Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Kalil « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

snicker24

Starter
#30 : April 23, 2012, 12:03:34 AM

I am choking on smoke. They probably didn't get the trade offer they wanted when it appeared 100% that they were taking Kalil so now they're just tossing around more options to see if anyone is willing to bite to ensure they get Claiborne or Richardson.

snicker24

Starter
#31 : April 23, 2012, 12:09:09 AM

If the Talib trade rumors are true I imagine that the FO is praying to God that Claiborne is available at that 5th pick. (Because seriously, if you take Talib out of the secondary the Bucs are the Vikings.)

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 23, 2012, 12:15:47 AM

Penn is a top 10 LT in this league. If Mo and Trent are gone by 5 then yea okay go BPA. But if I am Dominick I trade out of that pick in a heartbeat, even if the value is not what you would want.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#33 : April 23, 2012, 12:18:19 AM

He has worked the right side before, and something tells me he might beat out Trueblood, so its not like our 1st is going to ride pine until Penn turns to junk.

I don't really like Penn.   I say play Kalil at left tackle and let Penn try to battle Trueblood for the right tackle spot.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 23, 2012, 12:19:45 AM

This has to be a smoke screen. They have to make it seem like they aren't interested in Kalil to drive up the value of the 3rd pick. If the season started, they would have Charlie Johnson at LT again and he was one of the worst in the league last year. Not buying for even a minute that Kalil wont be the pick.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

HolyBuc

Starter
#35 : April 23, 2012, 12:22:43 AM

The best LT's Joe Thomas and Jake Long happen to play for teams that haven't been able to get a quality QB.  Don't be fooled if taking out a QB makes you a game changer DE then protecting them makes you a game changer.  Actually not a game changer a "season changer" cause if your good QB  gets injured so does your season.  I would argue in today's NFL the whole OL or the whole DL one of those better be "elite".   For argument sake an elite QB ( Rodgers, Brees, Brady) can make decent lines look good.  Ponder is not elite they would be foolish to pass.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 23, 2012, 12:23:02 AM

This has to be a smoke screen. They have to make it seem like they aren't interested in Kalil to drive up the value of the 3rd pick. If the season started, they would have Charlie Johnson at LT again and he was one of the worst in the league last year. Not buying for even a minute that Kalil wont be the pick.

Luck is going #1, RG3 is going #2.   Why would they need a smoke screen to disguise who they want at #3?    They don't.   

awitron

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 23, 2012, 01:15:16 AM

Luck is going #1, RG3 is going #2.   Why would they need a smoke screen to disguise who they want at #3?    They don't.

The #3 pick has more value if the Vikings are a threat to pick Claiborne or Blackmon instead of being a lock for just Kalil.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 23, 2012, 01:33:41 AM

Well played..... I think I am the only one that will get that right there.

:) #genx #ilovethe80's

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#39 : April 23, 2012, 01:49:23 AM

Geeze, you think they want to trade down?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 23, 2012, 01:50:12 AM

I think all teams 3 through 5 want to trade down.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#41 : April 23, 2012, 01:52:05 AM

I think all teams 3 through 5 want to trade down.
You might be right

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#42 : April 23, 2012, 02:57:25 AM

oline doesn't seem like something spectacular; but, look at the Redskins last year; they're oline was great; but, they had no Qb; if they had a Qb they would have been quite hard to deal with(note, we have a Qb); get a really dominant oline, and almost anybody can run behind it(hint, Vick Ballard or Chris Polk; because almost nobody is that excited about them, we can trade down the second rounder, get more picks, and find more players). Dominating the trenches helps all concerned behind them(whether O or D players); i can't believe this lesson hasn't been ingrained in nfl people yet!

Dire Straits - Ride Across The River,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4T1MQGTV9U

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 23, 2012, 03:09:04 AM

Leslie Frazier is a terrible coach.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 23, 2012, 03:16:06 AM

The best LT's Joe Thomas and Jake Long happen to play for teams that haven't been able to get a quality QB.  Don't be fooled if taking out a QB makes you a game changer DE then protecting them makes you a game changer.  Actually not a game changer a "season changer" cause if your good QB  gets injured so does your season.  I would argue in today's NFL the whole OL or the whole DL one of those better be "elite".   For argument sake an elite QB ( Rodgers, Brees, Brady) can make decent lines look good.  Ponder is not elite they would be foolish to pass.

Good points. A week ago I would have agreed that Kalil was the easy choice but think he is a little overrated and agree with Fraziers take. A game changer in the secondary in that division is huge. You can draft a OT in the second, get creative with the TEs and RBs to help out the oline if you have to, their passing game is still going to be bad with Kalil.. If they think Mo can be a shut down corner then why would they pass on him? I stand by the all you need is a good OT to win, a shut down corner in a division where they barely run the ball holds more value. All indications seem like the Vikings think Mo is, add in he is a special teams beast and their secondary is horrible it would be foolish for them to pass that up.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Kalil « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools