Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS MAKE TALIB AVAILABLE VIA TRADE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 18, 2012, 10:33:54 AM

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Atleast not before his trial is resolved. Even then it is a large stretch.

Look at what the Bears just did with Brandon Marshall. They traded for him knowing that the crap was gonna hit the fan with the New York night club assault deal, plus all the trouble he has been in over the years. Talib looks like a choir boy compared to Marshall's rap sheet.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 18, 2012, 10:34:28 AM

Here is further evidence how bad Allen and Gruden draft selection were. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 18, 2012, 10:44:08 AM

Good riddance

-ts

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 18, 2012, 10:48:43 AM

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Atleast not before his trial is resolved. Even then it is a large stretch.

Look at what the Bears just did with Brandon Marshall. They traded for him knowing that the crap was gonna hit the fan with the New York night club assault deal, plus all the trouble he has been in over the years. Talib looks like a choir boy compared to Marshall's rap sheet.
Totally different scenarios. Marshall's deal in the night club is absolutely nothing compared to what Talib is about to face. Not too mention his ties to Cutler and the fact that with Cutler he was one of the best WR's in the game really adds to his value. Talib has 0 pro bowls and has been in trouble every year since he has been in the league.

It's easy to justify trading for Brandon Marshall pre trial. It is almost impossible to justify trading for Talib.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 18, 2012, 10:52:25 AM

I wouldn't put it past Daniel Synder and Bruce Allen to offer up two 1st rounders. COME ON SKINS!!!!

Skins don't have anymore first rounders for a few years. Nice try though.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 18, 2012, 11:06:27 AM

I wouldn't put it past Daniel Synder and Bruce Allen to offer up two 1st rounders. COME ON SKINS!!!!

Skins don't have anymore first rounders for a few years. Nice try though.

Anyone who thinks I was being serious needs their head checked.

I really don't believe Talib has any value whatsoever pre-trial. If Dom gets a 6-7 rounder for Talib before the trial I'd take it and not look back.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 18, 2012, 11:10:19 AM

The Bucs have stuck with Talib for quite a while in this situation. I'm thinking Talib came forward to the Buccaneers about his intent to plead guilty, just speculation though.

smithcar

Starter

#37 : April 18, 2012, 11:12:30 AM

now lets hope Claiborne is still available at 5, he has to be the pick.  We will be lucky to get anything for Talib, at most a trade that gives picks for next year.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 18, 2012, 11:15:19 AM

In any case...if he is out of jail in a year or two...he will be playing Cowboys or Bengals.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 18, 2012, 11:18:09 AM

Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder should be knocking anyyyyy minute now...

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 18, 2012, 11:22:08 AM

Next up K2! Trueblood, don't unpack your bags.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 18, 2012, 11:23:35 AM

lol, no one is going to give up anything for a guy facing 5 years or so in prison.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

watson

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 18, 2012, 11:27:54 AM

Here is further evidence how bad Allen and Gruden draft selection were.
Unless my memory is totally gone...which it could be...this was a Monte/Rah pick.  IiRC, just like Gaines Adams, Moonte scouted him personally and lobbied for him during the draft.  Again, my memory is not what it used to be, but I'm pretty sure he was their choice.  Does not excuse them for the pick, but Monte had full control on defense.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#43 : April 18, 2012, 11:28:02 AM

Welp way to blow your hand that claiborne is the pick. I could care less if we traded talib or not, but you don't let this get out before the draft.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 18, 2012, 11:28:58 AM

My prediction on K2 is that he won't last training camp. His agent will call Dom, say his wheels arre bad, caan't make the club in the tub, wants out of town. I also believe, the first time Trueblood makes a stupid mistake, they will make ground meat out of the guy. He will either toe the line or also be on the next bus out of town. This year will be dedicated to instilling a new culture, sense of urgency, discipline and hard nose approach. All of the knuckleheads, prima donnas and a--holes will be gone, whether we get draft picks or not. JMHO!

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS MAKE TALIB AVAILABLE VIA TRADE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools