Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You are the GM. The $55.55 million would still go to V. Jackson or M. Wallace? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

: April 20, 2012, 08:23:23 AM

Thoughts.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 20, 2012, 08:29:47 AM

It would 55 mill PLUS a 1st round pick for Wallace.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 20, 2012, 08:29:49 AM

Smh.

Obtaining M. Wallace would have cost premium draft picks. There is absolutely no way Wallace was a target this offseason.

So to answer your question. Yes all 55.55 million still go to VJax because Wallace on the team was never ever ever ever ever ever ever going to happen.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 20, 2012, 08:33:48 AM

It would 55 mill PLUS a 1st round pick for Wallace.

This just for fun. I'm saying who would you give the $55 million to if you had a choice.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 20, 2012, 08:34:49 AM

Wallace for a 2nd > Jackson as a FA

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 20, 2012, 08:39:57 AM

Can we just go back in time and pick Wallace instead of Roy Miller?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 20, 2012, 08:48:35 AM

Vjax.. More capable of a receiver.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 20, 2012, 08:48:50 AM

You're forgetting we lose our first round pick...and maybe more.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 20, 2012, 08:56:35 AM

V jackson..

im not giving up the 5th overall pick for wallace.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 20, 2012, 09:20:47 AM

I think the OP is presenting a "what if" scenario in which they were both available without having to give up compensation to sign them(i.e. Free Agents)...then who would you rather have...

Well of course in that scenario it would be Wallace because of the many more years of production he could provide.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 20, 2012, 10:10:29 AM

I think the OP is presenting a "what if" scenario in which they were both available without having to give up compensation to sign them(i.e. Free Agents)...then who would you rather have...

Well of course in that scenario it would be Wallace because of the many more years of production he could provide.
What's the point of envisioning that scenario?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 20, 2012, 10:13:55 AM

What's the point of envisioning that scenario?

I dunno, maybe got bored with jackin' it...I couldnt tell ya.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 20, 2012, 10:14:16 AM

Before free agency started, I said the ideal player for the Bucs was Mike Wallace, so it'd be kind of transparent if I switched now to Vincent Jackson. That said, I loved the Jackson signing and hearing his ex-coach talk about his tremendous practice habits and work ethic makes me really, really glad he's a Buccaneer.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

geetech84

Starter

#13 : April 20, 2012, 10:27:59 AM

I would still pick V.Jackson. Only reason, that we have young Wr's, that need to be around a proven vet at Wr. To teach n show them how it is done.. V.Jackson is a play maker,a go to guy for a QB, "I'm not saying Wallace isn't that," "But one thing that help Wallace, he had a vet like H.Ward helping him."Benn,Mike,Dez,Parker and all the other young WR. did not have a proven vet ,that could help them become better.

If you watch that video on Benn,that's on the Bucs site. He was talking about, how he is learning so much from V.Jackson and seeing how much work V.Jackson puts in..

V.Jackson will get these young Wr's like Benn,Mike and the others, becoming play makers, bring out the best in them..

I love Wallace, he is proven and he is younger,but he isn't what our young Wr's needed.. They needed someone older,that is proven and that is still great..

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 20, 2012, 11:02:17 AM

I like Wallace better, but only by a small margin. The top tier of receivers includes guys like Megatron, Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson (when healthy). Wallace and VJax are in that next tier, somewhere between say around 5 or 6 and 20th best in the league.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You are the GM. The $55.55 million would still go to V. Jackson or M. Wallace? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools