Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers plan to hang on to troubled CB Aqib Talib « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#45 : April 18, 2012, 04:13:16 PM

Dang, I thought Scott and Dom were tight, I always assumed that's who SR's source was on most things.

I completely agree on the above comments about Dom getting off very lightly with the debacle that was the last 3 seasons.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 18, 2012, 04:17:57 PM

I gotta agree too. I was kind of upset he didnt get the chop with everybody else because he was just as responsible. He was the one who didnt sign a RB when we needed it in the worst way. He gave out some bad contracts to guys who didnt deserve them. Hes made some good moves this offseason getting the VJack and Nicks contracts done but I still think he should be on a tight short leash. This draft is huge for him.

BucsNHEAT

Practice Squad

#47 : April 18, 2012, 04:37:55 PM

I just wanted to clear this up.

It didn't clear a thing up.

In fact, I think it muddled things up.

Thanks for that.

It cleared up the fact that Talib does not already have one foot out of the door opposite to what the other thread states...and you're welcome.  ::)

You can stop patting yourself on the back now Heat. Just because Dom refutes the report doesn't mean much.

I haven't done anything to warrant a pat on the back, only responding to people who quote me. And I agree, but If you're writing off this piece of information you should also write off the original report that Talib was being shopped around.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#48 : April 18, 2012, 05:54:55 PM

Why wouldn't he be shopped?  He clearly doesn't fit in with the Buccaneer way.  He will be gone by next off-season one way or the other, unless he makes a total 180 on how he acts.  I dont see that happening and he will be traded or let go by next off-season imo.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Jutt

Starter
#49 : April 18, 2012, 06:11:07 PM

Why wouldn't he be shopped?  He clearly doesn't fit in with the Buccaneer way.  He will be gone by next off-season one way or the other, unless he makes a total 180 on how he acts.  I dont see that happening and he will be traded or let go by next off-season imo.

Its his first year with a new coach...so how do you know that he and Schiano hadnt had a talk about "The Buccaneer Way"

Just because something isnt reported...doesnt mean it DIDNT happen.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#50 : April 18, 2012, 06:29:56 PM

Its his first year with a new coach...so how do you know that he and Schiano hadnt had a talk about "The Buccaneer Way"

I dont know, but IMO hes gone within a year.  Why you ask? Because 1, he may be in jail 2 hes a repeat offender 3 hes a free agent next year.  Lets use statistics.  He was drafted in 2008, 4 years in the league.  He has done 4 acts that would get him fired by Schiano, IMO

Fight at Rookie symposium against his own teammate.
Swung his helmet at a Teammate
Punched a cab driver
Allegedly shot at someone

So in 4 years he has 4 acts of stupidity.  That equals 1 act a year.  So if we project his historical acts of stupidity into the future, he will be gone within 1 year. 

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

J Buc

Second String
#51 : April 18, 2012, 06:38:19 PM

I dont know, but IMO hes gone within a year.  Why you ask? Because 1, he may be in jail 2 hes a repeat offender 3 hes a free agent next year.  Lets use statistics.  He was drafted in 2008, 4 years in the league.  He has done 4 acts that would get him fired by Schiano, IMO

Fight at Rookie symposium against his own teammate.
Swung his helmet at a Teammate
Punched a cab driver
Allegedly shot at someone

So in 4 years he has 4 acts of stupidity.  That equals 1 act a year.  So if we project his historical acts of stupidity into the future, he will be gone within 1 year.

I just see that as progression and maturity. Each year has gotten better and better. This year I'm expecting bank robbery or drug smuggling.

In a couple years it could be extortion.

Talib is a rising star in the criminal world

All kidding aside hopefully Sciano can put him on the straight and narrow

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers plan to hang on to troubled CB Aqib Talib « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools