Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McShay: League sources tells me Vikings will take Claiborne « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 24, 2012, 03:12:26 PM

KALIL!!!!!

WOOO my favorite prospect in the whole draft possibly falling to us!

Why can't it be Thursday already!!!!!
While he isn't my favorite, there will be absolutely NO excuses for poor line play if Kalil is on board.  The BUcs will potentially have the absolute best O-line on paper, and it isn't even close IMO.

Free will have time to throw, the run game will flourish with Blount mashing people, and The Lid Killah (Vincent Jackson) will keep things honest for everyone underneath.

Trueblood is indeed an issue, so Kalil DOES make sense on many levels.

I wouldn't be ecstatic if we get Kalil, but I wouldn't be upset.

It isn't a sexy pick at all, but a very valuable one.
This team needs beef and potatoes...not sexyness.

I will take a franchise LT all day everyday over a RB.

I am still in the camp that we don't need a feature back. WE need a change of pace back...and that will be available in the second round.

Mateen

Starter

#16 : April 24, 2012, 03:13:11 PM

Minnesota runs a Cover 2 -- you don't need ELITE corners for that scheme.

Also, there hasn't been a corner drafted in the top 3 since 1997!!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 24, 2012, 03:14:31 PM

Since Ponder, I've just pegged the Vikings front office as idiots. I don't expect them to apply very much logic to their selection.

And that's why they will be making a top 5 pick again next year, hopefully this time to fill their need at LT.

This draft is deeeep in Tackles.   Just not elite ones.

//

and FWIW - I still am concerned about Kalil's run blocking.    Is there a transferrence of that talent from his brother?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 24, 2012, 03:15:38 PM

KALIL! TR!!!

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 24, 2012, 03:15:42 PM

Dolorous isn't in on this thread yet? Probably read it and went to masturbate in front of his Richardson poster while tears of joy run down his face.
: April 24, 2012, 03:20:56 PM buchead

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 24, 2012, 03:15:49 PM

I'm such a huge fan of Kalil, but if he falls to 5, the phones won't stop ringing. If we are seriously looking to trade out of 5, Kalil is the player that gets us the value we are probably looking for (I think people are going to offer a king's ransom for that opportunity)

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 24, 2012, 03:16:39 PM

KALIL!!!!!

While he isn't my favorite, there will be absolutely NO excuses for poor line play if Kalil is on board.  The BUcs will potentially have the absolute best O-line on paper, and it isn't even close IMO.

Free will have time to throw, the run game will flourish with Blount mashing people, and The Lid Killah (Vincent Jackson) will keep things honest for everyone underneath.

I am still in the camp that we don't need a feature back. WE need a change of pace back...and that will be available in the second round.

Me too. If we do take Kalil. Id worry a little less about who we put with Blount as long as hes not Lumpkin. I just hope we would address defense soon. Like 2nd round soon. Draft David if we draft Kalil. Then go get a back in the 3rd. Team instantly improved over last year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 24, 2012, 03:17:29 PM

KALIL!!!!!

You are preaching to the preacher, man.

I get what you are diggin on brother.  I think a beast O-line is important as all hell.  Trenchwork is the most grimy, boring thing, but you notice when it isn't good, and it screws up everything if it isn't.  So yeah, not sexy, but a good pick that would tell you that the team should have no issues up front.  A lot of cheddar going to the beefy ones in front.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 24, 2012, 03:17:36 PM

Dolorous isn't in on this thread yet? Probably read it and went to masturbate in front of his Richardson poster while years of joy run down his face.

Those aren't tears.........

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 24, 2012, 03:18:09 PM

Dolorous isn't in on this thread yet? Probably read it and went to masturbate in front of his Richardson poster while years of joy run down his face.

Those aren't tears.........
BWAAA HA HA HA!

ZING!!

(and so damned true)

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 24, 2012, 03:19:11 PM

Who cares what McShay says. Shefter has been saying for it weeks, and what smoke screen are the Vikings really trying to accomplish. They are just prepping their fans to lessen any backlash from those who wanted Kalil.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 24, 2012, 03:20:01 PM

Schefter has been VERY wrong befoe.  He is not rock solid on isht.

I love when he was absolutely cetain Favre was going to be a Buc...and he was dead wrong.  I have never forgiven him for that...

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#27 : April 24, 2012, 03:24:08 PM

Who is Minnesota's LT?

Charlie Johnson? LOL

buchead

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 24, 2012, 03:24:34 PM

Since Ponder, I've just pegged the Vikings front office as idiots. I don't expect them to apply very much logic to their selection.

And that's why they will be making a top 5 pick again next year, hopefully this time to fill their need at LT.

This draft is deeeep in Tackles.   Just not elite ones.

//

and FWIW - I still am concerned about Kalil's run blocking.    Is there a transferrence of that talent from his brother?
picking the best CB in the draft is not a bad move if you take a look around their division.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 24, 2012, 03:26:06 PM

Who is Minnesota's LT?

Charlie Johnson? LOL

Exactly.

I think Schefter and a lot of these other media guys enjoy being a big part of this draft by being the ones reporting these "smokescreens". They dont know what the hell is gonna happen. All they do is report what these coaches tell them and they arent telling them what their real plans are. Thats just stupid and nobody buys it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McShay: League sources tells me Vikings will take Claiborne « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools