Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Lynch: "Mark Barron is a flat-out STUD" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 27, 2012, 11:38:59 AM

Did you guys know Barron was arrested for lying to cops?

Just letting you know.

Barron is a monster.  But he is a safety.

And Dom is a liar.  TR was his choice and he got outbid.

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#31 : April 27, 2012, 11:41:14 AM

Just letting you know.

Would you have given up what Cleveland did?  You never know, TR might have been first and Barron 2nd. 

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 27, 2012, 11:42:14 AM

Just letting you know.

Boid, I think we may have picked TR if he was there, but I have doubts we ever intended to trade up for him...
I think CLE got bamboozled.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 27, 2012, 11:44:44 AM

Just letting you know.

Boid, I think we may have picked TR if he was there, but I have doubts we ever intended to trade up for him...
I think CLE got bamboozled.
May have?  By all accounts the FO wanted TR badly.  They just couldn't compete with the Browns who wanted him desperately, as I presumed.

But to recoup a fourth round pick (that Dom wanted back so badly) for the best safety prospect, OVER the BEST CB prospect is stupid.  I think Dom scored a 3 on his wonderlic regarding player value.

Just a stupid move in my book.  Just stupid.

But again, Barronis a stud, and Muscle Hamster is a beast and a guy I wanted...

If Dom can secure Lavonte David, he may save a little face.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 27, 2012, 11:45:12 AM

I'm perfectly fine with Barron if he was the second option.. We got a animal at safety again. Nick saban coached and was the general of his defense, that works for me.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 27, 2012, 11:45:43 AM

I think the Vikes owe us a gratuity pick....

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 27, 2012, 11:48:51 AM

Im not upset with Barron. I really didnt think he was on the radar. I was a bit surprised...
I wanted MO, and expected Keek. Barron makes our D way better no doubt. If we can come out of this with Barron, Martin, and David, we can just close up shop for this draft. Ill be happy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 27, 2012, 11:49:06 AM

Benchwarmer, you can clear half of your sig pic now.

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#38 : April 27, 2012, 11:50:11 AM

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/mark-barron-outranked-morris-claiborne-bucs-board

You've read for weeks that the Bucs were enamored with LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne, something that just about every reliable source outside the organization has maintained.

It made lots of sense: The Bucs have a major need at the position, and Claiborne was seen as having the potential to be elite in the NFL. But with the first round of the NFL Draft in our rear-view mirror, we now can piece together a better picture of how the Bucs viewed Claiborne.

For starters, I've been told this morning that the Bucs did not have Claiborne ranked as high as most believed. Mark Barron, who the team selected with their seventh overall pick, was ranked higher on their draft board based on information coming out of One Buc Place.

That's easy to say now, after the fact. But here's why it's very likely true: The Bucs were moving ahead with their trade down from No. 5 to 7 (with Jacksonville) before the Vikings' No. 4 pick was revealed. It could not be assumed at that point that the Vikings would take USC tackle Matt Kalil, which they did. The other player the Vikings were considering was Claiborne, who they ultimately passed on. Something else to consider: When you include all teams that -- before and after the flurry of trades -- had an opportunity to draft Claiborne from No. 4 and beyond, the Vikings, Bucs, Jaguars and Rams, in a sense, passed on him.

If the Bucs had Claiborne clearly ranked higher than remaining players, the fourth-round pick they gained by trading down two spots wasn't nearly worth the risk. The Jaguars were clearly trading up to No. 5 for Blackmon, but they, too, were in the market for cornerback help and opted not to take Claiborne. The Rams were seen as a potential landing spot for Claiborne, but they chose to trade down from No. 6 with Dallas, who ultimately drafted him. And here's something else: The Cowboys never hosted Claiborne for a pre-draft visit, and he was only interviewed by a Dallas assistant at the NFL Combine in February.

Maybe all this should tell us something.

You can argue whether Barron is truly a better player than Claiborne, something that is in the eye of the beholder. That is a fair debate. But it does not appear the Bucs lost out on Claiborne. It seems, rather, they were able to pick up a guy they had targeted, picking up an extra pick in the process.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 27, 2012, 11:50:15 AM

Im not upset with Barron. I really didnt think he was on the radar. I was a bit surprised...
I wanted MO, and expected Keek. Barron makes our D way better no doubt. If we can come out of this with Barron, Martin, and David, we can just close up shop for this draft. Ill be happy.
Me too.  But the BUcs need cornerbacks.  BADLY.

And watch Dom go and draft a pothead goon like Jenkins.  Only after dealing with a goon like Talib, and another fool in Tanard Jackson.

Dom must have a cranium that is three inches thick.  Dude never learns.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 27, 2012, 12:00:12 PM

Im unsure on Jenk. The kid is a stud, but we simply cannot deal with another problem child. We need "Buccanner Men" that will abide by Schianos ideals of TBA.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 27, 2012, 12:00:25 PM

Jeez...   this dude is a great football player.

I'm psyched about the pick 1/2 a day later.

Go bucs!

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 27, 2012, 12:01:24 PM

Just letting you know.

Haha, this is so true.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 27, 2012, 12:02:15 PM

Just letting you know.

Haha, this is so true.

Prove it

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 27, 2012, 12:04:04 PM

He was outed already.

If Barron was his choice, all along as he said (yeah right), then we need a new GM who recognizes the differences in value of positions.

Drafting punters in round 6 is foolish.  Drafting safeties at 7 is foolish.  No other way to look at it in my book.

Barron is good though, so I can at least rest knowing that.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Lynch: "Mark Barron is a flat-out STUD" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools