF was a mediocre C-USA team last year.

NittanyBuc

Starter

#14 : April 17, 2012, 11:13:33 PM

Ha!  I was at that game too.  UCF tore them up 30-3.  To be fair, Kuechly did have 17 tackles that game and .5 TFL.  But yes, UCF tore them up on the ground.  And UCF was a mediocre C-USA team last year.
Wow, didn't realize LK had that many tackles that game. I'm curious to know how many were solo and how many were him just jumping on piles because that seemed to be a common theme in some of his film.... Then again, when all of them are 6 and 7 yards beyond the LOS, doesn't really matter lol.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After watching a bunch of Kuechly footage and interviews.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools