Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade interest for No. 3 'really heated up' over last 24 hours « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#30 : April 26, 2012, 12:18:49 AM

TR is a mega talent, but as you and I both concur on, the defense is a hot mess.  I cannot stomach watching the BUcs get plowed and raped like they did last year.  I was mortified watching that crapheap assemble on the field...

And the defense got weaker.

I disagree, I do believe TR is good, but he's not elite. I do agree with you in regards to our Defense, it is a hot mess. I too couldn't stomach last years missed tackles. Kuechly is tackling machine, and what we need to build a Defense. We can build around our Defensive QB.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 26, 2012, 12:56:41 AM

Haven't the Jets publicly expressed intrested in moving up to the #3 spot for TR? Im betting they are offering a lot more than a 3rd round pick to move from the 16th to the 3rd spot in this years draft.

I just hope "the rockstar" isn't dumb enough to hand over an Atlanta-esc king's ransom for ONE player, considering we aren't on the cusp of being a playoff contender. We DEFINITLEY need to come away from the first two days  this draft with a CB, S, and a LB. (And hopefully a #2 RB too!)

...Not to mention the other two glaring reasons this would be a dumb move
1.) We already have a solid starter at RB
2.) The RB position has value in each round of this years draft

There is a thread some where in the backlogs of this board entitled "What would it take to get Dom fired?".
This sort of BS, folks, is just it.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 26, 2012, 07:10:23 AM

Haven't the Jets publicly expressed intrested in moving up to the #3 spot for TR? Im betting they are offering a lot more than a 3rd round pick to move from the 16th to the 3rd spot in this years draft.

They would have to give up a lot more , because 16 is probably a lot  further back than Minnesota would prefer to go in round 1.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

cover-too

Starter

#33 : April 26, 2012, 07:31:45 AM

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/232048/report-bucs-might-consider-move-up-to-no-3

"League sources tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the Buccaneers are "very interested" in Trent Richardson, and "might consider trading up to No. 3" to secure him, ahead of the Browns."

I just hope that this report is not true.  This would make for a bad draft night.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 26, 2012, 07:41:28 AM

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/232048/report-bucs-might-consider-move-up-to-no-3

"League sources tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the Buccaneers are "very interested" in Trent Richardson, and "might consider trading up to No. 3" to secure him, ahead of the Browns."

I just hope that this report is not true.  This would make for a bad draft night.

Speak for yourself...

cover-too

Starter

#35 : April 26, 2012, 07:46:01 AM

Speak for yourself...

There is just too many holes to fill to make a move and lose picks to get a RB right now, IMO.  There are other backs to be had with a pick you would probably have to give up to make the move.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 26, 2012, 07:55:17 AM

Extra picks don't necessarily equal extra talent , especially with Dominic's track record in the 2nd and 3rd rounds , which is horrendous. TR is a special talent , so we should go get him if we feel he won't make it to #5.

Would you rather have Calvin Johnson or Gaines Adams , Arron Sears , and Sabby Piscitelli ?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 26, 2012, 10:20:42 AM

Extra picks don't necessarily equal extra talent , especially with Dominic's track record in the 2nd and 3rd rounds , which is horrendous. TR is a special talent , so we should go get him if we feel he won't make it to #5.

Would you rather have Calvin Johnson or Gaines Adams , Arron Sears , and Sabby Piscitelli ?

If Tampa can't trade up for TR, they need to stay still and draft the best LBer in college imo.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

cover-too

Starter

#38 : April 26, 2012, 10:22:30 AM

I'm not saying that couldn't happen and I see what you are getting at, what I'm saying is that there will be a stater at #5 no matter what and you will still have your pick in the 3rd or 5th or whatever it would cost to fill more needs on the team.  Could they all bust, sure, but the odds are more in favor of finding players when you have more picks in the earlier rounds.  I would love to have TR and the thing is that he may still be available at #5.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#39 : April 26, 2012, 10:48:08 AM

First off, TR is not a special talent, and I sure wouldn't put "all my eggs into one basket," or any for that matter.  I've already stated how moronic it would be to take him with the 5 pick, but to move up and do it is something to fire a GM over. If Dom makes the mistake of Drafting TR I'll be sure to write a strongly worded letter...

I'd take about 10-20 prospects before TR, that's how mediocre TR is, and as I mentioned earlier if we get down in points like last year he's not bring us back; LGB wouldn't even be able to do it. Let's take a mediocre RB over fixing our back 7, and Defense...

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 26, 2012, 11:10:07 AM

First off, TR is not a special talent, and I sure wouldn't put "all my eggs into one basket," or any for that matter.  I've already stated how moronic

YOU stated it, so it's true! Wow. Holy cow! Didn't know.... ::)

TR is better than any RB the Bucs have ever had. An going by all his awards, stats, and all the scouts that have approved of him, I'd say he's as close to "special talent" as Tampa is going to get out of FA or draft.

Just because you're scared of taking chances doesn't mean the rest of us who aren't are "moronic." Being "safe" is what got us in this loser position in the first place.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

flaitguy

Starter
#41 : April 26, 2012, 11:14:20 AM

this is known as the Ricky Williams/ Mike Ditka syndrome.  You give up the farm for a running back thinking  this will get you to the super bowl, you dont need anyone else.

These always work out. Lets do it!!

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#42 : April 26, 2012, 11:39:20 AM

First off, TR is not a special talent, and I sure wouldn't put "all my eggs into one basket," or any for that matter.  I've already stated how moronic

YOU stated it, so it's true! Wow. Holy cow! Didn't know.... ::)
Since sarcasm doesn't translate well in text, I'll take it as you concurring with my statement(s)(insert sarcasm)

TR is better than any RB the Bucs have ever had. An going by all his awards, stats, and all the scouts that have approved of him, I'd say he's as close to "special talent" as Tampa is going to get out of FA or draft.
He's not even better than LGB, he's a dime a dozen back; baker's dozen that's how mediocre...We have a Pro Bowl line now, that even Lumpkin could run through, add anyone to the back field and they'll get to the second level, we don't need to waste a high draft pick when anyone else will suffice.

Just because you're scared of taking chances doesn't mean the rest of us who aren't are "moronic." Being "safe" is what got us in this loser position in the first place.
You can surmise all you want, but the reality is, I don't want to draft a mediocre RB with the 5th pick. "Being safe" LMFAO, really... There're many reasons why we sucked last year, but hey, your logic is clearly head and shoulders above the reset...
: April 26, 2012, 11:41:07 AM TomRiddle

Snook

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 26, 2012, 11:42:37 AM

I feel sorry for anyone who's dumb enough to think the Bucs will trade away draft picks to take a RB at #3.

I want Richardson more than anything, but this isn't happening.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 26, 2012, 11:44:04 AM

I feel sorry for anyone who's dumb enough to think the Bucs will trade away draft picks to take a RB at #3.

I want Richardson more than anything, but this isn't happening.

There are dumb GMs and HCs out there brah so anything is possible.....
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade interest for No. 3 'really heated up' over last 24 hours « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools