Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Bucs Draft Ever? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 19, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

The 2009 draft I would have to say is probably the WORST draft that has happened in the past 5-7 years.

In my mind....we got no true set in stone guys. The jury is still out on Freeman, regardless of what his fanboy club likes to say.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : April 19, 2012, 10:39:18 PM

The 2009 draft I would have to say is probably the WORST draft that has happened in the past 5-7 years.

I really think it's the worst ever.   The fact that Freeman "appears" to be a good QB is a big problem.   He's going to drag this team down for years.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 19, 2012, 11:27:56 PM

I really think it's the worst ever.   The fact that Freeman "appears" to be a good QB is a big problem.   He's going to drag this team down for years.

Dumb

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 19, 2012, 11:42:01 PM

AJ just look at it this way,

We ended up with Winslow and Roy Miller in rounds 2 and 3.

We could have had LeSean McCoy and Mike Wallace.

It is just disgusting because we could have such a stacked offense but instead we have a worthless TE and a crappy back up DT.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but never the less.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 19, 2012, 11:43:44 PM

It is just disgusting because we could have such a stacked offense but instead we have a worthless TE and a crappy back up DT.

No your right, my comment was directed at the other guy I quoted.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : April 20, 2012, 07:36:56 AM

Dumb

It would be interesting to see a first three year comparison between your man Dilfer and Freeman.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 20, 2012, 08:22:41 AM

You can cherry pick back through every draft and make a "great" draft. The simple fact is K2 for all his issues (and I am not a huge fan) has been more productive than offhand 70% of all the players picked in that R2 (likely a higher figure than that based on year to year averages).

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 20, 2012, 08:47:25 AM

Since I've been paying attention, 2004 was pretty bad.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 20, 2012, 08:53:56 AM

You can cherry pick back through every draft and make a "great" draft. The simple fact is K2 for all his issues (and I am not a huge fan) has been more productive than offhand 70% of all the players picked in that R2 (likely a higher figure than that based on year to year averages).

By the same token, you can't claim Winslow has helped the Bucs even tho' he wasn't a draft pick and then be comparing to other drafts in which the Bucs didn't have early round picks as was noted earlier in the thread. Based on players actually picked and not picks traded away, the '09 draft was a dud.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 20, 2012, 08:58:56 AM

Taken by itself, the 2002 draft was pretty epically terrible.  If you give it credit for Gruden and Thomas Jones, it does better, but by itself?  Yeesh.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 20, 2012, 09:27:23 AM

We didnt have a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2002.  Of course we wont come away with a probowler.  We also won the superbowl so we were picking last in the 3rd round which is like saying we had a high 4,5,6,7 and 3 other 7 rounders. 

We didnt have a bad draft, we didnt have a draft at all.  Big difference.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 20, 2012, 09:50:56 AM

I'll go by decade:

1970's:  '79
1980's:  not many wrong answers, but I'll go with '82
1990's:  tough call, but I'll take '91
2000's:  '05 - nothing to show for 5 picks in the first 107 selections and Aaron Rodgers is winning a Superbowl, MVP, and Superbowl MVP.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 20, 2012, 09:53:29 AM

By the same token, you can't claim Winslow has helped the Bucs even tho' he wasn't a draft pick and then be comparing to other drafts in which the Bucs didn't have early round picks as was noted earlier in the thread. Based on players actually picked and not picks traded away, the '09 draft was a dud.

Well a pick creates value. Rather it creates it via trade or via a selection shouldn't seem to matter. Trading for a coach gets a lot more problematic but assuming you feel 2 1s and 2 2s is worth a super bowl then those might be two of the best drafts ever for example.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 20, 2012, 09:55:16 AM

2007 was a disaster when you consider the picks we had

1st (4)- Adams
2nd (35)- Sears
2nd (64)- Piscitelli
3rd (68)- Black
4th (106)- Jackson
5th (141)- Greg Peterson
6th (182)- Hayward
7th (214)- Chris Denman
7th (245)- Marcus Hamilton

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 20, 2012, 09:56:34 AM

2007 was a disaster when you consider the picks we had

1st (4)- Adams
2nd (35)- Sears
2nd (64)- Piscitelli
3rd (68)- Black
4th (106)- Jackson
5th (141)- Greg Peterson
6th (182)- Hayward
7th (214)- Chris Denman
7th (245)- Marcus Hamilton

That draft went about as well as Quincy's tackling last year - a total miss.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Bucs Draft Ever? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools