Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's a passing league... so why not « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Madman

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 18, 2012, 05:15:09 PM

Blackmon would be an awesome #2 next to Vincent Jackson. He would make defense more hesitant to double V-Jax. However, I'm not sure if a #2 receiver is worth the 5th overall pick.

Julio Jones did pretty well last year IMO. VJax is 29 and drafting Blackmon would be smart if Vincent gets hurt or becomes expendable a few years down the road. Just sayin.

Exactly. Blackmon would be the #1 in a few years. Nowadays you need at least 2 stud WRs. #2 WR is still a starter.

I have to disagree with your assumption there, there is no guarantee he'd be our number one.  He just isn't clear cut good enough to be sure of that, so he really shouldn't be in the running given our situation.  He's probably a decent risk early for a WR hungry team, but not for us.  Especially given all the other areas we could use improvements in.

Like anyone is guaranteed to be a #1. I'll bet on Blackmon as a future #1 WR. We'll see I guess.

As for the Bucs situation, you make matters worse drafting for need. Take the highest rated player on the board at 5. If it's Blackmon - take him. WR is not a luxury pick by any means.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 18, 2012, 05:16:39 PM

Pass. I like Briscoe, Williams, and Benn's potential to be somewhat developed under new coaching staff.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 18, 2012, 05:23:18 PM

Parker may be better than those 3 but I'd still take a long look at Blackmon.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 18, 2012, 06:58:01 PM

Pass. I like Briscoe, Williams, and Benn's potential to be somewhat developed under new coaching staff.

Briscoe may not be around for long. He was the no-show at yesterday's practice. Not gonna go over well with the new coach...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's a passing league... so why not « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools