Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS MAKE TALIB AVAILABLE VIA TRADE « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#75 : April 18, 2012, 01:53:26 PM

The guy is a poor influence on the team, doesn't sell tickets, and is all-around bad person.....

get rid of him, imo.

If he's not suspended, what's the point of cutting him? We need CB help and he is a great talent, plus his contract ends next season.

Again - bad influence on the team, lousy human being, can't be counted on to stay out of trouble.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#76 : April 18, 2012, 02:05:48 PM

The guy is a poor influence on the team, doesn't sell tickets, and is all-around bad person.....

get rid of him, imo.

If he's not suspended, what's the point of cutting him? We need CB help and he is a great talent, plus his contract ends next season.

Again - bad influence on the team, lousy human being, can't be counted on to stay out of trouble.

If he is going to survie the trial and not be suspended they would be dumb to trade him now because of the uncertainty.  He would be worth much more post trial.  if they really had an interest in trading him they might even be talking about extending him and would be singing his praises under Schiano

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#77 : April 18, 2012, 02:35:27 PM

The Buccaneers have made it known that cornerback Aqib Talib is available via trade, a league source has told PewterReport.com. Talib, who is in the final year of his contract, has a grand jury trial scheduled for June 25 in Texas for his aggravated assault charge stemming from an incident in March 2011.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=7896

Roy Cummings, Tampa Tribune....."I'm really hoping no one swallowed the hook on that Talib being dangled for trade rumor. Word here at One Buc is there is NOTHING to it."

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#78 : April 18, 2012, 02:40:41 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828688ec/article/buccaneers-plan-to-hang-on-to-troubled-cb-aqib-talib?module=HP11_headline_stack

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are not shopping cornerback Aqib Talib, sources said Wednesday.

The Bucs have always been thrilled with the young corner's play and though he has had off field issues for sure, the team feels good about the prospects of his upcoming court case, sources said.

The Bucs have not explored trade options for Talib, and I'd be very surprised if that changed in the near future. Ronde Barber is expected to play more safety this season, and while the team might draft a cornerback in the first round, giving up on Talib is not something the Bucs are expected to do,

An earlier report from PewterReport.com claimed that the Bucs were shopping Talib, but so far had not received any takers.

LMAO...premature reportulation I see...Nice job PR.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#79 : April 18, 2012, 02:47:23 PM

One of the SiriusNFL hosts this morning described the next week as "The Week of Lies". Always, in the week or so heading up to the draft, you hear multiple reports about trades and who loves some such guy in the draft. It's all smokescreens and mirrors.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#80 : April 18, 2012, 02:50:26 PM

This just in: Dallas wants trade for Talib. 4th rounder.

(They said they missed partying with Pac-man)

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#81 : April 18, 2012, 03:04:22 PM

The Bucs weren't happy with my report, so my guess is Dominik called La Canfora, as he is prone to do from time to time, and used him to refute the report. I'm not surprised. He'll probably do the same thing over at ESPN with Schefter.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#82 : April 18, 2012, 03:10:05 PM

I trust PR more than what comes out of Dominik's mouth.

Sounds like Dumbdog Duemig is slamming your story without mentioning your website.
: April 18, 2012, 03:14:06 PM morgan

watson

Hall of Famer
#83 : April 18, 2012, 07:47:21 PM

Here is further evidence how bad Allen and Gruden draft selection were.
Unless my memory is totally gone...which it could be...this was a Monte/Rah pick.  IiRC, just like Gaines Adams, Moonte scouted him personally and lobbied for him during the draft.  Again, my memory is not what it used to be, but I'm pretty sure he was their choice.  Does not excuse them for the pick, but Monte had full control on defense.

No it was purely a Gruden/Allen selection (Talib) as he reminded them of Charles Woodson.  Gaines Adams had Monte's stamp of approval though.
I thought Monte actually personally went to Talibs workout and he and Morris met in an airport on their way back to Tampa and Monte was raving about him.....this was something that Morris had said before.....but again, I could be mistaken.  thanks

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#84 : April 18, 2012, 08:02:26 PM

Interesting in that neither side has to be wrong. PR can be right at the same time La Canfora can be right. Both just reporting.  One thing I would say is the PR story came out of the blue and with a declined comment opportunity from the Bucs. La Canfora's story is the opposite, it is a response to a story.  Not sure its as credible under these circumstances

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#85 : April 18, 2012, 09:11:17 PM

Who wants to give him a ride to the airport?

call him a cab?  :o

And run the risk of him hitting another cab driver?  Don't want to tempt him or anything :)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#86 : April 18, 2012, 09:13:23 PM

Dom must be scared of Talib...

If I were Dom I would say, "Yeah I tried"

WTF is Talib going to do?  Oh wait...

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#87 : April 18, 2012, 11:37:32 PM

People looking bad here.

Hide Tools Show Tools