Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After watching a bunch of Kuechly footage and interviews.... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#105 : April 21, 2012, 02:35:43 PM

Elite pass rusher doesnt have to apply to every linebacker.

IMO it does if you are spending a top 10 pick.

Draft Aaron Donald

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#106 : April 21, 2012, 02:41:56 PM

Why? Does every top 10 QB have to be a pocket passer? Every top 10 WR have to be a burner? Break the mold. If we redrafted, would you take Urlacker or Brooks top 10? I sure as hell would.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#107 : April 21, 2012, 02:47:32 PM

Brian Urlacher has 42 sacks. Ray Lewis has 40.  I'm pretty sure you can be the quarter back of the defense and still rush the passer.
Im pretty sure those 2 picked up more than half their sacks just by spying the qb or cleaning up on a play. i would say longevity too. Not because their tremendous pass rush skills

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#108 : April 21, 2012, 03:12:43 PM

FWIW, Roy Cummings thinks we'll pick Kuechly:

Roy Cummings‏@RCummingsTrib
After adding up all the factors, my gut is telling me the Bucs just may take BC LB Luke Kuechly with their first pick, fifth overall.

Damn! The drum for Kuechly is getting louder.

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#109 : April 21, 2012, 03:14:16 PM

After adding up all the factors, my gut is telling me the Bucs just may take BC LB Luke Kuechly with their first pick, fifth overall.

It is, but I'd hope we'd at least explore a trade down before making him the pick at 5 if TR and Mo are gone.  Kalil would be there at 5 and would warrant someone wanting to trade up I'm sure. 

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#110 : April 21, 2012, 03:20:17 PM

It is, but I'd hope we'd at least explore a trade down before making him the pick at 5 if TR and Mo are gone.  Kalil would be there at 5 and would warrant someone wanting to trade up I'm sure.

Agreed

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#111 : April 21, 2012, 03:30:32 PM

The more I think about it, the more I want Kuechly. Even if WR don't trade down. LB is by far the weakest position on this team and this CB class is fairly deep.
1 - Luke Kuechly, MLB Boaton College
2 - Lavonte David, OLB Nebraska
3 - Jayron Hosley, CB Virginia Tech
5 - Tauren Poole, RB Tennessee
6 - Chris Rainey, RB Florida
7 - Josh Oglesby, OT Wisconsin

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#112 : April 21, 2012, 04:45:29 PM

I disagree. When you have spent 4 premium 1st and 2nd round draft picks in the last two drafts on supposed "elite pass rushers" but you still can't even remotely stop the run, I would much rather find a MLB who is a sure tackler, can shed blocks and is decent in pass coverage.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#113 : April 21, 2012, 04:45:41 PM

The team is supposedly high on Leonard Johnson and he'll be there in the 3rd. If we end up with LK, Martin or Wilson and Johnson I would be amped!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#114 : April 21, 2012, 04:49:44 PM

The team is supposedly high on Leonard Johnson and he'll be there in the 3rd. If we end up with LK, Martin or Wilson and Johnson I would be amped!

I don't think he's a starting CB.  More like a Nickel CB or FS

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#115 : April 21, 2012, 04:53:17 PM

I'm starting to think get Kuechly is the right move at #5 and getting a corner in the second or third round. If we is your guy you just go get him regardless of what his value is in the draft. I was for Mo Cla but now I'm praying we get Kuechly

bucfanskiz

Starter
#116 : April 21, 2012, 05:28:23 PM

If Kuechly is the pick so be it.....first and foremost I am a Bucs fan.  Even though I think there is better value at 5 or 10 or even 15 I trust our new coaching staff will make the right pick.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After watching a bunch of Kuechly footage and interviews.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools