Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Highly-respected draftnik...."Claiborne is my 3rd rated CB in the draft" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 21, 2012, 06:38:35 PM

Ive been telling people Claiborne to me is tied for 2nd best CB in this draft.  Jenkins is the best pure cover corner but has issues. Gilmore has the BEST ball skills, is durable and SMART. Claiborne was a good CB on a good defense but never really stood out to me and I did not like his lack of toughness and weakness in tackling ability.

1)Jenkins
2a) Gilmore
2b)Claiborne

I wouldn't disagree with that, but I wouldn't draft that order either.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

buchead

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 21, 2012, 06:42:23 PM

looking at all the against the grain opinions he has been spewing out, it really seems as if he is doing it to get attention for his mock. Being a draft expert is suddenly a crowded market. Saying these things will not only get his mock attention, but it will provoke responses from other guys like Mel and Tod. Also roofs of sights will write about it and he will be in the middle of the interview rotation this week. This guy had over hell of a manager/publicist.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 21, 2012, 06:52:32 PM

looking at all the against the grain opinions he has been spewing out, it really seems as if he is doing it to get attention for his mock. Being a draft expert is suddenly a crowded market. Saying these things will not only get his mock attention, but it will provoke responses from other guys like Mel and Tod. Also roofs of sights will write about it and he will be in the middle of the interview rotation this week. This guy had over hell of a manager/publicist.

Well he better be right about things, or he will be headed for "incarcerated bob" territory.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 21, 2012, 06:52:39 PM

All this is a bit of crazy talk IMO. Claiborne has way, wayyyy better hips and change of direction than Gilmore. Gilmore is a nice, tough corner, but you're not going to put him man to man on Roddy White or Colston all game and expect him to hold down the fort all game. Claiborne can do that for you.

Gilmore may be the safer pick, but Claiborne's potential to be lockdown makes him worthy of being top 5.
: April 21, 2012, 06:54:16 PM BucsPirate1

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 21, 2012, 07:00:57 PM

If the assorted clips that I've seen are representative of both player's skills, I'm more impressed with Gilmore as well....I never got the whole love affair with **CENSORED** but if he's the pick I will support it.....reluctantly.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 21, 2012, 07:11:41 PM

Fleming is more valuable in the 3rd than Claiborne is at #5.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

#21 : April 21, 2012, 07:13:45 PM

Yeah, just because he's a film guru doesn't mean he's not trying to garner attention.

#22 : April 21, 2012, 07:17:26 PM

All this is a bit of crazy talk IMO. Claiborne has way, wayyyy better hips and change of direction than Gilmore. Gilmore is a nice, tough corner, but you're not going to put him man to man on Roddy White or Colston all game and expect him to hold down the fort all game. Claiborne can do that for you.

Gilmore may be the safer pick, but Claiborne's potential to be lockdown makes him worthy of being top 5.

Good post.

All these prospects have their strengths & weaknesses but if you want Revis potential, that's the premium and MoClai is the guy.

They're all potentially great CBs and much depends on where they land and how their overall circumstances in life turn out.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 21, 2012, 07:44:52 PM

Gilmore is a bigger guy, and with the trend leaning towards NBA power forwards at TE in the league, bigger is better IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#24 : April 21, 2012, 07:56:29 PM

Gilmore is a bigger guy, and with the trend leaning towards NBA power forwards at TE in the league, bigger is better IMO.
we want our outside CBs covering inside against TEs?

buchead

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 21, 2012, 07:58:45 PM

Well he better be right about things, or he will be headed for "incarcerated bob" territory.
Yes but look at how he words things. Based solely off on the field play (and nothingelse). That's sort of like a disclaimer. So he can say look at jenkins lockdown these juco receivers. Or look how good Gilmore is at tackling. Its just kind of strange that he would emphasize that before releasing his list. No one else does that. They make their mock and take all things into account. Combine, off the field issues etc. what's real puzzling though is MoClay has the best film. Jenkins has the best talent and Gilmore had the best athleticism so I'm really intrigued to see how he explains it all. Which is what he wants lol damnit he has sucked me in!
: April 21, 2012, 08:01:28 PM buchead

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 21, 2012, 07:59:40 PM

Ronde has done it for years, just sayin.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

buchead

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 21, 2012, 08:08:10 PM

The value of the safety position will go up because of these TEs. Not necessarily tall corners. Safeties with fluid hips that can cover are going to be a commodity. The only reason there isn't going to be a big run on safties this year is because there just isn't that many good ones. Teams have always liked bigger corners because WR on the out side are usually above 6 ft while the average corner is 5'10.

#28 : April 21, 2012, 08:08:14 PM

From the slot.......

That might be Wright's forte next season.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 21, 2012, 08:09:07 PM

Ronde plays a lot of slot. Hes not covering TEs from the edge
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Highly-respected draftnik...."Claiborne is my 3rd rated CB in the draft" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools