Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Aqib trade rumors (From Minny) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#15 : April 22, 2012, 11:51:41 PM

Funny thing is the Vikings need corners badly in their division and having Talib and Claiborne on their team would be a damn good start. This Bucs team needs dynamic playmakers.....it was evident more than anything last season. The Packers, Patriots, Saints and many of the other good teams from last year give up a crap ton of big plays as well and don't have particularly great play from their secondary, but they have a bunch of explosive playmakers on their team to make up for it. Grab Trent Richardson instead of letting it be Calvin Johnson 2.0. Claiborne isn't Revis...he's not going to change our entire defense. But having a two headed monster of Richardson and Blount behind a line of 3 potential Pro-Bowlers plus Freeman throwing to V-Jax, Mike Williams, Rejus, Winslow and Stocker has a chance to be extremely dangerous. All I know is if we pair TR and Blount we automatically might have the best running game in the entire league, while adding Claiborne would just make one part of our secondary potentially a little bit better.

What is that?

yungbull

Starter
#16 : April 22, 2012, 11:56:01 PM

I'd say Schiano did a hell of a job covering the story up, plus providing good feedback for Talib's camp performance to up seems to be a good way to up his stock.

snicker24

Starter
#17 : April 22, 2012, 11:57:35 PM

The Bucs better not trade Talib. This is literally the worst time to do so. He's about to go on trial. If the Bucs sign him to an extension mid-season and then try and trade him after next season that would make more sense. He's way too good a player to trade for less than a second round pick.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 23, 2012, 12:02:58 AM

The Bucs better not trade Talib. This is literally the worst time to do so. He's about to go on trial. If the Bucs sign him to an extension mid-season and then try and trade him after next season that would make more sense. He's way too good a player to trade for less than a second round pick.

I'd trade him to move up 2 spots

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

snicker24

Starter
#19 : April 23, 2012, 12:12:26 AM

You would seriously trade the team's best defensive player(probably best player overall) to move up two picks!?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 23, 2012, 12:12:59 AM

Wouldn't be surprised...  this coaching staff  is giving the appearance of knowing Exactly what it wants....

And Dom is rubbing off on Schiano, it appears.

Becoming quite the experts at standing if front of reporters and LYING.  (Zing!)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 23, 2012, 12:16:23 AM

I don't think he'll be traded to move up from #5 to #3, but it wouldn't shock me if we drafted a corner early and then used Talib to move up in a later round to get a guy we like.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 23, 2012, 12:20:10 AM

Funny thing is the Vikings need corners badly in their division and having Talib and Claiborne on their team would be a damn good start. This Bucs team needs dynamic playmakers.....it was evident more than anything last season. The Packers, Patriots, Saints and many of the other good teams from last year give up a crap ton of big plays as well and don't have particularly great play from their secondary, but they have a bunch of explosive playmakers on their team to make up for it. Grab Trent Richardson instead of letting it be Calvin Johnson 2.0. Claiborne isn't Revis...he's not going to change our entire defense. But having a two headed monster of Richardson and Blount behind a line of 3 potential Pro-Bowlers plus Freeman throwing to V-Jax, Mike Williams, Rejus, Winslow and Stocker has a chance to be extremely dangerous. All I know is if we pair TR and Blount we automatically might have the best running game in the entire league, while adding Claiborne would just make one part of our secondary potentially a little bit better.

Well said.  I say fixing one side of the ball this offseason, then fix the other next offseason would be the best plan. The offense is the easiest to upgrade as it already was better than the defense. The defense isn't going to improve much "because Caliborne is there," but rather a whole new group and better coaching. That, all in all, isn't going to happen until next offseason regardless of what any fan wants.

My problem with Claiborne is that he's 5'11 188 (and scored a four on the Wonderlic). If you look at the competition in the NFC South, he's NOT "the guy." Roddy White is 6'0 211lbs. Julio Jones is 6'3 220lbs. Colston is 6'4 225lbs. In fact, the only #1 Wr he's physically comparable to in the NFC South is Steve Smith or maybe Henderson from the Saints. Every other WR out there towers over Claiborne, even our own WR's (VJ 6'5 230 MW 6'1 212).

Every other cornerback in the NFC South gets burnt, and ironically, they're nearly all comparable to Claiborne's stature and speed. I honestly don't think he would make that much of an impact on any team outside the AFC West. The Best he, and possibly Tampa fans could hope for is Dunta Robinson-like production and I'm not so sure that's worth the #5 overall.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 23, 2012, 12:20:27 AM

I don't think he'll be traded to move up from #5 to #3, but it wouldn't shock me if we drafted a corner early and then used Talib to move up in a later round to get a guy we like.

this makes the most sense

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 23, 2012, 12:22:28 AM

You would seriously trade the team's best defensive player(probably best player overall) to move up two picks!?

Personally, i'd like to keep Talib but if the powers that be have decided to move on from him, i'd much rather get something in return rather than just cut him.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 23, 2012, 12:23:50 AM

Well said.  I say fixing one side of the ball this offseason, then fix the other next offseason would be the best plan. The offense is the easiest to upgrade as it already was better than the defense. The defense isn't going to improve much "because Caliborne is there," but rather a whole new group and better coaching. That, all in all, isn't going to happen until next offseason regardless of what any fan wants.

My problem with Claiborne is that he's 5'11 188 (and scored a four on the Wonderlic). If you look at the competition in the NFC South, he's NOT "the guy." Roddy White is 6'0 211lbs. Julio Jones is 6'3 220lbs. Colston is 6'4 225lbs. In fact, the only #1 Wr he's physically comparable to in the NFC South is Steve Smith or maybe Henderson from the Saints. Every other WR out there towers over Claiborne, even our own WR's (VJ 6'5 230 MW 6'1 212).

Every other cornerback in the NFC South gets burnt, and ironically, they're nearly all comparable to Claiborne's stature and speed. I honestly don't think he would make that much of an impact on any team outside the AFC West. The Best he, and possibly Tampa fans could hope for is Dunta Robinson-like production and I'm not so sure that's worth the #5 overall.

Claiborne matches up well with taller CBs because of his freakishly long arms

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#26 : April 23, 2012, 12:25:16 AM

If they get rid of Talib, that's a step in the right direction.

They also need to get rid of Blount, Winslow, and move on from Freeman.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 23, 2012, 12:37:18 AM

Talib has never even made a probowl or played an entire season for that matter. You act as if we are shopping a supremely elite player. Talib has had his moments but if you watch every single game the guy has played he has just a many good games as bad ones.
: April 23, 2012, 12:39:49 AM buchead

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 23, 2012, 12:45:37 AM

Claiborne matches up well with taller CBs because of his freakishly long arms

Arm length isn't going to stop him from getting overpowered, ran over, or help jock for positioning before the throw. It's what cornerbacks in this division have already been doing for awhile now.

Just look at the best CB in the NFC South and hope Claiborne becomes that good.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

snicker24

Starter
#29 : April 23, 2012, 12:47:42 AM

Personally, i'd like to keep Talib but if the powers that be have decided to move on from him, i'd much rather get something in return rather than just cut him.
Thank goodness! This makes more sense.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Aqib trade rumors (From Minny) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools