Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Vontaze Burfict « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

fabsrubio

Rookie

« : April 20, 2012, 04:57:55 PM »

If he's there in the fifth or sixth he should be the pick. The guy has a bad wrap and appears to be on the up and up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7821147/tk

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #1 : April 20, 2012, 05:02:51 PM »

The guy has a bad wrap

Poor technique.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #2 : April 20, 2012, 05:04:49 PM »

Mayock calls Vontaze Burfict a “non-draftable kid”

Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict began “draft season” rated as a first-round pick, at least according to January mock drafts from guys like ESPN’s Todd McShay. Three months later, there’s legitimate doubt about whether Burfict will be drafted at all.

NFL Network’s Mike Mayock doesn’t think there’s a whole lot left to talk about. He has Burfict rated as an undrafted free agent.

“I put his tape on with absolutely zero preconceived notions,” Mayock explained in a Thursday conference call with media. “I watched three tapes and really didn’t like him as a football player.

“I think he’s a non-draftable kid. For me, he’s a free agent.”

The common misconception with Burfict is that his problems occurred during the pre-draft process, when Burfict bombed at the Combine and again at his Pro Day. As Mayock has explained, however, Burfict’s fall occurred during games. He’s just not a good player.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/19/mayock-calls-vontaze-burfict-a-non-draftable-kid/

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 20, 2012, 05:07:24 PM »

If Raheem were coach, we'd be getting him and Jenkins, but none of them are draftable for Schiano.

tog

Pro Bowler
« #4 : April 20, 2012, 05:12:34 PM »

Why would you want this headache on your team?  Where cases like this work out is when the kids reformed (we were all stupid in college), or been given a bad rap.  There has been zero indication that's the case, it just seems the guys a lazy bonehead.

Guys like that do more harm than their upside is worth.

fabsrubio

Rookie

« #5 : April 20, 2012, 05:17:51 PM »

Why would you want this headache on your team?  Where cases like this work out is when the kids reformed (we were all stupid in college), or been given a bad rap.  There has been zero indication that's the case, it just seems the guys a lazy bonehead.

Guys like that do more harm than their upside is worth.

I guess you didn't read the story. I think after Blount and M Wills sophomore slump we're adverse to taking a guy with issues but if schiano is willing to give Aqib a chance do you really think he's against all "head cases"?

NYC Bucs Fan

Starter

« #6 : April 20, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »

I wouldn't be against taking him in the late rounds.   He was once touted as the best LB in college football by the SAME analysts now calling him worthless.....something's not right there.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #7 : April 20, 2012, 05:21:41 PM »

He is on the up and up? That because thing he can do now is go up. His stock is killed, I would be shocked if he got picked before round 5.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #8 : April 20, 2012, 05:26:12 PM »

I wouldn't be against taking him in the late rounds.   He was once touted as the best LB in college football by the SAME analysts now calling him worthless.....something's not right there.

Got any links for that?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #9 : April 20, 2012, 05:26:20 PM »

Is up and up another way of saying that hes getting high? Its 420 after all.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

« #10 : April 20, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »

Would like to see the Bucs pick up an extra 7th to get both Burfict and Bryce Brown. 

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #11 : April 20, 2012, 05:30:12 PM »

Would like to see the Bucs pick up an extra 7th to get both Burfict and Bryce Brown.
Please do me a favor and punch yourself in the face, because that's the stupidest thing Ive ever read.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : April 20, 2012, 05:31:48 PM »

Please do me a favor and punch yourself in the face, because that's the stupidest thing Ive ever read.

After you're done with that favor. Do me the same favor.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

« #13 : April 20, 2012, 05:37:56 PM »

Who you like in the 7th?

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #14 : April 20, 2012, 05:53:07 PM »

Who you like in the 7th?
Joe Martinek, RB/FB Rutgers
Levy Adc0ck, OT Oklahoma state
Marquis Maze, Wr/returner Alabama
Bobby Rainey, RB Western Kentucky

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Vontaze Burfict « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools