Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade interest for No. 3 'really heated up' over last 24 hours « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 24, 2012, 10:41:27 PM

Whether or not the Vikings can sucker someone into making that offer -- and throwing in their dessert too -- remains to be seen. But they're certainly trying.

Take note Buc fans.

No one is a sucker if they go out and get their guy. That's a farce.

(Well ok, ..maybe the skins)

At what price though?   Give away the whole draft for one guy?  When the team needs so many new players.   Even the 6 new guys we get this weekend won't be enough.

The price would probably be a third.

Big whoop really for an elite player.

Dom is the frickin' man if he does this imo.

We are not one player away. Not a good trade for us.

Yes it is. We haven't gotten crap in the third for awhile now, so I can't see a better use for it anyway.

Besides, Dom is still going to go out and get his waiver wire hopefuls and 2nd wave of FA (which is still better than the lower portion of this draft imho).

Then you also have to factor in that Blount might not be with the Bucs with, or without TR (as he's only signed on for this season). Bringing in TR would ensure one of the two stays and is legitimate when the other goes, makes the offense elite, and would put the fear of god into the opposition everytime the offense has the ball.

So yes, I would sacrifice a third (maybe a second) to do all of that in one quick move.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 24, 2012, 10:59:46 PM

Whether or not the Vikings can sucker someone into making that offer -- and throwing in their dessert too -- remains to be seen. But they're certainly trying.

Take note Buc fans.

At what price though?   Give away the whole draft for one guy?  When the team needs so many new players.   Even the 6 new guys we get this weekend won't be enough.

Yes it is. We haven't gotten crap in the third for awhile now, so I can't see a better use for it anyway.

Besides, Dom is still going to go out and get his waiver wire hopefuls and 2nd wave of FA (which is still better than the lower portion of this draft imho).

Then you also have to factor in that Blount might not be with the Bucs with, or without TR (as he's only signed on for this season). Bringing in TR would ensure one of the two stays and is legitimate when the other goes, makes the offense elite, and would put the fear of god into the opposition everytime the offense has the ball.

So yes, I would sacrifice a third (maybe a second) to do all of that in one quick move.
I'll puke if Dom trades a second to move up and take TR, and I like TR.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 25, 2012, 07:17:23 AM

Take note Buc fans.

That last 3rd rounder we've had that actually made an impact on this team was probably Ronde Barber 15 years ago. We're more likely to get another Myron Lewis than another Ronde Barber.

So I agree , who cares if we lose one third rounder. Pull the trigger Dom !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 25, 2012, 08:24:17 AM

I don't think the price is a 2nd.

Maybe a third and/or a player is the highest price tag I'd be happy with...

Anything else is too much and it would take me about .3 seconds to write down Kuechly's name at 5 on the draft card if we stay at 5.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#19 : April 25, 2012, 08:56:15 AM

I hope you all realize that this report was put out solely to get the Bucs to butter up their existing offer even though they don't have to. The Browns have way too many holes to be giving up any draft picks at this point for a RB. I've said all along their best option is to grab Blackmon and Fleener with their two 1sts and Martin with their 2nd. That way they fill all 3 of their biggest holes on offense in just the first two rounds alone. This report to me sends strong signals that the Bucs have already made an offer and will trade up to #3. No other team but the Bucs or Browns would be trying to move up to the 3 spot for Richardson. If a 3rd rounder is the best they can get they'll have to take it since they're still going to be able to get their guy at 5. I'd think any team would rather get a 3rd rounder pretty much for free than get nothing at all.
: April 25, 2012, 08:59:46 AM ctrombetta

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 25, 2012, 10:51:00 PM

I don't think the price is a 2nd.

Maybe a third and/or a player is the highest price tag I'd be happy with...

Anything else is too much and it would take me about .3 seconds to write down Kuechly's name at 5 on the draft card if we stay at 5.

I'm not against drafting Kuechly if TR is gone. Also, I don't think the trade up would go so high as a 2nd, but idk if two thirds would be out of the question either. That being the highest it could get imo.

Mainly,I just want them to stay far away from Claiborne. He's obviously a Buccaneer-like pick (something wrong w/the guy predraft) and that's not good.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 25, 2012, 10:56:43 PM

Tired of eating cubed steak.... time for some Filet Mignon!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 25, 2012, 10:59:42 PM

Could it be the year you finally get what you want?? Might be!

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#23 : April 25, 2012, 11:13:29 PM

If we trade up for TR it would be the most epic fail in the history of mankind. If we stay at 5 and draft TR it would be the sequel, to the most epic fail in the history of mankind.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 25, 2012, 11:15:36 PM

Could it be the year you finally get what you want?? Might be!
Better get used to eating cubed steak, as you call it.

Claiborne is a stud. 

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 25, 2012, 11:17:21 PM

If we trade up for TR it would be the most epic fail in the history of mankind. If we stay at 5 and draft TR it would be the sequel, to the most epic fail in the history of mankind.

Go overboard much?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 25, 2012, 11:22:59 PM

Go overboard much?
Maybe, but the point ismade at least.

Bucs need more than a running back in round 1.  They need defense!  I would prefer to not watch the BUCS give up 30 at the half.  That just took the air out of my love for the Bucs.  I could not root for a team of quitters, whiners, and quitters.  I hate quitters who have no pride in what they do.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#27 : April 26, 2012, 12:08:48 AM

Go overboard much?
Maybe, but the point ismade at least.

Bucs need more than a running back in round 1.  They need defense!  I would prefer to not watch the BUCS give up 30 at the half.  That just took the air out of my love for the Bucs.  I could not root for a team of quitters, whiners, and quitters.  I hate quitters who have no pride in what they do.
With no Defense, TR isn't going to bring us back from sh!t...I'd take him in the 2nd, or maybe after the 20th pick, but not earlier then that.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 26, 2012, 12:10:58 AM

TR is a mega talent, but as you and I both concur on, the defense is a hot mess.  I cannot stomach watching the BUcs get plowed and raped like they did last year.  I was mortified watching that crapheap assemble on the field...

And the defense got weaker.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 26, 2012, 12:15:51 AM

TR is a mega talent, but as you and I both concur on, the defense is a hot mess.  I cannot stomach watching the BUcs get plowed and raped like they did last year.  I was mortified watching that crapheap assemble on the field...

And the defense got weaker.

Boid, as a buc fan nothing hurt more than seeing that Buc defense get their asses whooped up and down the field. If this not a coaching issue and more a talent issue, they need to address defense ASAP because we do not deserve to see that as buc fans.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade interest for No. 3 'really heated up' over last 24 hours « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools