Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once again Dominik manages to show his pure ineptitude « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 26, 2012, 09:29:48 PM

I agree, Dominik is on 620 right now lying about how Barron was a target at 5.

actually, it makes perfect sense that he'd value Barron as much as he did Claiborne (who most assumed the Bucs would talk at 5). so if you value him as such, it shouldn't surprise you that Dom pulled the trigger on the trade, right?
Except he is lying about it. Barron was a second-tier player... and I mean not even close to the top 5 guys picked.

Dirtyred1021

Second String

#16 : April 26, 2012, 09:30:06 PM

Don't mine the player but I'm Cali, listening too Iheart and this guy just lie about this was the guy the hold time

Raideneers

Starter

#17 : April 26, 2012, 09:32:40 PM

really? People defending Dumminik for the "value" we got in return for swapping trades. What a joke based on what teams trading down AFTER us received. I suddenly remember why I don't frequent the boards anymore. Back to suckling Dumminiks teet geniuses.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 26, 2012, 09:32:55 PM

So long as he can stay healthy, I think it can turn out well enough.  It's kind of high for a safety, but it would have been kind of high for a MLB too.  Hopefully it'll work out.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 26, 2012, 09:33:01 PM

I like Barron more than Claiborne or Kuechly. With maybe the exception of Gilmore, those were the three guys I thought would work.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

flaitguy

Starter
#20 : April 26, 2012, 09:33:15 PM

This isnt like tey didnt havea chance a t the other guys.they did. They wanted barron. Andgot a 4th out of it. Best deal? No but if he wastheirguy it was a free 4th rounder

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 26, 2012, 09:34:04 PM

Don't mine the player but I'm Cali, listening too Iheart and this guy just lie about this was the guy the hold time
Exactly.... Dominik is a liar and if he isn't lying he needs to be fired immediately. Barron is a top 15 pick.. not a top 7.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#22 : April 26, 2012, 09:36:12 PM

Instantly improves our pass and run defense.  Will go to multiple pro bowls.  May I also add, that the Bucs obviously weren't as enamored with Claiborne as everyone thought they were despite having the best intel on him (from his college position coach).  That should tell you something.  I would rather have had Kuechly at that pick, but I can certainly live with that.  I do wish we got more in return for that trade.

keithroby

Rookie

#23 : April 26, 2012, 09:37:01 PM

I agree, Dominik is on 620 right now lying about how Barron was a target at 5.

actually, it makes perfect sense that he'd value Barron as much as he did Claiborne (who most assumed the Bucs would talk at 5). so if you value him as such, it shouldn't surprise you that Dom pulled the trigger on the trade, right?
Except he is lying about it. Barron was a second-tier player... and I mean not even close to the top 5 guys picked.

well 3 of the top 5 guys weren't going to be drafted by the Bucs (OT, 2 QBs), and they just spent $$ on a WR, and they weren't going to get Richardson without mortgaging their entire draft.

so go ahead and rate Barron off of Claiborne and the other 6-10s. he's pure value, period.

you might not like the pick, and that's fine, but he does fill a huge area of need. and as far as not getting enough back in return from Jax...well, you need a market to establish. if you can't find a legit 3rd party, then you take what you can get if you know one of your two/three guys will be there where you land after trading back.

it's pretty simple, really. Dom likes his pick. he executed his plan.

the guy's not LYING to us about it...i mean, are you ACTUALLY thinking that Dom thought he could 'sneak one by' the NFL and nab Claiborne at 7, only to have it 'blow up' in his face?

really?

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#24 : April 26, 2012, 09:38:54 PM

Exactly.... Dominik is a liar and if he isn't lying he needs to be fired immediately. Barron is a top 15 pick.. not a top 7.

Except that Mayock had him as 7th best in draft.  Some even had him at 6.  So there goes that.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 26, 2012, 09:40:10 PM

At least he didn't draft Bruce Irvin!

(And yes, this is totally the sort of post that will come back to bite me on the butt three years from now.)

keithroby

Rookie

#26 : April 26, 2012, 09:40:29 PM

really? People defending Dumminik for the "value" we got in return for swapping trades. What a joke based on what teams trading down AFTER us received. I suddenly remember why I don't frequent the boards anymore. Back to suckling Dumminiks teet geniuses.

again, the bounty you get back when trading down is relative to who your dance partner is. DAL viewed TB as a threat to take Claiborne, so they were willing to leap a dozen or so spots (and pay a hefty price) to get their man. TB didn't have the same type of desperate partner...hence the smaller bounty.

it's common sense, 'genius'.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#27 : April 26, 2012, 09:43:19 PM

While also wishing we got a little more in return on the trade, I hope that the poetic justice here will be that we get a future stud in the 4th round with the newly acquired pick.  At this point, getting that extra pick was pretty key.  I had mixed feelings about MoClay anyway, and if they really liked Barron more than Kuchy(which they obviously did), then getting that 4th back was good bull.  We've got too many holes to fill to think that any one guy would have made all of the difference.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 26, 2012, 09:44:10 PM

Drafting a RB, SS, or RT in the top ten is never a good sign for the GM or the HC.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#29 : April 26, 2012, 09:45:05 PM

Good move, good player. Guy is going to make an impact and the Bucs got a pick back as well.
good move, No.

Good Player, I'll agree he's solid, and I hope he ends up being great, but we could have traded down further and still have picked him up.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once again Dominik manages to show his pure ineptitude « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools