Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Lynch: "Mark Barron is a flat-out STUD" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 27, 2012, 08:57:46 AM

Analyst on ESPN this morning said Barron was the pick all along. We were never going to trade up, only down and it was to get into a better position to draft Barron.

This blew my mind....No one had us pegged for Barron.

Outside of Claiborne and Richardson, a few of us had Barron in a trade down. Some of us even had him at 5 if Mo and Richardson were off the board. I am dissappointed we didn't get Mo but I am pretty happy about our first round.
We just really really have to luck out with Talib not going to jail, as much as I dislike the guy we need him badly.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#16 : April 27, 2012, 08:58:24 AM

He said the same thing about Tanard Jackson.

Lynch can only assess the on-field merits of the player. Jacksons off field issues were his ultimate downfall. Jackson was a pretty good safety prior to his suspension.

BucFanMatt

Starter
#17 : April 27, 2012, 09:29:49 AM

Outside of Claiborne and Richardson, a few of us had Barron in a trade down. Some of us even had him at 5 if Mo and Richardson were off the board. I am dissappointed we didn't get Mo but I am pretty happy about our first round.
We just really really have to luck out with Talib not going to jail, as much as I dislike the guy we need him badly.

My feeling all along was that no team in the NFL had better insight into whether or not Claiborne was the real deal than the Bucs due to the fact that Claiborne's position coach is now the Buc's DB coach.  I think the fact that the team passed on him tells you that they had legitimate concerns either about is character or ability to transition to the NFL.  At least to the extent that they did not view him as a top five pick anyway.

\"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither\" -- Benjamin Franklin

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 27, 2012, 10:58:13 AM

I never payed much attention to Barron. Watching Bama I always focused on Kirkpatrick and Hightower.
Watching highlights has me pretty jacked!

Things I see:

- Dropping in coverage. Does it well. Ball hawk. Really goes after the ball like a WR.
- Laying the Wood.
- Sacks. Ill admit I wanted Keek at 7, but Barron definitely brings something Keek doesnt. A PR Threat.
- Great closing speed. I love his change of direction and burst. I loved seeing him run past Hightower to make the tackle HT wasnt going to get to.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 27, 2012, 10:58:54 AM

BTW, if anyone knows safeties, its #47. Ill take his stamp of approval over yours anyday.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 27, 2012, 11:03:23 AM

Oh, and this is how you tackle...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 27, 2012, 11:05:08 AM

BTW, if anyone knows safeties, its #47. Ill take his stamp of approval over yours anyday.

You know the saying though. "Good players don't always make good coaches."

Lynch does seem pretty smart though, and knew his position well.

I definitely would take his opinion over any of you scallywags on this MB  ;)

EDIT:

Beastmode.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 27, 2012, 11:06:21 AM

47 is a Stanford guy. Im sure he knows his stuff.
Also one of my favorite football analysts.

Im probably a bit biased though.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 27, 2012, 11:09:58 AM

Quote from: SCLOBERNOCKER

I wouldn't have pegged you for a John Lynch supporter.  :D

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 27, 2012, 11:10:44 AM

This might be a stretch but, he is probably the best open field tackler on the team. He makes textbook tackles in those videos.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 27, 2012, 11:11:18 AM

I get that DTG is running damage control now.

Safety at seven is a terrible idea, and we missed out on the best CB in the draft to get him.

Makes no sense.  And all Dom recouped was a fourth round pick.

Don't get me wrong, Barron is a monster.  I like the kid (aside from the fact he was arrested for lying to the police a while ago).  But to pass on Claiborne to get Barron made no sense to me.  Dom was hellbent on getting that fourth back, but he should have recouped more, or stayed pat).  Dom is a liar when he said Barron was the target all along.  A flat out liar.  He got outpokered. 

No big deal.  Barron is a stud, but man...c'mon man.

Welcome to Tampa Barron. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 27, 2012, 11:11:26 AM

+1.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 27, 2012, 11:12:31 AM

Yup. But honestly, what self respecting Bucs fan wouldn't be bias when it comes to Lynch?

Hell, I still can't pick on Sapp with all his shortcomings lately. An believe me, I love to poke fun at other people's expense (Although, I enjoy it most when it's Javatroll).

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 27, 2012, 11:36:47 AM

Stuck in a hotel...
: April 27, 2012, 11:38:42 AM SCLOBERNOCKER

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 27, 2012, 11:37:53 AM

Quote from: SCLOBERNOCKER

I wouldn't have pegged you for a John Lynch supporter.  :D

I try to keep it under wraps :P

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Lynch: "Mark Barron is a flat-out STUD" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools