Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade interest for No. 3 'really heated up' over last 24 hours « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#45 : April 26, 2012, 11:45:00 AM

this is known as the Ricky Williams/ Mike Ditka syndrome.  You give up the farm for a running back thinking  this will get you to the super bowl, you dont need anyone else.

These always work out. Lets do it!!
That should be a warning shot, but unfortunately, the Trentersexuals have their headbands on, holding hands and screeching at the top of their lungs in an effort to ward away sanity.

Jesus...that is exactly how I feel about the RB position and trading up.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 26, 2012, 11:55:00 AM

Something tells me it wont cost an entire draft to trade up to #3....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#47 : April 26, 2012, 12:22:17 PM

I feel sorry for anyone who's dumb enough to think the Bucs will trade away draft picks to take a RB at #3.

I want Richardson more than anything, but this isn't happening.

There are dumb GMs and HCs out there brah so anything is possible.....

Nope.  This is the media trying to generate buzz in a draft who's Top 5 has already been basically decided.

pblepiscopal

Rookie
#48 : April 26, 2012, 12:39:43 PM

Besides all of the said arguments, who the heck will be our third down back if we select Trent? AP is supplemented by Toby Gerhart-- a capable pass catching and blocking back.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#49 : April 26, 2012, 12:47:53 PM

Besides all of the said arguments, who the heck will be our third down back if we select Trent? AP is supplemented by Toby Gerhart-- a capable pass catching and blocking back.

I guess the point is Richardson doesn't have to come off the field. Blount will still be around to spell him.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#50 : April 26, 2012, 12:58:13 PM

I guess the point is Richardson doesn't have to come off the field. Blount will still be around to spell him.
That's a good selling point for TR.

jlr0714

Starter
#51 : April 26, 2012, 12:59:27 PM

I wouldn't be disappointed with TR at #5, although I don't see it as our greatest need...but I would be disappointed if we traded additional picks to move up to #3 to get him.   I think we would be trading away potential value as we SHOULD be able to pick a player with value in the 3rd round...which is what I think Minny would demand for the trade.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#52 : April 26, 2012, 01:18:43 PM

I wouldn't be disappointed with TR at #5, although I don't see it as our greatest need...but I would be disappointed if we traded additional picks to move up to #3 to get him.   I think we would be trading away potential value as we SHOULD be able to pick a player with value in the 3rd round...which is what I think Minny would demand for the trade.

Here's a list of the last 10 years of our 3rd round picks:

2011: Mason Foster
2010: Myron Lewis
2009: Roy Miller
2008: Jeremy Zuttah
2007: Quincy Black
2006:  Maurice Stovall
2005:  Chris Colmer , Alex Smith
2004: Marquis Cooper
2003 Crris Simms
2002: Marquis Walker

Now I ask you again : Is giving up a 3rd rounder to get a true difference maker like Trent Richardson really going to be that big of a loss ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#53 : April 26, 2012, 01:36:02 PM

Its still is a pick that you can use to get a contributor. God knows we need it.

fabsrubio

Rookie

#54 : April 26, 2012, 01:40:53 PM

The last five guys you named are still on the team, another thing people forget is it's not like there's a drop off after Trent. Claibourne, Kalil, and Keuchly are all impact players.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#55 : April 26, 2012, 01:43:38 PM

The last five guys you named are still on the team, another thing people forget is it's not like there's a drop off after Trent. Claibourne, Kalil, and Keuchly are all impact players.

Thats why this isnt a huge deal to me. Its very entertaining for sure but I dont stress about it. Claiborne, Kalil, Keuchly, Blackmon, TR are all great players who will make us a better team.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#56 : April 26, 2012, 01:47:37 PM

Here's a list of the last 10 years of our 3rd round picks:

2011: Mason Foster
2010: Myron Lewis
2009: Roy Miller
2008: Jeremy Zuttah
2007: Quincy Black
2006:  Maurice Stovall
2005:  Chris Colmer , Alex Smith
2004: Marquis Cooper
2003 Crris Simms
2002: Marquis Walker

Now I ask you again : Is giving up a 3rd rounder to get a true difference maker like Trent Richardson really going to be that big of a loss ??

Not for some of those drafts, but this draft isn't those drafts so you can't say, I would say we can just take the best available RB in the 3rd with whoever in the 1st and it's a better deal than Richardson yeah, there should be some good ones left.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#57 : April 26, 2012, 01:48:18 PM

So the only thing that makes this thought even tolerable is the history. We were in this same boat with Calvin Johnson and we didn't pull the trigger. We settled for Gaines Adams and a draft load of picks which amounted to squat.

Now, as Illuminator pointed out, that doesn't mean you have to just assume the picks are going to suck and trade em all away for one guy....at the same time, I don't want to see Trent Richardson breaking the NFL rushing record while leading the Browns to the Super Bowl and us have 3 or 4 guys who amounted to nothing.

Sometimes if you believe the player is the best at his position and is a generational type difference maker - you gotta do what you gotta do.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#58 : April 26, 2012, 01:53:22 PM

Now, as Illuminator pointed out, that doesn't mean you have to just assume the picks are going to suck and trade em all away for one guy....at the same time, I don't want to see Trent Richardson breaking the NFL rushing record while leading the Browns to the Super Bowl and us have 3 or 4 guys who amounted to nothing.

A RB leading a team to the Super Bowl, much less the Browns? Be reasonable.

jlr0714

Starter
#59 : April 26, 2012, 02:45:27 PM

Tom Brady - 6th round.  Hines Ward - 3rd round.  Jason Taylor - 3rd round.  Asante Samuel - 4th round.   Joey Porter - 3rd round.   Donald Driver - 7th round.   Marques Colston - 7th round.  Ronde Barber - 3rd round.   Steve Smith - 3rd round.   Brian Westbrook, Lance Briggs & Jason Witten - 3rd round.  Frank Gore - 3rd round.  Brandon Marshall - 4th round.  Jared Allen - 4th round.  Justin Tuck - 3rd round.

Just because we haven't done a great job of drafting in the 3rd round lately doesn't mean that there isn't significant talent available to be had.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade interest for No. 3 'really heated up' over last 24 hours « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools