Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Highly-respected draftnik...."Claiborne is my 3rd rated CB in the draft" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: April 21, 2012, 05:45:19 PM

Here's a tease for my mock. Based only on on-field play (nothing else), Claiborne is my 3rd rated corner. Still goes in the top 10.

2:28 PM - 21 Apr 12via web

From Rotoworld....

Going solely by "on-field play," NFL Films guru Greg Cosell ranks LSU's Morris Claiborne as only the third-best cornerback in this season's draft class.

Cosell made the revelation as part of a tease for his mock draft (which will be released on Monday), and didn't divulge whom he had ranked ahead a player widely considered this year's top corner. Our best guesses would be South Carolina's Stephon Gilmore and Alabama's Dre Kirkpatrick, though North Alabama's Janoris Jenkins is a possibility. Despite the surprising opinion of a highly-respected draftnik, Claiborne remains the overwhelming favorite to be the first corner off the board.

Source: Greg Cosell on Twitter Apr 21 - 5:32 PM

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 21, 2012, 05:58:36 PM

Morris seems to be slipping a bit here lately.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 21, 2012, 06:02:33 PM

Yet the Vikings could easily take him at 3. Gilmore is a case of post combine riser most had him as a 2nd round guy pre-combine and his knock was he gets beat deep to much. Jenkins you could argue.

stormsct

Starter

#3 : April 21, 2012, 06:04:06 PM

Cosell is considered quite the talent evaluator. I wonder what makes him give Claiborne that rate?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 21, 2012, 06:05:20 PM

Yet the Vikings could easily take him at 3. Gilmore is a case of post combine riser most had him as a 2nd round guy pre-combine and his knock was he gets beat deep to much. Jenkins you could argue.

Is it Thursday night yet?   I am getting weary of draft speculation.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 21, 2012, 06:06:51 PM

Is it Thursday night yet?   I am getting weary of draft speculation.

I've been saying that to myself for the past week, the next 5 days is going to seem like weeks...

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 21, 2012, 06:16:52 PM

Cosell is considered quite the talent evaluator. I wonder what makes him give Claiborne that rate?

The other 3 corners seem more rounded than Claiborne.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 21, 2012, 06:18:27 PM

I like Cosell and all, but he has quite a few ridiculous opinions on this year's draft.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 21, 2012, 06:20:17 PM

Reading that just makes it seem like he is trying to get more attention for his mock. Come on a teaser for a mock. Good marketing though. He has been evaluating talent for years but isn't as nearly as popular as other draft pundits. This will certainly Garner a little spot light if only for a moment. May even spark a debate with one of the more popular guys like Mel
L

youngone

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 21, 2012, 06:23:09 PM

I like Cosell and all, but he has quite a few ridiculous opinions on this year's draft.
probably on some teams payroll or doing a favor for a agent by putting that out there. Claiborne is better that Gilmore and Kirkpatrick.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 21, 2012, 06:24:31 PM

Here is another.....

NFL Films guru Greg Cosell does not have USC LT Matt Kalil among the first 10 picks in his mock draft.

Cosell has cautioned that the "explanations (will be) more important than the actual picks" in the mock draft he's set to release on Monday, but it's still an extremely interesting opinion from one of the football media's biggest film junkies. The odds Kalil falls out of the top 10 on Thursday are near, if not, zero.

Source: Greg Cosell on Twitter Apr 21 - 5:53 PM

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 21, 2012, 06:28:44 PM

Here is another.....

NFL Films guru Greg Cosell does not have USC LT Matt Kalil among the first 10 picks in his mock draft.

Cosell has cautioned that the "explanations (will be) more important than the actual picks" in the mock draft he's set to release on Monday, but it's still an extremely interesting opinion from one of the football media's biggest film junkies. The odds Kalil falls out of the top 10 on Thursday are near, if not, zero.

That and there being a very small difference between RG3 and Tannehill. Come on now.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 21, 2012, 06:30:52 PM

Lots of conflicting reports out there. Im not sure whats going on. Find out thursday night!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 21, 2012, 06:34:04 PM

Here is another.....

That and there being a very small difference between RG3 and Tannehill. Come on now.

LOL    That is a good one.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

MasterC25

Starter
#14 : April 21, 2012, 06:36:39 PM

Ive been telling people Claiborne to me is tied for 2nd best CB in this draft.  Jenkins is the best pure cover corner but has issues. Gilmore has the BEST ball skills, is durable and SMART. Claiborne was a good CB on a good defense but never really stood out to me and I did not like his lack of toughness and weakness in tackling ability.

1)Jenkins
2a) Gilmore
2b)Claiborne
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Highly-respected draftnik...."Claiborne is my 3rd rated CB in the draft" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools