Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We are not drafting Trent Richardson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #30 : April 23, 2012, 10:39:02 PM »

We ARE drafting TRENT RICHARDSON!!

[taps crystal ball] ...hello?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #31 : April 23, 2012, 10:52:30 PM »

The more I think about it, the more I want to trade down and take Barron. Great LBs and RBs can be had in the second round.
I think you are letting that jersey nuclear waste water get to your head JBF. Barron is good but only at 36th overall would I consider him.

Honestly..I think Harrison Smith will be a better pro.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

« #32 : April 23, 2012, 10:58:37 PM »

What makes you say that? 

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #33 : April 23, 2012, 11:00:00 PM »

Please stop posting about wanting this guy .... it just wont happen so lets move on.. please! This team needs defense to win games period, we have blount and last i watched tape he was pretty good despite our terrible guard and center getting blown up on 60% of plays... people just go back and watch the games ... blount will have a break out year this year and make us all forget about TR. One other reason to watch the tapes would be to see biggers horrible ability to cover any one! We need and will draft Claiborne if available if not trade down !!! lets just move on from TR we can get a change of pace back in the second !!

The magic 8 ball reads- "try asking again later."

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #34 : April 23, 2012, 11:01:58 PM »

The more I think about it, the more I want to trade down and take Barron. Great LBs and RBs can be had in the second round.
I think you are letting that jersey nuclear waste water get to your head JBF. Barron is good but only at 36th overall would I consider him.
Barron is around the 15th-best player in this draft. He'd be worth it if we traded down with the Eagles or someone around 15.

Considering they basically have the same grade and the drop off is greater at Safety I would take Barron. From what ive seen a few people post on here about the importance of the safety in Schiano's defense and the gaping hole we have there Barron should be the pick.

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
« #35 : April 23, 2012, 11:03:24 PM »

Well this frees me up thursday night to watch Swamp people with the wife, thanks a million!

Choot em!

LOL oh that's a big sonagun
gad looka da.. Tree shaka tree shaka!

Tree shaka! Lmao

Mudda Fricka!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #36 : April 23, 2012, 11:04:44 PM »

What makes you say that?

They are almost identical in athleticism and size...but Harrison Smith seems like just a complete animal in run defense and is pretty solid against the pass...Smith seems like he has a higher motor.

There are times in which Barron seems hesitant.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #37 : April 23, 2012, 11:15:25 PM »

Well this frees me up thursday night to watch Swamp people with the wife, thanks a million!

Choot em!

LOL oh that's a big sonagun
gad looka da.. Tree shaka tree shaka!

Tree shaka! Lmao

Mudda Fricka!

Tree Shaka? We gotta tree breaka Clint!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

« #38 : April 23, 2012, 11:18:31 PM »

They are almost identical in athleticism and size...but Harrison Smith seems like just a complete animal in run defense and is pretty solid against the pass...Smith seems like he has a higher motor.

There are times in which Barron seems hesitant.

I like them both quite a bit.  Neither is an elite athlete, but both are very good.  Both are long arm body types (Mark's a bit longer).  Mark looks like the more explosive short burst runner in pads (and the more explosive tackler).  He made more "wow" athletic plays that I saw.  I think both have above average ball skills, but watching Harrison a bunch of the ints he got in college were flat horrible throws.  Both look like pretty heady players.  I would put Mark clearly above Harrison on my board, but if by some miracle Harrison was still available when we pick in the second I would be thrilled to get him.  I would probably agree though that Smith at say 30 is a better value then Barron at 12. 

I have a hard time deciding whether I'd rather have Barron and David or Kuechly and Smith.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #39 : April 24, 2012, 12:39:44 AM »

It's been said multiple times recently that when the Bucs have had a top 5 pick, the phone hasn't rang once with a trade offer.

Actually... Yes, it has.  There was an article on the teams home site last year that gave a pretty kickass break down of both "the good" and "the bad."  I'll take a quick look, but I'm not like Morg.  I can't pull links out of the thin air like that dude can.  It's kida scary, but I digress.

The Bucs have made draft day trades when holding a top 5 pick (or thereabouts).

Traded our '91 (or maybe '92...?) that ended up being a #2 to the Colts for "Chandelier."  It sucked doubly - being it was a conditional pick.  When "the condition" you're in is Suckville, population The Bucs Roster, it really blows to lose a 2-spot selection when you've traded it away.

The coup de grâce was obviously the '95 draft when we pulled the "drop back from 7th to 12th with the Iggles" to "settle" for that damned stoner named Sapp, and then traded back up to get Brooks.  Nuff said on that one.

In the late '90s - we made a couple of trades with the Chargers that I am pretty sure involved pretty high 1st rounders.  I'm not sure they were top-5's, and I can't even recall it the 1st rounders that were high - were ours, or theirs.

But I think the point I'm getting at is pretty clear...  The Bucs have historically been agressive when it comes to draft day trades.

Side note... Can't remember for sure, but I think one of the two 1st rounders we gave the Cowboys for Keyshawn was a high 1st rounder too.

I will say this...

Please, for the love of God....  Do not trade down.  The last draft pick we picked up that ended up being Pro Bowl caliber was Davin Joseph.  Hell, before that it was Martín Gramática.

Can we PLEASE grow a HUGE pair of balls and shock the world...  and our fans...  and the rest of the NFL...  by doing "whatever it takes"...  without being so wussyfied as to just "sit back and just hope and pray" that he's still available...  and if he's not - take Einstein the CB...  and PLEASE get us the guy that's has got to be the odd's on favorite to have a shot a greatness...  Because...

WE ARE DRAFTING TRENT RICHARDSON !!!

(My bigger, badder, bolder, all-cap message kicks your all-cap message's ass........)

Mr. Dominik, we have sent one of our very own to pick you up for the trip to the war room at One Bucs Place.  We simply refer to him as "Skull", and after a few short minutes it will be pretty obvious we don't call him that due to the contents behind that protruberant Cromagnon brow  ...  If ya get my drift.  He's simply a wheel-man, but his real purpose is purely one of inspiration.  He'll be backed into your driveway on Thursday afternoon.  Please excuse his mouthbreathing.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #40 : April 24, 2012, 12:49:04 AM »

Side note... Can't remember for sure, but I think one of the two 1st rounders we gave the Cowboys for Keyshawn was a high 1st rounder too.

Was the Jets..not the Cowboys. We traded Keyshawn to the Cowboys for Galloway..straight up.

To your overall point...we should stay at 5...if TR gets past the Brownies...then he should be considered...I wouldnt be upset if he is picked...at all.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #41 : April 24, 2012, 01:02:39 AM »

Was the Jets..not the Cowboys. We traded Keyshawn to the Cowboys for Galloway..straight up.

To your overall point...we should stay at 5...if TR gets past the Brownies...then he should be considered...I wouldnt be upset if he is picked...at all.

Thx chace...  I'm a VOG...  and I'm a bit buzzed.  The mamory ain't what it used to be, know what I mean?  Of course not - you're a young cat.

I'm all for staying put at the 5-spot, but I REALLY want to see TRich in pewter and red.

The ironic thing is this... I normally would be all for snagging the best CB available, especially given the Bucs need for one, but - I am so leery about MoMo just not being all that he's advertised to be.

ANY other time - I'd stick to the convetional wisdom, as of late, and seek RB help in later rounds.

My preference, given the current state of our roster...  Trade pick and pick up additional talent.

Unfortunately, there's a dude name TR that just makes me want to see us throw caution to the wind and take a risk on him.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #42 : April 24, 2012, 01:07:20 AM »

It's been said multiple times recently that when the Bucs have had a top 5 pick, the phone hasn't rang once with a trade offer.

Actually... Yes, it has.  There was an article on the teams home site last year that gave a pretty kickass break down of both "the good" and "the bad."  I'll take a quick look, but I'm not like Morg.  I can't pull links out of the thin air like that dude can.  It's kida scary, but I digress.

The Bucs have made draft day trades when holding a top 5 pick (or thereabouts).

Traded our '91 (or maybe '92...?) that ended up being a #2 to the Colts for "Chandelier."  It sucked doubly - being it was a conditional pick.  When "the condition" you're in is Suckville, population The Bucs Roster, it really blows to lose a 2-spot selection when you've traded it away.

The coup de grâce was obviously the '95 draft when we pulled the "drop back from 7th to 12th with the Iggles" to "settle" for that damned stoner named Sapp, and then traded back up to get Brooks.  Nuff said on that one.

In the late '90s - we made a couple of trades with the Chargers that I am pretty sure involved pretty high 1st rounders.  I'm not sure they were top-5's, and I can't even recall it the 1st rounders that were high - were ours, or theirs.

But I think the point I'm getting at is pretty clear...  The Bucs have historically been agressive when it comes to draft day trades.

I will say this...

Please, for the love of God....  Do not trade down.  The last draft pick we picked up that ended up being Pro Bowl caliber was Davin Joseph.  Hell, before that it was Martín Gramática.

Can we PLEASE grow a HUGE pair of balls and shock the world...  and our fans...  and the rest of the NFL...  by doing "whatever it takes"...  without being so wussyfied as to just "sit back and just hope and pray" that he's still available...  and if he's not - take Einstein the CB...  and PLEASE get us the guy that's has got to be the odd's on favorite to have a shot a greatness...  Because...

WE ARE DRAFTING TRENT RICHARDSON !!!

(My bigger, badder, bolder, all-cap message kicks your all-cap message's ass........)

Mr. Dominik, we have sent one of our very own to pick you up for the trip to the war room at One Bucs Place.  We simply refer to him as "Skull", and after a few short minutes it will be pretty obvious we don't call him that due to the contents behind that protruberant Cromagnon brow  ...  If ya get my drift.  He's simply a wheel-man, but his real purpose is purely one of inspiration.  He'll be backed into your driveway on Thursday afternoon.  Please excuse his mouthbreathing.

I AGREE!  8) 8) 8) 8)'

TR!!!!!!!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #43 : April 24, 2012, 01:28:38 AM »

Thx chace...  I'm a VOG...  and I'm a bit buzzed.  The mamory ain't what it used to be, know what I mean?  Of course not - you're a young cat.

I'm all for staying put at the 5-spot, but I REALLY want to see TRich in pewter and red.

The ironic thing is this... I normally would be all for snagging the best CB available, especially given the Bucs need for one, but - I am so leery about MoMo just not being all that he's advertised to be.

ANY other time - I'd stick to the convetional wisdom, as of late, and seek RB help in later rounds.

My preference, given the current state of our roster...  Trade pick and pick up additional talent.

Unfortunately, there's a dude name TR that just makes me want to see us throw caution to the wind and take a risk on him.

How about you just join me over here on Team Kuechly...we have T-shirts...

...its one drunk/buzzed decision you wont regret....

..and our initiation requires no sniffing of jocks...

:P

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #44 : April 24, 2012, 02:15:31 AM »

How about you just join me over here on Team Kuechly...we have T-shirts...

...its one drunk/buzzed decision you wont regret....

..and our initiation requires no sniffing of jocks...

:P

Keeks is another guy I'm kind of freaked about.  I have a feeling he'll either be a complete beast, or...  Ruud 2.0

Every year before the draft I do watch a pant-load of vids I can find, and I've watched plenty on the kid.

I just see a ton of plays where the guy runs down runners or QBs from behind for the most part.

I want a MLB to have the ability to be a factor in the pass rushing game as well, and that doesn't appear to be a strong point in the kid's game.  Not saying he can't do it.

I'm just leery on the guy.  Probably my biggest "gut feeling #3" in this years crop of draftees.

If I KNEW we could pick up Martin, Wilson, LMJ, or even Pead - I would probably jump off the TRich bandwagon in a heartbeat...

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We are not drafting Trent Richardson « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools