Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After watching a bunch of Kuechly footage and interviews.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Raheem33

Rookie
#30 : April 18, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

I too have gown fond of Kuechly after going through this whole process. He is smart , tough and more athletic than people want to give him credit for. He would be our Defensive leader for the next dozen years and would allow the Bucs to move Foster to WLB/ That being said I prefer the Bucs take Richardson or Claiborne with #5 or trade down pick up more picks  and take Kuechly.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 18, 2012, 11:03:32 AM

I would have loved to have been in the coaches meeting either last night or this morning, to hear what they are saying about this LB group after yesterday....

I bet that Schiano, Sheridan and Fraser are all walking around with a palm mark on their faces or a large red circle in the middle of their foreheads from banging their heads on the table.

Schiano probably ran in Dom's office this morning all sweaty and bags under his eyes pantingech-ly...we need Kuech-ly"

Hope he caught Dom this morning...I'm sure he had a tee time scheduled..
Considering no one was in pads yesterday, the lb's had to be going through their drills blindbolded for you to come to this conclusion.

Wasnt a "conclusion" as much as it was a satirical wonder if/ what if scenario...

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

#32 : April 18, 2012, 11:10:15 AM

as I've heard some say; Kuechi played on a bad team; that's what I see in the video provided above;

they said the same thing about Mason Foster; he's a tackling machine but always a wrap up tackler and not a blowem up type.

Maybe I'm just old school like nittany but I think you need a real ass kicker in the middle of your defense.

How many of them are there in the league currently?

Considering they don't come along too often, maybe every 5-10 years unless you get a find thumper that has a limited skill set & then you have to scheme around his weaknesses.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 18, 2012, 11:21:53 AM

Considering no one was in pads yesterday

This is where "the Cheetah" shines

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 18, 2012, 11:35:53 AM

As much as like Kuechly as a player, I simply can't grade him out as a top 5 selection. This pick is going to define the Schiano for years to come. Kuechly would be a reach IMO at #5. If the Bucs really want him then Dom better have a trade partner in his back pocket on draft day. I can't phathom a universe where the Bucs pass on either Kalil, Richardson, Claiborne or Blackmon in favor or Luke Kuechly.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 18, 2012, 11:49:13 AM

As much as like Kuechly as a player, I simply can't grade him out as a top 5 selection. This pick is going to define the Schiano for years to come. Kuechly would be a reach IMO at #5. If the Bucs really want him then Dom better have a trade partner in his back pocket on draft day. I can't phathom a universe where the Bucs pass on either Kalil, Richardson, Claiborne or Blackmon in favor or Luke Kuechly.

Seriously...why give  a **CENSORED** about if a guy is a "reach".

Its about getting the guy who offers the most value to the franchise.

Kuechly represents an immediate and lasting upgrade at a position that has been missing a solid and consistent player since 2002.

While Kalil, Richardson, Claiborne and Blackmon do bring in some talent/playmaking ability...only Kalil and TR represent a vast upgrade above what is currently on the roster at their respected positions...and both will most likely be gone.
: April 18, 2012, 11:55:56 AM chace1986

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 18, 2012, 11:50:52 AM

Kuechly is a Demeco Ryans clone.  I just don't see that as a top ten value pick IMO.  Yes Ryans has been to Pro Bowls, but so has Davin Joseph, and I don't think anyone would advocate drafting Joseph again in the top ten with a re-draft.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 18, 2012, 12:08:05 PM

Kuechly represents an immediate and lasting upgrade at a position that has been missing a solid and consistent player since 2002.

While Kalil, Richardson, Claiborne and Blackmon do bring in some talent/playmaking ability...only Kalil and TR represent a vast upgrade above what is currently on the roster at their respected positions...and both will most likely be gone.

So your telling me you would take Kuechly over Blackmon or Claiborne if Kalil and Richardson go 3-4?  Wow. Then it's a good thing your not a GM in the NFL. Or maybe you are Mr. Millen.

Claiborne is an immediate need with the possibility of going to camp with Wright and Biggers as our current starters at CB.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 18, 2012, 12:16:28 PM

So your telling me you would take Kuechly over Blackmon or Claiborne if Kalil and Richardson go 3-4?  Wow. Then it's a good thing your not a GM in the NFL. Or maybe you are Mr. Millen.

Claiborne is an immediate need with the possibility of going to camp with Wright and Biggers as our current starters at CB.

Yes, I am Matt Millen.

TBH...I dont think there will be much a of drop off in performance if we take Boykin in the second vs. Claiborne in the 1st. Im all for addressing the CB positions...its one of our top needs...

As far as immediate needs go...LB is a threat level red, holy **CENSORED**, were **CENSORED**ed if we dont address it, fu<k-balls lemonade NEED.

I would be fine with Blackmon or Claiborne..and in fact...I have made cases for taking them both...but I think a case is also there to take Kuechly as well...but if you dont think Kuechly is going to live up to the hype..then thats an understandable reason to not want him at #5.

NittanyBuc

Starter

#39 : April 18, 2012, 12:24:43 PM

Poor business move. You draft by both needs and value and Kuechly is not top 5 value. If you want him that bad, you trade down, get more picks, and take him at a more reasonable spot. Why blow your opportunity to get better talent at the 5 spot by taking a guy that's arguably top 10?

#40 : April 18, 2012, 01:08:22 PM

Not really.

These guys grade out a lot closer than most think.

And pay wise, not a concern with the rookie cap.

And that's exactly why Caoch Schiano can draft for need here because it will, as you say, "define the Schiano for years to come".

#41 : April 18, 2012, 01:13:05 PM

Poor business move. You draft by both needs and value and Kuechly is not top 5 value. If you want him that bad, you trade down, get more picks, and take him at a more reasonable spot. Why blow your opportunity to get better talent at the 5 spot by taking a guy that's arguably top 10?

If you can't trade back, Kuechly's still not a bad pick, see post above.

MoClai or Kuechly IMHO.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#42 : April 18, 2012, 01:15:05 PM

Not really.

And that's exactly why Coach Schiano can draft for need here because it will, as you say, "define the Schiano for years to come".

+1 Everyone keeps discounting that side of it when mentioning BPA. There are no more financial constraints with rookie contracts. So while I understand peoples reservations with Kuechly at #5 if he's the highest ranked player on their draft board they could take him at that pick.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 18, 2012, 01:15:35 PM

Not really.

And that's exactly why Caoch Schiano can draft for need here because it will, as you say, "define the Schiano for years to come".

I'm sort of with Mountain here. Kuechly not be quite in the non-QB top 4 group, but he's not far behind. And I'd argue his floor might be higher than all of those save Richardson.

#44 : April 18, 2012, 01:18:15 PM

Not really.

And I'll just add that since it will "define the Schiano for years to come" it's just another reason you don't draft TR or Blakcmon.

In order to get better as a team, you need to fill holes if it makes sense.

The team doesn't get better when you have high draft picks or current starters splitting time or riding the bench - fact.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After watching a bunch of Kuechly footage and interviews.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools