Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ProFootballFocus looking for a few Volunteers « previous next »
Page: 1 2

champkind

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 25, 2012, 07:51:34 AM

I am not saying some of their stuff isn't interesting. Some of it MAY even be accurate. What I hate is how some people take their player ratings as gospel. The fact is, they are made by unprofessional, ignorant nobodies. It isn't "science." It is subjective as hell.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 25, 2012, 08:31:24 AM

LOL, this is priceless. And I'm not surprised at the lack of comment from a certain few individuals. Just lol, at the burn.

kjbugman

Starter

#17 : April 25, 2012, 08:43:32 AM

I'd love to be a volunteer for Pro Football Focus .

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 25, 2012, 05:33:17 PM

I find their information interesting - and helpful in gaining a different perspective even if their stats don't fit what what my eyes see on occasion.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 25, 2012, 06:13:43 PM

I am not saying some of their stuff isn't interesting. Some of it MAY even be accurate. What I hate is how some people take their player ratings as gospel. The fact is, they are made by unprofessional, ignorant nobodies. It isn't "science." It is subjective as hell.
No one takes their ratings as gospel and PFF repeatedly says their stats are open to interpretation.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 25, 2012, 06:17:04 PM

No one takes their ratings as gospel and PFF repeatedly says their stats are open to interpretation.

Their stats are used repeatedly as Gospel often to "tell the real story" behind the fact that does not fit the PFF advocate's point if view. The classic example is PFF pressures versus sacks.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 25, 2012, 06:25:15 PM

In the end what they call analysts are game charters. Assuming they know right from left most of them are in good shape.

Your bigger issue is you hate numbers along with most of the luddite crowd. Anything that tries to quantify the game makes your hackles go nuts because you mouthbreathers want to just toss your unprofessional, ignorant nobody opinions and not have them challenged.

The simple fact is that you are free to question to the PFF results but when their numbers seem to correspond to reality in so many cases you should, if you weren't ignorant, ask, "gosh maybe they're onto something here".  The fact that they don't like the Bucs OL that for some reason people love is the basis of most of the unwarranted hatred - this despite the fact that anyone who does any analysis of our success seems to arrive at the same conclusions.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 25, 2012, 06:46:14 PM

the luddite crowd . . . mouthbreathers . . . your unprofessional, ignorant nobody opinions  .....  if you weren't ignorant

That ^^^^ was one compelling argument.  PFF stats rule because if you don't accept them you are an unprofessional, ignorant nobody mouthbreather luddite!!  Case closed.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 25, 2012, 06:56:24 PM

In the end what they call analysts are game charters. Assuming they know right from left most of them are in good shape.

Your bigger issue is you hate numbers along with most of the luddite crowd. Anything that tries to quantify the game makes your hackles go nuts because you mouthbreathers want to just toss your unprofessional, ignorant nobody opinions and not have them challenged.

The simple fact is that you are free to question to the PFF results but when their numbers seem to correspond to reality in so many cases you should, if you weren't ignorant, ask, "gosh maybe they're onto something here".  The fact that they don't like the Bucs OL that for some reason people love is the basis of most of the unwarranted hatred - this despite the fact that anyone who does any analysis of our success seems to arrive at the same conclusions.

LOL, it doesn't take a crystal ball to know that Trueblood sucks. Or maybe they were onto something when they compared Black to Brooks?

Oh and thanks for letting us know what we are free to do. But hey, just to let you know you too are free to use your PFF stats to support you and the other mouthbreathers when you toss out your unprofessional, ignorant nobody opinion, we'll stick with other more professional sites that uses actual professionals and not a fan site that you pay way too much for that uses volunteers to quantify the game.

Thanks for playing.
: April 25, 2012, 07:00:52 PM Freddy

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 25, 2012, 07:03:12 PM

LOL, it doesn't take a crystal ball to know that Trueblood sucks. Or maybe they were onto something when they compared Black to Brooks?

Oh and thanks for letting us know what we are free to do. But hey, just to let you know you too are free to use your PFF stats to support you and the other mouthbreathers when you toss out your unprofessional, ignorant nobody opinion, we'll stick with other more professional sites that uses actual professionals and not a fan site that you pay way too much for that uses volunteers to quantify the game.

Thanks for playing.

I'll recall this when you are next bashing paid writers for not knowing what they are talking about as well.  The only opinion you want to hear is your own- facts be damned.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 25, 2012, 07:06:21 PM

Thanks for playing.

I'll recall this when you are next bashing paid writers for not knowing what they are talking about as well.  The only opinion you want to hear is your own- facts be damned.

Show me once where I ever said that? In fact I have even referenced PFF before. You sir are the bone headed arrogant fool claiming PFF or nothing. LOL

Remember anything you want, it works both ways.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ProFootballFocus looking for a few Volunteers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools