Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Vontaze Burfict « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 20, 2012, 05:53:49 PM

Draft him for what?

He will be available after the fact, and Dom and Greg wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

gone

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 20, 2012, 05:57:23 PM

This time next year the guy is going to be in jail.  Bank on it.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 20, 2012, 06:09:06 PM

This is what I'm talking bout!

Draft Burflict. If not us, some team will like the Jets, Ravens, or Seahawks.

Lets face it, this draft class is too weak for him to go undrafted.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 20, 2012, 06:09:40 PM

Anyone who drafts him is wasting a pick.

Might as well draft another punter in round 6.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 20, 2012, 06:28:22 PM

The issue for me goes beyond "head case" but more his play. ZERO gap responsibility, poor tackling, over persue's himself out of plays. He is all hype based off 2-3 big hits in 2010.

The best comparison I can make is this:

If you are a golfer, you know that when you swing as hard as you can, and hit the ball with all your strength, you will completely crush the ball 1/10 of the time. The other 9/10 you slice so bad the ball lands in the parking lot. Burfict is the same, for the one hit he makes a game the other 9 times he is so far off the mark he might as well not be there. Getting on "jacked up" once a week isn't worth 10 missed tackles and 30 penelty yards.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 20, 2012, 06:49:01 PM

If he's there in the fifth or sixth he should be the pick. The guy has a bad wrap and appears to be on the up and up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7821147/tk
Usually when people say someone has a bad wrap it insinuates there is negative talk that was blown out of proportion or unwarranted. Everything said about this kid he has earned. Maybe except for being the next ray Lewis.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 20, 2012, 06:52:34 PM

If he's there in the fifth or sixth he should be the pick. The guy has a bad wrap and appears to be on the up and up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7821147/tk
Usually when people say someone has a bad wrap it insinuates there is negative talk that was blown out of proportion or unwarranted. Everything said about this kid he has earned. Maybe except for being the next ray Lewis.

Usually when people say someone has a bad "wrap" they are illiterate.

AND CAN EVERYONE JUST FORGET THE **CENSORED**ING NAME VONTAZE BURFICT ALREADY?!!?!

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#22 : April 20, 2012, 06:59:38 PM

Trade up for  Vontazered Burfliction!!!

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 20, 2012, 07:07:18 PM

The issue for me goes beyond "head case" but more his play. ZERO gap responsibility, poor tackling, over persue's himself out of plays. He is all hype based off 2-3 big hits in 2010.

The best comparison I can make is this:

If you are a golfer, you know that when you swing as hard as you can, and hit the ball with all your strength, you will completely crush the ball 1/10 of the time. The other 9/10 you slice so bad the ball lands in the parking lot. Burfict is the same, for the one hit he makes a game the other 9 times he is so far off the mark he might as well not be there. Getting on "jacked up" once a week isn't worth 10 missed tackles and 30 penelty yards.
Clap clap clap clap! Exactly.
Another good comparison is the slam dunk. Guys on YouTube do some of the best dunks you've ever seen. But they can't play in the NBA. Just because Burfict put a lick on a couple guys doesn't make him a good LB. In fact according to every reputable scout says he isn't good. Has any one seen a scouting report that list what he is good at? Just about everything you look for in aLB, he has negative reviews on. The following this guy has garnered is insane.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 20, 2012, 07:26:39 PM

Burfict did score higher than a 4 ....just sayin .  8)

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#25 : April 20, 2012, 07:41:23 PM

Joe Martinek, RB/FB Rutgers
Levy Adc0ck, OT Oklahoma state
Marquis Maze, Wr/returner Alabama
Bobby Rainey, RB Western Kentucky

Oh.  I thought we were talking about guys who might actually be there in the 7th. 

Would love to take Maze in the 7th.  I agree.  I doubt Ad**CENSORED** is there either, but also would be a good pickup if available.

Martinek has a good chance of going undrafted (imo) and would think we'd have a good shot at bringing him in ufa if that's the case. 

Rainey/Brown.  I'd take Brown for upside.  Rainey has a ton of college carries, but for a 7th round pick.  Would not be disappointed with him. 

Jutt

Starter
#26 : April 20, 2012, 08:11:03 PM

Did Mo steal your girl or something?  Your obsession with sh1tting on him is disgusting dude. Seriously. And to top it off..you come in  like Captain Save A Ho for Trent Richardson every time a draft thread is going on.

And when the Browns draft Richardson..I hope you remember its down the road, not across the street.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 20, 2012, 08:19:33 PM

OOOOOOOOOOH! 8)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 20, 2012, 09:32:17 PM

Im starting to think that Claiborne must have banged the sh** out of your sister....or mom...

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 20, 2012, 09:50:56 PM

Vontaze will be this year Brandon Spikes. 1 team will take a chance on him and maybe with a better coach he can learn to control that rage to become a better player.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Vontaze Burfict « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools