Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's Your Grade on Dom's Performance Tonight? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 27, 2012, 12:08:34 AM

Who the hell is Wilson?

The RB we should all be glad we didn't draft.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 27, 2012, 12:09:51 AM

A...

Would be A+ if we got more in the jax trade but I'm not complaining!!!!

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#32 : April 27, 2012, 12:09:56 AM

C-. Got worked by veteran GM's early and panicked into drafting a middle of the 1st round player at 7. Made a decent trade to get the running back at the end of the 1st.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 27, 2012, 12:10:58 AM

A.

Barron is a bit questionable with Kuechly on the board but according to Dom(and Schefter) he was their guy, and I definitely do like the guy. But he did trade down rather than just reaching, and in doing so turned that into Doug Martin, which was absolutely brilliant. As always time will tell and either guy could theoretically bust, but on paper it looks great.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 27, 2012, 12:14:26 AM

A, would be an A+ if we'd gotten a 3rd or a 5th as well from Jax. Loved both picks. Really happy with Schiano today. We drafted a guy with two national title rings and a guy who hasn't lost more than 2 games in any of his collegiate seasons. How could you argue against that.

Actually, on second thought, neither of these two have seen more than 2 losses a season in their collegiate careers and both have an undefeated run in them.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 27, 2012, 12:21:43 AM

I, like most everybody, would have liked more compensation for trading down. Surprised with the MB pick, but the Bucs must have really liked him. Low bust potential in what must be a key position in Schiano's defense.

Really liked the trade to get Martin. RBs a position of need, and we got a good prospect by jumping back in the first round. Didn't spend to much to do it. I believe Dom said that first round draft picks can be signed for five years--a bonus. Still have a 4th round pick.

Too early to grade, of course, but so far, an A or B.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 27, 2012, 12:33:53 AM

I'll go with a B+.

I don't know anything about Barron because I don't really follow college defensive players, but the consensus from the talking that I've heard on NFLRadio and ESPNRadio was that he has a really high ceilling.  Someone even compared him to Brian Dawkins, so this will come as a shock to most, but I'm willing to give Dominik the benefit of the doubt on the Barron pick and give him a "A" for the player acquisition.  The trade though, leaves quite a bit to be desired.  Teams were in a paying mood tonight in trades.  To walk away with only a 4th... I give that a "C".

I give the selection and trade for Martin a "A+".  Gave up very little in value for a guy who could be an everydown back.  This is a significantly greater turn of events than a trade up for Richardson.

It took 4 tries, but I think Dominik is finally having a good draft.

blackfoot

Starter
#37 : April 27, 2012, 12:50:35 AM

Add tonight drafts to the FAs we picked up and you got say this college coach building a nice little NFL team. A- on the draft imo.

tmac87

Starter
#38 : April 27, 2012, 12:56:54 AM

The draft was pretty decent. I don't know if Barron was the "real" choice, but if MoMo really was the guy, idk if we move for only a 4th rounder. More plausible he wanted to move down again but still grab Barron, and it failed. B+ after the 1st round was all said and done.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 27, 2012, 01:00:02 AM

Jamie Dukes picked Claiborne, Kurt Warner picked Barron as his guy who he feels has a chance to be in the top 100 NFL players for 2012.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 27, 2012, 01:03:18 AM

ESPN had an interview up yesterday (Suzy Kolber interviewing T-Rich and Barron) and in it she praised his intelligence and leadership...sounds like this kid has some key intangibles to go with his physical skillset.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 27, 2012, 01:35:34 AM

I'll go with a B+.

I don't know anything about Barron because I don't really follow college defensive players, but the consensus from the talking that I've heard on NFLRadio and ESPNRadio was that he has a really high ceilling.  Someone even compared him to Brian Dawkins, so this will come as a shock to most, but I'm willing to give Dominik the benefit of the doubt on the Barron pick and give him a "A" for the player acquisition.  The trade though, leaves quite a bit to be desired.  Teams were in a paying mood tonight in trades.  To walk away with only a 4th... I give that a "C".

I give the selection and trade for Martin a "A+".  Gave up very little in value for a guy who could be an everydown back.  This is a significantly greater turn of events than a trade up for Richardson.

It took 4 tries, but I think Dominik is finally having a good draft.
I think that last year's draft was pretty darn solid although I am having doubts about the Stocker move. We got Claiborne who outperformed Cam Jordan who we was the other option for DE at that pick and we got a complete stud in round 2 who had no knee issues last year (granted we were extremely easy on him) and showed all the potential one hoped for.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 27, 2012, 11:23:47 AM

I think that last year's draft was pretty darn solid although I am having doubts about the Stocker move. We got Claiborne who outperformed Cam Jordan who we was the other option for DE at that pick and we got a complete stud in round 2 who had no knee issues last year (granted we were extremely easy on him) and showed all the potential one hoped for.
[/quote]

I like the Clayborn pick... Bowers, we'll see.  Foster, eh.  The rest, blah.  A hit, 2 walks, and 5 outs.  We'll see.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 27, 2012, 11:40:11 AM

I'm ecstatic about last night's draft. The trade with Jacksonville was fine, they got back their missing fourth rounder and still got the guy they wanted. But using that fourth to move up and still getting a fourth was pretty much perfect. I was more excited by other RBs, personally, but the fact that they coveted Martin enough to make the move makes him more exciting to me.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#44 : April 27, 2012, 11:40:46 AM

The draft was pretty decent. I don't know if Barron was the "real" choice, but if MoMo really was the guy, idk if we move for only a 4th rounder. More plausible he wanted to move down again but still grab Barron, and it failed. B+ after the 1st round was all said and done.

This is what I was thinking. I think it is more plausible to assume that the Bucs were looking to trade back again, and that is why they took their full 10 minutes. These guys are not going to trade back from 5 to 7 and not have a backup if their guy is picked ahead of them. The Rams could have taken MoClay, so they had to know it was a possibility that he wouldn't still be on the board.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's Your Grade on Dom's Performance Tonight? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools