Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MoMo Claiborne « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 19, 2012, 02:31:30 PM

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 19, 2012, 02:50:24 PM

Seems like a straight up stand up guy...he isnt Barack Obama in terms of eloquence...but he isnt anywhere near Talib either.

The dumb as rocks tag doesnt apply to him IMO..he will be fine.

Exactly. My daughter had a learning disability because of a vision impairment. She fought through, graduated top 5% at San Jose State  and now runs one of the largest Nanny Placement companies in Northern California. Some hear are so narrow minded and hide behind the annomitity of posting on a BB to make fun of someone they don't even know.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 19, 2012, 03:01:06 PM

Seems like a straight up stand up guy...he isnt Barack Obama in terms of eloquence...but he isnt anywhere near Talib either.

Exactly. My daughter had a learning disability because of a vision impairment. She fought through, graduated top 5% at San Jose State  and now runs one of the largest Nanny Placement companies in Northern California. Some hear are so narrow minded and hide behind the annomitity of posting on a BB to make fun of someone they don't even know.

Your daughter would score better than a 4 on the Wonderlic ....garanteed.  She was top 5% ??  Morris wasn't even in the bottom 5% at LSU.

Your daughter simply proves the point that a learning disability isn't an excuse for Momo's epic stupidity.

If we pick him I hope he is fine. Maybe he can get by on instincts alone (doubtful) , or maybe he just never applied himself to learning becuase he knew he'd be an athlete , but you damn well better believe it's a huge concern.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 19, 2012, 03:05:44 PM

I don't think a wonderlic is any indication of 'epic stupidity'.      Hyperbole at it's finest.   ;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 19, 2012, 03:11:01 PM

Did you just call the president eloquent? Yeah, no.  :P

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 19, 2012, 03:12:33 PM

Okay, forget my last post. I take it back because of the awesome GIF! :D

RIP Freddie!!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 19, 2012, 03:12:43 PM

I don't think a wonderlic is any indication of 'epic stupidity'.      Hyperbole at it's finest.   ;)

When you have the lowest score in the history of the test , and the list of the test takers is mostly full of dumb jocks , I don't see where the hyperbole lies at all...

Epic stupidity to score a 4. It's not that hard...
: April 19, 2012, 03:14:19 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#22 : April 19, 2012, 03:17:35 PM

If Barack Obama isn't eloquent, then the word shouldn't exist. Political affiliations and decisions aside, there is no denying that man can speak

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#23 : April 19, 2012, 03:19:51 PM

When you have the lowest score in the history of the test

Morris wasn't even in the bottom 5% at LSU.

If you're gonna trash the guy, at least use facts

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 19, 2012, 03:29:03 PM

If Barack Obama isn't eloquent, then the word shouldn't exist. Political affiliations and decisions aside, there is no denying that man can speak

Agreed. You can disagree with every single stance he has, but if someone denies that he is very slick and articulate...then they are blinded by their own prejudices...

You're better than that, B.  ;D

Think of it this way...

If you dont like something...and you want to defeat that something(whether a football team, voting out a political candidate..etc)...it is just as important to understand the strengths as well as weaknesses...

Could you imagine if this were done in football evaluation...It would be like watching a tape of Drew Brees during film study and saying..."every pass he throws is terrible"

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 19, 2012, 03:33:44 PM

...i'd agree...except I believe those speeches are teleprompted. I'd like it if he were able to be more genuine, and didn't get told what to say. :D

It's no big deal. I just think it's kinda silly people call him a good speaker when every speech isn't composed by HIM. ;)

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 19, 2012, 03:55:36 PM

...i'd agree...except I believe those speeches are teleprompted. I'd like it if he were able to be more genuine, and didn't get told what to say. :D

It's no big deal. I just think it's kinda silly people call him a good speaker when every speech isn't composed by HIM. ;)

Meh...same could be said for every politician...

Besides...a speaker is a person who speaks...You can be a good speaker even if every word wasnt manufactured or originated from your head.

There is a blatant difference between a speech writer(writers) and a speaker...

but I digress....because this is derailing the momo thread...an I already derail too many threads as it is.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#27 : April 19, 2012, 04:08:44 PM

He really is!

Speed to play man vs elite receivers
Ball skills to compete for the ball in the air
Instincts
Great tackler

I see no reason to not take him, especially considering the NFC south's QBs.

My biggest problem with Claiborne is that the first thing you listed is absolutely not true. Athletically he is far from elite. Think he compensates to a degree with good hips.  It's very possible that ball skills and instincts on a dominant college defense have over inflated his pro potential. I don't see a top 10 corner in this draft, so taking Mo at 5 is a big reach for me.  He is also not a great tackler. 

I will agree the test score is way overblown. Character/work ethic flags would be a much greater concern, and I don't believe he has either of those.

GuerillaInThaMist

Rookie

#28 : April 19, 2012, 04:08:56 PM

Are we seriously gonna call him 'MoMo' ?

GITM Approved.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 19, 2012, 04:12:35 PM

Yes, but we would feel a lot better about it if you would "GITM approve" it.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MoMo Claiborne « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools