Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could the Bucs select Luke Kuechly with the fifth overall pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

gone

Hall of Famer
#45 : April 21, 2012, 11:55:34 PM

Blount is already playing at a high first round level.  It would be the height of stupidity to spend a top five to replace that when you have a ton of other areas that you could get a major upgrade at with that pick. 

The Blount hate is just ridiculous here.  He's a stud.  All the negative talk about him started with two incompetent coaches trying to find a scapegoat for their own fail, and people fell for it.  Kuechly, your favorite other RB, best remaining CB, in that order, and our draft is a homerun.
: April 21, 2012, 11:59:15 PM caradoc

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 21, 2012, 11:57:28 PM

If a trade down resulted in Kuechly I won't be that upset, but I like Hightower over Kuechly. This team is dying for a big beast nasty LB. Hightower is being underrated.

Kuechly is universally rated over Hightower.  Hightower also is not a good fit in a 4-3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 22, 2012, 12:00:25 AM

Only reason I dont want Richardson is because, despite how studly he is, the production increase from blount to TR isnt that great. You cant say the same for Claiborne replacing our holes at CB or Keek pushing Mason over to WILL

Exactly. Blounts carries in each of his seasons were pretty low. Imagine if our defense didn't suck and our offense were able to get leads. He'd be getting more runs and would be racking up a ton of yards. He may not get as many yards as Richardson but it wouldn't be that much less. He may not look as exciting but Blount is still fun to watch. Do you really want to spend the 5th pick on a guy who's gonna give a little more production and entertainment? I think defense would be more important. Hell even Blackmon would be more helpful.

Most teams use multiple RB's these days.

Sure they do but they don't need to be a Richardson/Blount backfield. We just need somebody who is able to take over when Blount needs a break and can do a good job at it. That guy doesn't need to be the #5 pick in the draft.

Agree 100%.      I am a huge LeGarrette fan.   I could see them picking up a 3rd down type RB to share the load.   But use the #5 on another position.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#48 : April 22, 2012, 12:03:36 AM

Miller might be the guy we get at RB, I remember one of the guys who came in and interviewed said something about us moving towards a ZBS.  That would probably help Blount too.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#49 : April 22, 2012, 12:14:51 AM

If the Bucs draft Kuechly, they will finally have ONE good player on the roster.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#50 : April 22, 2012, 02:06:08 AM

FWIW, I think Kuechly will be a good player, but there are a couple good LB's next year.  Rather than reaching for need (how has that worked for us in the past?), I would definitely prefer to see us take Kalil, Claiborne, Richardson or trade down at least.  In a perfect world we pick up an elite player this year and get Notre Dame LB Te'o next year.  Te'o, IMO, is the better MLB when compared to Kuechly and has a much higher ceiling.  I'm sure many will disagree with that before they see video on Te'o.  One word, YouTube.

[Add witty one liner here]

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#51 : April 22, 2012, 02:13:38 AM

If the Bucs draft Kuechly, they will finally have ONE good player on the roster.

I thought you wanted them to draft TR?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#52 : April 22, 2012, 02:53:08 AM

I thought you wanted them to draft TR?

It's Java, obviously he'd prefer the white guy.

He might be afraid to learn that he's not a Ruud clone though, as he actually hits holes and tackles and stuff.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#53 : April 22, 2012, 03:04:49 AM

I've watched some highlights and lowlights of Kuechly and I suppose he would be a good pick, not at 5, but if you traded down to the 10-15 slots and picked up multiple picks. He is not elite in any way though.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#54 : April 22, 2012, 08:15:51 AM

If a trade down resulted in Kuechly I won't be that upset, but I like Hightower over Kuechly. This team is dying for a big beast nasty LB. Hightower is being underrated.
Hightower seems to bring a bit of pass rush as well. He also adds some pop to the middle of our defense. Luke definitely has better instincts though. Either one would be better than foster at mlb, and would allow us to upgrade two spots.

Bone

Rookie

#55 : April 22, 2012, 05:37:41 PM

I would be fine with Kuechly at 5.  If he is the guy the coaches want I would be careful about trading down because I don't think he will last as long as some think.  I would prefer Richardson but I think he will be gone and Kuechly is my second choice.

r1-Kuechly
r2-Harrison Smith
r3-best RB available

would be good with this

#56 : April 22, 2012, 06:29:36 PM

FWIW, I think Kuechly will be a good player, but there are a couple good LB's next year.  Rather than reaching for need (how has that worked for us in the past?), I would definitely prefer to see us take Kalil, Claiborne, Richardson or trade down at least.  In a perfect world we pick up an elite player this year and get Notre Dame LB Te'o next year.  Te'o, IMO, is the better MLB when compared to Kuechly and has a much higher ceiling.  I'm sure many will disagree with that before they see video on Te'o.  One word, YouTube.

Sure, but realistically, what are the chances that the Bucs will be in a position to draft him?

#57 : April 22, 2012, 06:30:12 PM

I would be fine with Kuechly at 5.  If he is the guy the coaches want I would be careful about trading down because I don't think he will last as long as some think.

I agree with this part of your post.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could the Bucs select Luke Kuechly with the fifth overall pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools