Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Allen had made the trade, there's a chance he and Gruden would still be there « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#45 : April 22, 2012, 11:09:41 PM

Gruden had multiple bromances , that's beside the point.

I don't think Gruden would have met privately with Rodgers in Cali , and then called him two days before the draft to say "we're picking you" unless he believed it. There would be no reason to say it as a smokescreen because there was never any danger of Caddy being off the board if that's who they really wanted all along.  It was also all done in complete secret .

It's clear to me what happened if you read between the lines. Someone either talked Gruden out of it or flat-out over-ruled him - it happened with Calvin , why not here.

Gruden , who won in Oakland with old Rich Gannon and won a Super Bowl with the Bull and wanted nothing to do with Sims and had guys like Griese and Garcia -- that Jon Gruden wanted Rodgers?  You don't think Gruen thought he could win with any VETERAN QB?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 23, 2012, 07:09:42 AM

Ok , so it's clear that the Gruden haters have it etched in thier minds that Gruden was a pathological liar who only liked old players . Nothing is going to change anyone's mind so I see this debate is pointless to even have.

Fact is we'll never know what really happened , all we can do is speculate.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#47 : April 23, 2012, 08:35:51 AM

Ok , so it's clear that the Gruden haters have it etched in thier minds that Gruden was a pathological liar......

Its not just posters here, there are former players that feel the same.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 23, 2012, 10:12:41 AM

Ok , so it's clear that the Gruden haters have it etched in thier minds that Gruden was a pathological liar who only liked old players . Nothing is going to change anyone's mind so I see this debate is pointless to even have.

Fact is we'll never know what really happened , all we can do is speculate.
I'm pretty sure it's acknowledged he told Mike Williams he'd be the pick, too, so it's pretty clear he didn't just give his heart to Rodgers. He was playing all the angles.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#49 : April 23, 2012, 10:16:54 AM

Kind of like Raheem telling Luke McCown he would get a chance to start for the Bucs in 2009 so McCown will sign with the team, then he drafts a QB in the first round, signs a longterm vet, and trades McCown to the Jags?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#50 : April 23, 2012, 12:51:24 PM

Kind of like Raheem telling Luke McCown he would get a chance to start for the Bucs in 2009 so McCown will sign with the team, then he drafts a QB in the first round, signs a longterm vet, and trades McCown to the Jags?
McCown didn't become a Super Bowl winner and MVP. If you're going to lie to a player, lie to a scrub, like McCown.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#51 : April 23, 2012, 01:17:42 PM

This is what you morons fell for:

"He told me at the Pro Bowl,"Don't worry about the contract,"
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/08/28/news_pf/Bucs/McCardell__Bucs_decli.shtml

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#52 : April 23, 2012, 01:42:37 PM

And let's not forget the other "witness," - Keyshawn, who got his ass kicked off the team.

The only way anyone ever bought into this obvious pile of crap is because it fit their agenda. It got repeated endlessly by some of our more exceptionally stupid members until the sheep considered it "common knowledge." The level of idiocy around here can be astounding at times.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Allen had made the trade, there's a chance he and Gruden would still be there « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools