Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS SELECT SAFETY ALABAMA SAFETY MARK BARRON WITH NO. 7 PICK « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#105 : April 26, 2012, 10:36:46 PM

All I'm gonna say is if you take a safety at #7 he better be the next Ed Reed. Sure feels like we reached for the only decent safety in a weak safety class.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#106 : April 26, 2012, 10:37:41 PM

All I'm gonna say is if you take a safety at #7 he better be the next Ed Reed. Sure feels like we reached for the only decent safety in a weak safety class.

It is a weak class, so yeah this will be an interesting to pick to watch a long time.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#107 : April 26, 2012, 10:37:58 PM

My impression of Bernard Pollard is he's a pretty one dimensional in the box safety. If Barron is who they think he is, he should be much much better in coverage.

He's not bad in the shallow zones but he's too stiff and tightly wound to be any good in M2M or running down the field
People seem to think Barron will be one of the better SS's in coverage.

They're wrong...

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#108 : April 26, 2012, 10:38:23 PM

He was the best pick at his position.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#109 : April 26, 2012, 10:38:52 PM

He's not bad in the shallow zones but he's too stiff and tightly wound to be any good in M2M or running down the field

Barron is noted for being very good in man coverage.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#110 : April 26, 2012, 10:38:57 PM

My impression of Bernard Pollard is he's a pretty one dimensional in the box safety. If Barron is who they think he is, he should be much much better in coverage.

They're wrong...
And you're mad.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

graypilgrim

Starter

#111 : April 26, 2012, 10:42:21 PM

They're wrong...
And you're mad.
Let us wait and see how he stacks up in games, then maybe some here will be feasting on crow. But, I imagine some complain just for the sake of complaining. It is their right.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#112 : April 26, 2012, 10:42:38 PM

I love the pick. Safety was the weakest position on the team. They obviously preferred him to Keuchly and Claiborne. They got back their fourth round pick.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucsWin31

Starter

#113 : April 26, 2012, 10:46:57 PM

Barron helps the pass D & run D. Claiborne & Kuechly (although great players in their own right) couldn't do that.

Good pick.
Case closed. Can we close this thread now? lol

Hammerhead

Starter

#114 : April 26, 2012, 10:53:04 PM

Safety position was our position of greatest need. We have players with practically no experience there including Grimm who played several games for us decently but that's all we know about him. He was a seventh round pick who showed he may be a long term starter for us but the verdict is definitely still out on him. So this pick made a lot of sense from a need standpoint. Black, Asante, Holland and Grimm, those were our safeties. Pretty grim.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS SELECT SAFETY ALABAMA SAFETY MARK BARRON WITH NO. 7 PICK « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools