Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com Mike Mayock Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 25, 2012, 06:30:17 PM

" elite RB's are useless in the NFL "

In a sea of stupid, one man rises above.

Oh brilliant one... please name me ONE elite RB in the last 10 years that put his team over the top?  ONLY ONE.  JUST ONE.  THAT'S IT... JUST ONE!!!  The last one the I came up with was Terrell Davis and that was what, 1998?  No, Marshall Faulk didn't put the Rams over the top, it was Kurt Warner that did that.  So please, JUST ONE!
Shaun Alexander. He's the sole reason why the Seahawks went to the super bowl in 2005.
Really? He had 6 carries for 9 yards in the first round victory over Washington and while he did have a big game against Carolina in the NFL championship game, the defense only gave up 14 points. They would have won that game with any RB behind Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson. That team was loaded. They sent seven players to the Pro Bowl.
: April 25, 2012, 06:32:16 PM Feel Real Good

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 25, 2012, 06:30:47 PM

Shaun Alexander. He's the sole reason why the Seahawks went to the super bowl in 2005.

Really?

SEA that year Hasselbeck had a 98 QBR, they were 5th in passing TD's and top 5 in passing efficiency. Oddly enough that was the best season Hasselbeck has ever had and that was the year SEA got the to SB.  Oh and they also had a top 10 defense (#7) so once again we have a great defense and a great passing attack getting a team to the Super Bowl...what a shocker.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#62 : April 25, 2012, 07:08:10 PM

Matt Hasselbeck, long time game manager, is the great QB that led the Seahawks to the SB in 2006? Really? Everyone knows that offense started and ended with Shaun Alexander.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#63 : April 25, 2012, 07:15:16 PM

Matt Hasselbeck, long time game manager, is the great QB that led the Seahawks to the SB in 2006? Really? Everyone knows that offense started and ended with Shaun Alexander.

Hey, Mark Rypien isn't a great QB but the year he went to the SB he was great. Nothing says you have to be consistently good just good for a year and he was. Again, great QB play + great defense = success. Always has, the run game doesn't matter.  When Hasselbeck and that D slipped SEA vanished.

Put another way the NFL strips away the PIT D, HOU D, SF D, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Ray Rice from their teams is there anyone in their right mind who doesn't take all the D's and QB's before the RB if they are not playing FFL.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#64 : April 25, 2012, 07:26:06 PM

Of course it did ... even games when SA didn't put up big numbers he was opening up other aspects of the offense because the defense had to focus on the threat of him. This "running backs don't matter" argument is so incredibly stupid and I can't believe it's even being debated.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#65 : April 25, 2012, 11:10:32 PM

I won't argue against the kind of year that Alexander had that year, but my point remains when I ask this... why didn't he matter in any other year of his career?  If he's so elite and such a game changer and so important to his team, how come the team was never more than a pretender any other year of his career?  Also, furthermore to my point... he was drafted 19th overall in 2000.  Meaning, the Seahawks didn't need to trade up or draft a RB in the top 15.  Also to further my point... Shaun Alexander played 9 seasons in the NFL.  A case can be made that he was actually only "elite" for 3 of those years.  Exactly, 1/3 of his career.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#66 : April 26, 2012, 08:33:49 AM

Of course it did ... even games when SA didn't put up big numbers he was opening up other aspects of the offense because the defense had to focus on the threat of him. This "running backs don't matter" argument is so incredibly stupid and I can't believe it's even being debated.
Matt Hasselbeck made three Pro Bowls over a five year period and the year they went to the Super Bowl he had the highest passer rating in the NFC.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com Mike Mayock Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools