Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Vontaze Burfict « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

acacius

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 20, 2012, 10:06:01 PM

Burfict did score higher than a 4 ....just sayin .  8)
You're right!  That IS an excellent example of how wonderlic scores don't necessarily correlate with football intelligence!  Good point!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#31 : April 20, 2012, 10:14:41 PM

I would have no problem taking him in the 7th.

I could even talk myself into liking him in the 6th

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 20, 2012, 11:15:19 PM

Burfict is a terrible football player.

Who cares about him punching out his own teammates (smaller than him as well...at least Talib went after the biggest **CENSORED** on the team)?  Who cares about thirtty seven billion personal foul calls?  Who cares about all of that.  I can even excuse all of that.

If not for the fact he is a lousy football player with absolutely no measurables worth mentioning.  He simply is not even that good.  He does have a cool name though. (SMH)

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 21, 2012, 01:33:03 AM

The guy has a bad wrap

Poor technique.

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 21, 2012, 02:23:44 AM

Joe Martinek, RB/FB Rutgers
Levy Adc0ck, OT Oklahoma state
Marquis Maze, Wr/returner Alabama
Bobby Rainey, RB Western Kentucky

Oh.  I thought we were talking about guys who might actually be there in the 7th. 

Would love to take Maze in the 7th.  I agree.  I doubt Ad**CENSORED** is there either, but also would be a good pickup if available.

Martinek has a good chance of going undrafted (imo) and would think we'd have a good shot at bringing him in ufa if that's the case. 

Rainey/Brown.  I'd take Brown for upside.  Rainey has a ton of college carries, but for a 7th round pick.  Would not be disappointed with him.
I'm going by projections like everyone else. CBS sports, a site who's been pretty accurate the past years drafts, have all those guys going in the 7th round.

And you say you would take Brown for his upside? What upside? I dint get why people are so high on him. He has not played football since 2009 and he didn't dominate then. Drafting a kid based on high school hype is beyond stupid. Its borderline retardation.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#35 : April 21, 2012, 02:37:20 AM

And you say you would take Brown for his upside? What upside? I dint get why people are so high on him. He has not played football since 2009 and he didn't dominate then. Drafting a kid based on high school hype is beyond stupid. Its borderline retardation.

Watched him some at Tenn as a true freshman, and he played pretty well in a rotation in the SEC.  Also follow KSU and he looked good in their spring game. 

He has huge red flags for sure.  He slow played his transfer from Tenn and didn't work out with KSU the summer he transfered there.  Then skipped the summer workouts at KSU again right before he became eligible.  Got him dog housed and when he did see very limited playing time before he quit he did not look great.  I would really question his dedication to the game. 

Still, he's a 220ish back that runs in the low 4.4's and has decent-good hands.  Obviously he's been taking care of himself physically as he ran a 4.37 and 4.45 at his pro day weighing 223.  There is the potential to have a starting caliber running back in a year or two with him.  I don't see that same potential out of Rainey.  With a 7th I'd rather take a chance on a player being good then find a guy who might fill out the end of my bench for a couple seasons.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 21, 2012, 02:41:59 AM

No way.  Even if you like him, which I don't, just wait until after the draft and sign him on the cheap for a tryout.  Right now its a long shot he even gets to be "Mr. Irrelevent".

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#37 : April 21, 2012, 05:04:10 AM

No way.  Even if you like him, which I don't, just wait until after the draft and sign him on the cheap for a tryout.  Right now its a long shot he even gets to be "Mr. Irrelevent".
I'd rather take him in the draft.

They get paid less. Its much better to be a UFA than a 7th rounder.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 21, 2012, 07:12:18 AM

You're right!  That IS an excellent example of how wonderlic scores don't necessarily correlate with football intelligence!  Good point!

I'm not even talking about football right now , I'm talking about how incredibly stupid you have to be to score lower on a test than Vontaze Burfict. Stupidity of epic proportions.

...it's funny that's all.  8)
: April 21, 2012, 07:14:13 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#39 : April 21, 2012, 09:10:48 AM

Im starting to think that Claiborne must have banged the sh** out of your sister....or mom...

I see you've moved from the race card to "your mom" smack. Clearly, I have overestimated your potential.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 21, 2012, 09:34:31 AM

If he's there in the fifth or sixth he should be the pick. The guy has a bad wrap and appears to be on the up and up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7821147/tk
Usually when people say someone has a bad wrap it insinuates there is negative talk that was blown out of proportion or unwarranted. Everything said about this kid he has earned. Maybe except for being the next ray Lewis.

Usually when people say someone has a bad "wrap" they are illiterate.

AND CAN EVERYONE JUST FORGET THE **CENSORED**ING NAME VONTAZE BURFICT ALREADY?!!?!
Since you're being a d bag over the precise meanings of rap and wrap I'm going to nitpick over the word illiterate. It means one can't read or write. Not misusing words. Or even misspelling them. If you post on this board, by definition its impossible for you to be illiterate. If you are going to be **CENSORED**y and correct small things then your post should be 100 % correct. ... Fagbag

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 21, 2012, 10:00:41 AM

Im starting to think that Claiborne must have banged the sh** out of your sister....or mom...

Clearly, I have overestimated your potential.

You, incorrectly evaluating something..?

Not possible.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 21, 2012, 10:38:09 AM

As the premier Burfict fan on this board...
STAY THE **** AWAY!

bashear

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 21, 2012, 10:50:08 AM

I'm not even talking about football right now , I'm talking about how incredibly stupid you have to be to score lower on a test than Vontaze Burfict. Stupidity of epic proportions.

...it's funny that's all.  8)
There is some sick humor in reading your posts in which you talk about intelligence, as you still don't understand learning disabilities. You post the same tired nonsense with troll-like efficiency, coming off like a buffoon over and over. We have the wonderful ability to use this forum to discuss the Bucs in a fun and serious manner, but you waste the opportunity. You must be a hoot in real life.

Now, if you were to point out that Mo has a learning disability and question if this will unduly affect his ability to pick things up at a pace required in the NFL, that would be a valid question. Fortunately, we have a college coach of his on the Bucs who can help make that determination.

Havok904

Starter

#44 : April 21, 2012, 12:18:34 PM

A camp invite wouldn't hurt...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Vontaze Burfict « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools