Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: *Incarcerated Bob Rumor* 3 Teams Seeking Trade with Vikings « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#135 : April 21, 2012, 02:12:01 PM

Also, we already have an elite RB.

huge stretch imo.   would you really rather have blount than peterson, MJD, rice, stephen jax in their primes?  c'mon.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#136 : April 21, 2012, 02:26:55 PM

dont really see the logic in trading up when if we stay at 5 we will get one of Kalil, Richardson or Claiborne.
Unlesss of course Kalil and Claiborne are NOT the guy our guys actually want.

Now if we picked a 2-3 spots lower maybe I could see moving up into the top 5 to land one of those guys but with where we are currently there is no need to do this.
Unless the Bucs want the guy they want - not the leftovers.

Its not like there is a Suh or  Megatron type guy there.
You mean an "impact player"...?  Maybe Claiborne, Blackmon, and Kalil aren't viewed as such.  Maybe TR is viewed as one?

Kalil, Richardson and Claiborne all have comparable grades on most sites.  We should very pleased with any of them.   Why burn extra picks?

Unless you're the one spending MILLIONS for a young fella's "potential"...  And let's face it - that's ALL the draft is.  Hedging your bets, based on a young guy's potential.

Maybe Claiborne, Blackmon, and Kalil don't offer the same ROI that a TR does.

TR will sell tickets IMMEDIATELY...  The others - not so much.

Purely from a business perspective - TR makes the most sense.

You make a fair point above: just because mosts sites have those 3 guys rated comparably doesnt mean we do.  But to justify trading up for TR, as you seem to advocate, TR better be graded head and shoulders above the others by us.  I just don't see that.  I think all three have the potential to be very good, which is why I'd stay at 5 at see who falls to us(I want MC but wouldnt be mad with the others).  As for the Suh/Megatron comment I mean more than an impact player.  As I said above, I think Kalil, Mo and Rich all could be very good.  But what I meant by Suh and Megatron are "comes along once every 10 years" type guys.  The guys who not only have starter potential or even pro bowl potential.  Suh/Megatron have All-Pro /best player in the league at their position potential.  I dont see that thus I can't justify trading up.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#137 : April 21, 2012, 02:36:17 PM

Pimping UDFA running backs from NIU is nothing short of reality...

I hope that Chad Spann is good enough next year so people stop bringing him up, as if liking him invalidates everything JDouble posts, but doesn't do well enough that we have to read hundreds of posts about how the Bucs should never have let him go.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#138 : April 21, 2012, 02:37:53 PM

...but doesn't do well enough that we have to read hundreds of posts about how the Bucs should never have let him go.

Haha! I would never!  :P

Hate

Hall of Famer
#139 : April 21, 2012, 03:10:29 PM

I want elite players too. I just don't see any in this draft other than Luck. Also, we already have an elite RB.

Dub, elite RBs don't leave the field on 3rd down.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#140 : April 21, 2012, 03:12:04 PM

I want elite players too. I just don't see any in this draft other than Luck. Also, we already have an elite RB.

and short yardage situations

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#141 : April 21, 2012, 03:17:01 PM

and short yardage situations

Thank you.

dbrooks55

Starter

#142 : April 21, 2012, 03:52:12 PM

To explain why it wouldn't be more is because of where we are sitting 2 picks away. Say no one calls Minny to trade up and we're the only one, and they can move back 2 spots still get one of their guys and add a mid round pick, why not? You guys are looking at it all whacked out because Atlanta wasn't even in the 1st rd and traded in, and the Washington trade your only gonna do something like that for a QB that was still nuts.

I'd like to know what elite RB we have on our roster....I see an indecisive RB that pauses 30% of the time at the line of scrimmage (not sure you can coach that out of him) and who can't play on 3rd down....Blount is not the complete back Schaino needs for his game style, The Bucs aren't going to the superbowl this year, you have 2 drafts atleast to add the players you need. Richardson will be a homerun like Calvin Johnson. Do you really want to see us miss that player by one pick again?? I think Richardson will be one of the top 3 players to come from this draft...he is built pretty nicely for a RB that can be durable for years.

I would be very happy seeing Richardson and Blount in a 50/50, 60/40 timeshare that would make both have very long successful careers, and Richardson can do EVERYTHING Blount can't!

lowlife

Starter
#143 : April 21, 2012, 05:29:31 PM

They aren't guaranteed Kalil at 5. Cleveland could still easily trade down with a team like Buffalo or Arizona who would scoop him up from under Minny's nose and laugh about it.

dbrooks55

Starter

#144 : April 21, 2012, 07:14:31 PM

They aren't guaranteed Kalil at 5. Cleveland could still easily trade down with a team like Buffalo or Arizona who would scoop him up from under Minny's nose and laugh about it.

No but they are also tied to Claiborne and even Blackmon....but they trade with Tampa, and they are getting one of the 2 players they are tied to, Kalil or Claiborne.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: *Incarcerated Bob Rumor* 3 Teams Seeking Trade with Vikings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools