Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com: Barron is a "game changer" and the only elite Safety in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 27, 2012, 09:54:22 AM

I like Barron well enough, but I'm not sure he'll ever be a "game-changer".  Polamalu, Reed, and Berry are the only "game-changing" Safety's in the league right now, and Barron's not on their level as a player.  Good, solid NFL player though.  But I still think picking him @ 7 was a reach.  Hope he turns into that game-changer over time.

As a fan if we are sitting here debating whether or not a player the Bucs picked will be a solid NFL player or and "elite" NFL player, I think's that what's called a win/win especially after trading down.

I think that is what makes this a mixed feeling for me.  If there are only five projected players as "elite" in the draft was the trade down worth it for the Bucs?  I don't know, but lets hope Barron and/or Martin become elite.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 27, 2012, 11:30:31 AM

Claiborne was an elite prospect at a high demand position.  Barron is an elite safety in a low skill requirement position.

Dom is an idiot.

But hey, we got Muscle Hamster and a fourth round pick...so that fourth round pick needs to be repackaged and utilized to move up to secure Lavonte David.  ASAP.

That would help cure some of Dom's mental woes and shortcomings.

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#32 : April 27, 2012, 11:31:54 AM

Claiborne was an elite prospect at a high demand position.  Barron is an elite safety in a low skill requirement position.

Dom is an idiot.

But hey, we got Muscle Hamster and a fourth round pick...so that fourth round pick needs to be repackaged and utilized to move up to secure Lavonte David.  ASAP.

Or you could look at our safety play the last few years and see we needed help badly.  We could have had Mo at 5 if we wanted him.  We traded before Minny even picked.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 27, 2012, 11:37:02 AM

Dom is an idiot.

Or you could look at our safety play the last few years and see we needed help badly.  We could have had Mo at 5 if we wanted him.  We traded before Minny even picked.
Yeah, we got a fourth round pick.  That pick better be used to secure some spots down for Lavonte David!

Safety play is an issue.  But so was cornerback play and depth.  Claiborne should have been the pick, period.

Absolutely stupid of Dom.

But Barron is a great safety.  SAFETY. 

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#34 : April 27, 2012, 11:42:41 AM

Schiano has made it known safety play was big for his defense, and the knock on Mo is that he isn't as physical.  Don't you think Schiano had a say in the pick?

Madman

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 27, 2012, 11:44:53 AM

Claiborne sounds like a real dope. I don't need no stinking wonderbread test.

Barron is a physical presence. Mo is soft. Barron will set the tone of toughness for others to follow. I like it.

If he's anything like Darren Woodson I'll be damn happy. Barron Woodson...

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 27, 2012, 11:45:07 AM

Safety play is an issue.  But so was cornerback play and depth.  Claiborne should have been the pick, period.

The Bucs employ Claiborne's position coach from college...three years plus recruiting....yet you....a guy on a message board have it all figured out?

ok.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 27, 2012, 11:47:48 AM

The Bucs employ Claiborne's position coach from college...three years plus recruiting....yet you....a guy on a message board have it all figured out?

ok.
I DO have it figured out.

I said Clayton sucked for years.  What happened?  Dom.

I said Black sucked out loud.  What happened?  Dom.

Tanard was resigned...and promptly cut BEFORE the draft?  What happened?  Dom.

Bucs drafted a punter in round 6.  A PUNTER who is not even on the team, never really made it.  Dom.

Thelist goes on and on, but I tell you one thing:  I would have done NONE of that.  That is stupid.

Bypassing the #1 CB prospect for the #1 safety prospect is...dumb.  People bag on MoMo for not caring about the wonderlic, but Dom gets a pass for his lunacy?  Ok.

YOU got it figured out Rye Rye.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#38 : April 27, 2012, 11:47:50 AM

Claiborne should have been the pick, period.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 27, 2012, 11:57:09 AM

Keep thinking that.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 27, 2012, 11:58:02 AM

Keep thinking that.
If that is your comeback after what I posted, then you sir, are mad.

You mad.

#41 : April 27, 2012, 01:29:50 PM

My only concern has been can Barron stay healthy at the next level & the fact that his production really dropped off last year. That's one reason I had Kuechly rated higher for the Bucs.

Claiborne had more holes in his game but was a premium position.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 27, 2012, 01:53:50 PM

Barron put up decent numbers considering he was surrounded by studs on those defenses.
Hopefully, he will be able to shine in a defense that is sorely in need of somebody to set the tone.

Turn the page.

djrobbied530

Second String

#43 : April 27, 2012, 02:51:38 PM

Keep thinking that.

You mad.

::)

Why don't you apply to be our GM since you are obviously over qualified, and have figured out the entire NFL.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 27, 2012, 02:53:47 PM

Keep thinking that.

You mad.

::)

Why don't you apply to be our GM since you are obviously over qualified, and have figured out the entire NFL.
Got an application handy?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com: Barron is a "game changer" and the only elite Safety in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools