Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne or ____________ + An Extra 2nd Round Pick...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 23, 2012, 10:32:14 PM

Claiborne or Richardson.

I honestly don't see any other outcome.

Dom might be thinking TR has a little too much wear or the surgically repaired knee isn't quite right. We did have Caddy afterall, so it could make him think twice about pulling the trigger on a RB so high. Although I believe the Bucs should do everything in their power to draft Richardson, Dom might not agree with that philosophy.

However, they haven't exactly shown Blount the love (money/long contract), so I'm not sure Dom would be against drafting Trent. Then, you have to figure Schiano might not want Blount. I've read a few harsh things as "Blount won't like TR here" to "Blount has to earn his spot" to "Fumble, and I don't care who you are, you're out!" It doesn't help that Blount has an unfair opinion of him being a bad pass catcher, bad GL back, and someone who can't block when he barely was allowed to touch the ball last season.

Claiborne himself has his troubles as a draftee. Average size, weight, and the wonderlic isn't his BFF. We can say the guy is one of the top CB's in draft, no question. Thing is, is Schiano willing to let him slip by, just because of a bad test? Besides that, Schiano has his former coach on tap, which he can get some "inside" info from. If the green light is given, depending on how valid Dom and Schiano think Claiborne's ex coach is, maybe they just go ahead and take him.

I would rather go with a more physical corner in Gilmore, out of all the corners in the draft. I believe it will translate well in today's NFL WR's (his skillset that is). Morris is, at the very least going to be a "ok" corner. Which, I remind everyone, is better than what the Buccaneers have right now in unreliable, toasteee, and Aquib "the nose" Talib!

Pretty much either pick (and including Kalil) will be an improvement. Trading down sounds like something that would be profitable in the long run, but do you do that sort of thing right after a horrible season? If you're Dom, you know you're at least close to the hot-seat, so do you really take the chance at trading down?

I don't think Dom would take that chance myself. Unless the payout is massive.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne or ____________ + An Extra 2nd Round Pick...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools