Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's QB Camp: Andrew Luck « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

: April 20, 2012, 11:52:20 PM

Did anyone see this?    It wasn't as funny as some of the others, but I was amazed at the intelligence level of Andrew Luck.    From what I saw, the dude already knows enough about being a QB to be a coach.    This guy is going to light it up.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 21, 2012, 12:25:23 AM

Out of all of the ones I have seen, I think Russel Wilson's was the best.

After watching his QB camp I was impressed with the kid.

: April 21, 2012, 12:39:34 AM bizkitlimped

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 21, 2012, 12:41:53 AM

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 21, 2012, 01:05:44 AM

Russell Wilson does seem to have his head on straight.   I'd love to see the Bucs pick him up.

On a side note, the Bucs were morons for getting rid of Gruden.   

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 21, 2012, 01:13:40 AM

I agree on both accounts to be completely honest. I'm hoping Schiano brings that kind of intensity and passion and knowledge back to Tampa and so far the intensity is there :)

But Russell Wilson would be an excellent pick up and could be a solid #2 guy for us.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 21, 2012, 01:23:57 AM

Russell Wilson would be an excellent pick up and could be a solid #2 guy for us.

Agreed.   And he might even beat out Freeman.   At least he would give Freeman some much needed competition.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 21, 2012, 01:49:20 AM

Bob Bostad did come from Wisconsin, so he knows everything about Wilson.  I wouldn't mind if we grabbed him in the 3rd if hes there.  Seems like an excellent guy to push Freeman.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 21, 2012, 01:50:24 AM

That's where we disagree Java, now that Freeman has a competent QB coach and not Alex Van Pelt(guy is a joke, and a horrible one at that) and a competent head coach, I think you're going to see who the REAL Freeman is, the flashes that you saw in his 1st and 2nd years.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 21, 2012, 04:57:40 AM

I didn't like Freeman in 2009 or 2010 either.

tmac87

Starter
#9 : April 21, 2012, 06:37:07 AM

lol, a QB who threw for 25 and 6. Yeah. Who would like that?

And Wilson impressed me a lot. Smart and has a chip on his shoulder.

Even if you get off my island, Goldson and Barron are right there. You want to go across the middle and get tattooed, it is what it is. - Revis Isle

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 21, 2012, 06:57:07 AM

The fact that he was able to learn two offenses in his college career has helped him tremendously. He has shown he has the ability to pick up the different nuances and complexities of two different schemes. In the video above, he appears intelligent and seems like a student of the game. When Gruden was going over the code 1's with him you could tell just by his grin he was learning something and couldn't wait to apply it. I hope when round 5 comes knockin' he's our selection. He could instantly push Orlovsky for the back up position, assuming he can pick up the offense in a timely manner.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 21, 2012, 08:39:24 AM

Look at his stats that year against teams that did not have losing records.   They were horrible.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 21, 2012, 08:51:23 AM

The fact that he was able to learn two offenses in his college career has helped him tremendously. He has shown he has the ability to pick up the different nuances and complexities of two different schemes. In the video above, he appears intelligent and seems like a student of the game. When Gruden was going over the code 1's with him you could tell just by his grin he was learning something and couldn't wait to apply it. I hope when round 5 comes knockin' he's our selection. He could instantly push Orlovsky for the back up position, assuming he can pick up the offense in a timely manner.
9th best TD to Int ratio...... OF ALL TIME! Dosent matter how week the schedule was because talent/experience wise (coaching included) the bucs have been one of the bottom 3 teams since Free got here.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 21, 2012, 08:52:50 AM

How did he do last year?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 21, 2012, 08:55:38 AM

I looked it up.   Josh Freeman led the NFC in interceptions last year with 22.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's QB Camp: Andrew Luck « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools